SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Just PCS him to the Pentagon, Full Dress Uniform required, and give him a windowless office ...

Perfect. Or put him in the basement with a can of cockroach spray:

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
But in a 2015 Washington Post op-ed, Hill argued against giving Ukraine any lethal weapons .

Yep. Mark Levin was pointing out yesterday how the Obama administration didn't give Ukraine shit, NOTHING, in military aid even as Russia was invading them! Yet the Democrats act aghast when Trump discusses or allegedly discusses holding back aid until they get their act together? Roll Eyes

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
I have to believe he must be close to unloading on Barr.
I have no idea why you would think such a thing. You couldn't possibly be more wrong. You are absolutely wrong.

It might just be my own frustration that nothing happens-- surge after surge of expectation, and nothing happens. If I am wrong about Barr, I will be very happy about it. Thrilled, actually. (No sarcasm there, I mean that.)

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
from Jeff Carlson
https://twitter.com/themarketswork?lang=en

impeachment testimony of Fiona Hill

From Fiona Hill's October 14, 2019 Deposition:

JORDAN: Doctor, tell me about your relationship with Christopher Steele.

DR. HILL: He was my counterpart when I was the director, the national intelligence officer.
So inevitably, when I had to do liaison meetings with the U. K., he [Steele] was the person I had to meet with.

JORDAN: And so you had a working relationship with him for how long?

DR. HILL: For the whole period that I was national intelligence officer, so that would be from 2005 to the end of 2009.

MR. J0RDAN: The story on you says that you spoke with him in 2016. So can you tell me about that conversation?

DR. HILL: That was prior to the time that I had any knowledge about the dossier.

He [Steele] was constantly trying to drum up business, and he had contacted me because he wanted to see if I could give him a contact to some other individual, who actually I don't even recall now, who he could approach about some business issues.

MR. ZELDIN: Are you aware of her [Victoria Nuland] directing anyone at State to talk to Christopher Steele during her tenure as Assistant Secretary?

DR. HILL: I was aware from the exchanges that she asked Kathy Kavalec to talk to him...
after we had this discussion already, when I suppose Christopher SteeIe had asked to talk to her, and she asked Kathy Kavalec to talk to him instead.

MR. ZELDIN: In your opinion, would that be proper?

DR. HILL: I wouldn't have talked to him in that position, but whether it's proper or not, I think, is a judgment for Assistant Secretary Nuland and others.

MR. ZELDIN: This was in the midst of the 2016 election, correct?

DR. HILL: I believe that's the case. I mean, I read about this later, and Kathy Kavalec told me that she'd been instructed to go and talk to him.
What the Russians do, again, is they get information that's not just plausible but often is factual . That's the way that they operate with a story. And then they will sprinkle into that disinformation .

classic

MR. JORDAN (response): Fair enough. But the fact that the dossier was used to go after the individual who won the election, now President, seems to me to be example number one.

DR. HILL: Well, it was done before he was elected as President.
But I think it's also - there are two examples. Also, what the Russians did to target Secretary Clinton.

MR. JORDAN: Thank you.

MR. ZELDIN: Do you believe that it was appropriate for the Clinton campaign and the DNC to hire Christopher Steele to create the dossier against the Trump campaign?

DR. HILL: As I understand, they didn't hire him directly.

what a diversion

I don't have any personal knowledge about how he was hired . I don't know that he was hired directly by the DNC. Was he?

same claim of ignorance by Comey and Mueller. Perkins Coie put out a letter explaining how they funded Steele

ZELDIN: Well, they hired a law firm. Fusion GPS. It was through an intermediary, but the money originated from the Clinton campaign and DNC.

Note: Zeldin's wording is a bit awkward in above section.

DNC law firm Perkins Coie hired Fusion GPS.

ZELDIN: Funding aside, do you think it is appropriate for Christopher Steele to have been hired as a foreign spy to be collecting information from foreign governments to gain an advantage against the Trump campaign?

HILL (response) : Well, he's a former foreign spy. But, nonetheless, a foreign national. I don't believe it's appropriate for him to have been hired to do this. And, again, I think I already expressed my shock and surprise when I learned that he had been involved in this.

Earlier in testimony (p. 179):

J0RDAN: So information that Christopher Steele was played by the Russians, that information was used, as you well know, by our Justice Department, specifically our FBI, as part of the basis for securing a warrant to spy on an American citizen.

HILL (response): I think it's already come out that that wasn't exactly the case, that the dossier was basically out there when those investigations had already taken place.

JORDAN: Well, that's not accurate. It was part of what was taken...

HILL (response): Well, some of the information was that it had come through other ways. But, look, I don't want to also get into, again, a discussion that could go down a classified avenue...

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Note to media. Wondering why no one cares what you think about the latest impeachment attempt?

Posts: 13264 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Just PCS him to the Pentagon, Full Dress Uniform required, and give him a windowless office ...

Perfect. Or put him in the basement with a can of cockroach spray:
Storage B is another viable option.

Also, no newspapers, no magazines, no books. Just mindless TSP reports for 12 hours a day.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Jesus, Mary and Fredo Roll Eyes

CNN’s Chris Cuomo mocked after attempt to disprove Trump’s phone theory with call to mom fails

You freakin' ASS CLOWN!

"Fredo, don't you think we should test your theory before trying it on live TV?"

Posts: 107608 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Har Har Fredo does it again!

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Wow. Yeah, that's definitely a Marcia Clark moment. Jackass.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Bringin' da pain...

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Bringin' da pain...

She's got a bad case of Resting Impeachment Face.

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
but, but, but...isn’t Dr. Hill (2019 version) the latest feminist super hero?!?

Posts: 13264 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It ain't rocket surgery, boys and girls. Nobody knew anything about the nothing that never happened. Schiffhead and his corrupt, Trump-hating allies can wish for it all they want, but there's simply nothing there.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
The Democrats should feel fortunate that there is damn near nobody watching this debacle because Rep Stefanik just ate the Democrats, breakfast, lunch and dinner.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Where's the picture of Trump holding an impeachment sign from a fishing pole three feet out of Schiff's reach?

"Ooo, you almost got it. Come on, try again."

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Wow. Yeah, that's definitely a Marcia Clark moment. Jackass.

If Dems are full of sh--,
you must acquit!

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
The Democrats should feel fortunate that there is damn near nobody watching this debacle because Rep Stefanik just ate the Democrats, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
When we take back the House, maybe she should be Speaker?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I wish more of our NY politicians were like Rep Stefanik.

Posts: 3455 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
If Dems are full of sh--,
you must acquit!

Poetic. Big Grin

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Using common sense, the truth & a simple yellow legal pad & most likely a .10 cent Bic pen, Miss Elsie cut to the chase. Now, that’s good old American ingenuity! Thank you ma’am!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post