SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
He got to where he is by pushing back and I trust his gut on this one too. Sadly, there are people living with their heads in the sand in our country. They pride themselves on being "swing voters" and want to hear both sides. They are the same idiots we see after every debate saying they are waiting to decide.

If they make this go away quickly, without a trial, it is a mistake in my opinion. Democrats will run around boasting they called "witnesses" and had a fair process, while the GOP swept it under the rug to hide guilt, and the media will support them endlessly.

It is ludicrous, rational people don't understand, but that is the 3% of the voting block that decide most elections. Para has better political instincts than me, so I could very well be wrong.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
They are the same idiots we see after every debate saying they are waiting to decide.

Outside of this forum and a few close friends, I don't tell anyone how I vote. If, and when asked, I actually have responded "Well, I'm not sure" even when my mind is made up. Don't confuse playing your cards close to your chest with being an idiot.

I think you may be assuming too much, especially in your first paragraph. Wanting to mind your own business and be left well alone should also not be confused with burying your head in the sand. That's an assumption leftists make about the way a lot of us on this end of the spectrum deal with stuff. It's the desire to stave off a nasty confrontation and not simply uncork the bottle and let the genie out.

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Hank "Guam might tip over" Johnson is in favor of impeaching Trump because.....He's tall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...daI&feature=youtu.be

What in the fresh Hell is going on with his throat there? I'm not banging on his appearance, I'm genuinely bewildered and distracted. It that a wad of toilet paper from a shaving cut, or did he miss an entire patch of gobbler beard there?

Is it a bandage? Probably from repeated jabs with a fork because he’s too dumb to find his mouth.

He has Vitiligo, which is a skin condition that causes random loss of pigmentation in various patches around the body, resulting in blotches of lighter-colored skin.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The policy is very clear, guys. Cut out the juvenile remarks about personal appearance. Not another word about it. All of you know better than this.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The policy is very clear, guys. Cut out the juvenile remarks about personal appearance. Not another word about it. All of you know better than this.

My apologies. This was not my intent.

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
During the call he asked the foreign leader to investigate Biden and his son Hunter.
No, he did NOT. The Bidens were not even mentioned in that phone call. You've been listening to the Leftist fake news too much.

flashguy

quote:
Originally said by Donald Trump:

The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it... It sounds horrible to me.

Posts: 11 | Location: Foothills of SLC | Registered: November 10, 2019Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure at this juncture, we the citizens are along for the ride. Neither republican, democrat, or Trump are going to poll the citizens for direction.

Trump did say bring it, but was it to give the democrats pause or to encourage them forward?
I lean towards pause due to the fact no president desires impeached by their picture in the history books.
Pelosi is old enough she may not give a damn and desires to stain Trump out of spite. Who the heck knows.
Chief Justice Roberts could be a wild card at trial.
Lindsey is five years into a six year term, during the Kavanaugh hearing, did his backbone get a growth spurt due to reelection?
Etc. Etc.

The impeachment sham did display the deep state to those watching. I have wondered about the lack of innate ability to perform by some elected to congress. Whether through gerrymandering or fate there appears to be members of congress propped up by their staff. We listened to the Leftenant Colonel, ambassador, and others display for all to see, they believe in their right to direct the lackeys, citizens voted into office. One could see how that mindset might arise while listening to some elected to congress.

That attitude is wrong though and needs corrected.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Mitch McConnell on impeachment:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1205311801212190727

The comments are hilarious. These twits have absolutely zero clue as to the difference between coordinating how the proceedings are conducted and the actual proceedings

Idiots.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I inserted the red allegedly so no one will get triggered. Razz

'You don't know that': Kellyanne Conway teases press on possible White House meeting for Zelensky

https://www.washingtonexaminer...meeting-for-zelensky

White House adviser Kellyanne Conway told reporters they "don't know" whether Ukraine president Volodymyr Zelensky has been invited to the White House, leaving the door open to an explosive meeting as Democrats impeach Trump in part for withholding a visit.

Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee approved articles of impeachment Friday against Trump for (allegedly) withholding about $400 million in military aid in what they say was a "scheme" to force Zelensky to investigate Democrats, including former Vice President Joe Biden.

Conway told reporters with a smile, hours after the committee vote: "You don't know that. You don't know that he hasn't been invited. You don't know that he hasn't been invited."

A group of journalists in the White House briefing room responded in near unison, "Has he?"

