SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
If you watched or listened to the Schiff Show, you know who she is.
Maybe worthy of a donation to keep Elise Stefanik in Congress. (FightSchiff.com)

I have never felt compelled to donate to political campaigns prior to this year, however with the attacks on our nation by the Democrats, I now feel it is a necessary step to keep our nation free.

Stefanik lauded by Trump for impeachment fight but draws Democrats' ire

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
If your attention waned on the final day, perhaps the most substantive testimony of the "IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY!" occurred:

“I understand when you were 11-years-old there was a school boy that set your pig tails on fire. And you were taking a test. You turned around and with your hands snuffed out the fire and then proceeded to finish your test,” Speier said. “Is that a true story?”
Hill responded that “it is a true story”

Posts: 7455 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Well, I wish the Dems would just end their little circus & vote to impeach Donald, like they knew they were going to do regardless of the testimony. That way it can go to the Senate & be defeated immediately, then maybe they can get back to..........Oh Wait!.........they weren't doing a damned thing that was in the nations best interests anyway.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
If your attention waned on the final day, perhaps the most substantive testimony of the "IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY!" occurred:

“I understand when you were 11-years-old there was a school boy that set your pig tails on fire. And you were taking a test. You turned around and with your hands snuffed out the fire and then proceeded to finish your test,” Speier said. “Is that a true story?”
Hill responded that “it is a true story”

Wth? That idiot really asked Hill that?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
From CTH

House is now in recess for Thanksgiving holiday.

House returns 3 Dec and recesses again for Christmas on 12 Dec.

CNN reports DEMs say they have enough to move on impeachment. Vote likely by mid-Dec

I really think the DEMs have made a profound mistake. They will vote to impeach, and we will have an opportunity to show they have nothing (once again) to take out Donald Trump.

The spotlight on Ukraine could take down Joe Biden.

This could all help Donald Trump and hurt DEMs in the House and Senate.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
I have to believe he must be close to unloading on Barr.
I have no idea why you would think such a thing. You couldn't possibly be more wrong. You are absolutely wrong.
It might just be my own frustration that nothing happens-- surge after surge of expectation, and nothing happens. If I am wrong about Barr, I will be very happy about it.
This is how different William Barr is from Jeff 'Milquetoast' Sessions.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Bill Barr's speech to the Federalist Society showed the kind of metal this man is made from.I was thinking he would be a damn fine candidate for President after President Trump.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
"Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy posted a letter signed by the House Intelligence Oversight Committee to Pencil Neck Adam Schiff.

In his letter Rep. McCarthy cites House Rule XI, Cause 2(j)(1) The Minority Rule on calling witnesses. This rule allows the Minority to call any witnesses they want on at least one day of a congressional hearing, upon notifying the Committee chairman, which the Republicans did this morning.

Here is a copy of the letter.

According to the rule Democrats must allow Republicans at least one day to call any witnesses they want for at least one day of testimony." LINK

Note: The rule says that the witnesses are to be of the minority's own choosing.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
I hope that means they will bring the leaker/liar in....I would actually tune in to see that.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
When's that supposed to happen? The House Intelligence committee hearings on impeachment are over. Right?

Why didn't they drop that bomb during the hearings?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
As to the addressee of McCarthy's letter...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why didn't they drop that bomb during the hearings?

The DEMs are on a tight schedule to get impeachment done in Dec.

Maybe the delay was intentional. This would mean the DEMs would have to continue gathering testimony when they come back in Dec.

McCarthy just said he is not sure they have the votes. Wouldn't that be awesome.

Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Ah, I see. So this "Impeachment inquiry" is still ongoing. And as I understand it, the judiciary Committee may still have hearings? (Jim Jordan is also a member of that committee by the way; I love that they added him to the intelligence committee for these hearings).

So there's obviously still an opportunity to bring witnesses forward. Got it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

posted Hide Post
The WashPost has an article, but I doubt any of the major TV networks will mention this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com...cc8dd1ebc_story.html

Trump makes unscheduled visit to Dover to receive remains of two fallen soldiers

By Toluse Olorunnipa
November 21, 2019 at 7:07 p.m. CST

President Trump made an unannounced visit to Dover Air Force Base in Delaware Thursday to receive the remains of two soldiers killed in Afghanistan.

David Knadle and Kirk Fuchigami Jr., who each held the rank of chief warrant officer 2, were killed Wednesday in a helicopter crash, the Pentagon announced Thursday.

Knadle, 33, was from Tarrant, Tex. Fuchigami, 25, was from Keaau, Hawaii. The two Apache helicopter pilots were providing security for troops on the ground when their helicopter crashed, according to the Defense Department.

Both men are Bronze Star recipients and both deployed to Afghanistan in October.

The Defense Department is reviewing the circumstances surrounding the crash.

Trump traveled to Dover with first lady Melania Trump; Army Gen. Mark A. Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff; and White House aides. After meeting with the families of the fallen soldiers, Trump stood silently and saluted as the men’s remains were carried by a group of service members and transferred into a waiting van.

The actor Jon Voight, who Trump awarded the National Medal of the Arts on Thursday, also attended the dignified transfer ceremony.

Voight told reporters he did not meet with family members of the fallen soldiers. He said Trump invited him to attend the ceremony.

The president previously visited Dover in January to pay tribute to four Americans killed in a suicide bomb attack in Syria. In 2017, he traveled to the air base to receive the remains of Chief Special Warfare Operator William “Ryan” Owens, a Navy SEAL who was killed during a counterterrorism operation in Yemen.

In recent months, Trump has depicted emotional scenes of grieving families at Dover as he has defended his decision to pull American troops out of northeast Syria.

They “scream, like I’ve never seen anything before,” he recounted last month. “They’ll break through military barriers. They’ll run to the coffin and jump on top of the coffin. Crying mothers and wives. Crying desperately.”

On the campaign trail, the president has repeatedly said he wants to bring troops home from the Middle East.

Trump’s visit to Dover comes as he has been at odds with some in the military over his decision to intervene on the behalf of three U.S. service members accused of war crimes, issuing full pardons in two of the cases. Trump issued the pardons over the objections of some military officials.

On Thursday, Trump intervened again, saying in a tweet that he will not allow one of the service members to be ejected from the Navy SEALs.

“The Navy will NOT be taking away Warfighter and Navy Seal Edward Gallagher’s Trident Pin,” the president wrote. “This case was handled very badly from the beginning. Get back to business!”

Dan Lamothe and Josh Dawsey contributed to this report.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
From the Babylon Bee Smile

quote:
WASHINGTON, D.C.—The exciting new TV show Impeachment Inquiry was poised to take the ratings by storm, promising to eclipse all the other shows in its time slot. But the show will be canceled after one season, like a lot of bad TV shows and also Firefly.

After just five rocky episodes that failed to deliver any major plot twists, producers pulled the plug on the impeachment inquiry due to lack of viewers.

"The showrunners promised all these big bombshells, shocking twists, and startling revelations, but they weren't able to deliver," said one reviewer writing in Hollywood Reporter.

https://babylonbee.com/news/im...s-due-to-low-ratings

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
House is now in recess for Thanksgiving holiday.

Good lets them go home and gauge their constituents mood on impeachment.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13400 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:

Good lets them go home and gauge their constituents mood on impeachment.

Some (many?) of the Demokrats don't care what their constituents think.

Two Dems voted against starting the hearings. There are 25-30 new (in 2018) congressmen in seats where Trump won their districts, it'll be interseting to see how they vote on impeachment.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
CNN reports DEMs say they have enough to move on impeachment. Vote likely by mid-Dec.

I really think the DEMs have made a profound mistake. They will vote to impeach, and we will have an opportunity to show they have nothing (once again) to take out Donald Trump.
The spotlight on Ukraine could take down Joe Biden.
This could all help Donald Trump and hurt DEMs in the House and Senate.

There are a lot of Dems. who know Joe Biden is damaged goods and won't be elected anyway.
I think Pelosi wants a vote on impeachment, but she hedged a bit yesterday. She's smart enough to not call for a vote if she thinks she will lose it. It all depends on how many Dems. decide to defect by mid-December.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Just to show you what a shitbag Obama-loving partisan Marie Yovanovitch was, I heard President Trump live this morning telling Fox & Friends that she REFUSED to hang his portrait in the American embassy in Ukraine. Isn't that SOP to update the sitting POTUS portrait in every government building and office?

Apparently she finally did it after a year and a half or so.
Roll Eyes

Trump says envoy Marie Yovanovitch refused to hang his photo

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I swear to God, I don't know why every single one of these Obama holdovers wasn't shit canned on day one. Well, I do know why, but, man...that should've been a top priority replacing these people. There's just so many of them.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)