Conway did not answer directly but said: "I know that President Zelensky was very happy to have a meeting with President Trump up at UNGA for the whole world to see. That was September. That was two and a half months ago."

Zelensky has sought a White House meeting since taking office in May. He has been rebuffed on a request for a specific date, most recently during the United Nations General Assembly meeting with Trump. He sought a specific date during a gaggle with reporters, but Trump avoided giving one.

"I think you forgot to tell me the date," Zelensky said to Trump in New York. "They'll tell you the date," Trump said, motioning to reporters.

Conway combatively engaged reporters on Friday afternoon, suggesting Democrats were wasting time impeaching Trump instead of focusing on legislation to outlaw analogs of the synthetic opioid fentanyl.

"I give a shit about people dying from drug overdoses while they're trying to impeach the president," Conway said.

Belittling former Vice President Joe Biden's candidacy, she said: "He doesn't even know what state he's in, except a catatonic state."

Posts: 12684 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Mitch McConnell on impeachment:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1205311801212190727

The comments are hilarious. These twits have absolutely zero clue as to the difference between coordinating how the proceedings are conducted and the actual proceedings

Idiots.

Indeed, that was a great read.

I also 'read' that there are a lot of misinformed tweeters. Therein is the problem.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Report This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
I inserted the red allegedly so no one will get triggered. Razz

'You don't know that': Kellyanne Conway teases press on possible White House meeting for Zelensky

https://www.washingtonexaminer...meeting-for-zelensky

White House adviser Kellyanne Conway told reporters they "don't know" whether Ukraine president Volodymyr Zelensky has been invited to the White House, leaving the door open to an explosive meeting as Democrats impeach Trump in part for withholding a visit.

Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee approved articles of impeachment Friday against Trump for (allegedly) withholding about $400 million in military aid in what they say was a "scheme" to force Zelensky to investigate Democrats, including former Vice President Joe Biden.

Conway told reporters with a smile, hours after the committee vote: "You don't know that. You don't know that he hasn't been invited. You don't know that he hasn't been invited."

A group of journalists in the White House briefing room responded in near unison, "Has he?"

Conway did not answer directly but said: "I know that President Zelensky was very happy to have a meeting with President Trump up at UNGA for the whole world to see. That was September. That was two and a half months ago."

Zelensky has sought a White House meeting since taking office in May. He has been rebuffed on a request for a specific date, most recently during the United Nations General Assembly meeting with Trump. He sought a specific date during a gaggle with reporters, but Trump avoided giving one.

"I think you forgot to tell me the date," Zelensky said to Trump in New York. "They'll tell you the date," Trump said, motioning to reporters.

Conway combatively engaged reporters on Friday afternoon, suggesting Democrats were wasting time impeaching Trump instead of focusing on legislation to outlaw analogs of the synthetic opioid fentanyl.

"I give a shit about people dying from drug overdoses while they're trying to impeach the president," Conway said.

Belittling former Vice President Joe Biden's candidacy, she said: "He doesn't even know what state he's in, except a catatonic state."
The lady is pretty sharp.. Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Kellyanne Conway is not somebody I would ever choose to tangle with. That's a woman who has her wits about her and is willing and capable of shredding all oncomers. I'm glad she's employed in her current role.

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“The U.S. Supreme Court on Friday agreed to hear President Donald Trump's appeals in three separate cases to prevent his financial records, including tax returns, being handed over to Democratic-led House of Representatives committees and a New York prosecutor…”

https://mol.im/a/7790939

So the Dems can’t get President Trump’s financial records until Jun 2020, the hearing date, at the earliest, and maybe never. Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8957 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eric.Stober.SLC:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
During the call he asked the foreign leader to investigate Biden and his son Hunter.
No, he did NOT. The Bidens were not even mentioned in that phone call. You've been listening to the Leftist fake news too much.

flashguy

quote:
Originally said by Donald Trump:

The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it... It sounds horrible to me.
I apologize. I just re-read the transcript, and that comment is in it. I was wrong.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by springnr:
I'm pretty sure at this juncture, we the citizens are along for the ride. Neither republican, democrat, or Trump are going to poll the citizens for direction.

True that. No sense worrying about what we want to happen, think should happen, or whatever. Que sera, sera. What will be will be.
quote:
Trump did say bring it, but was it to give the democrats pause or to encourage them forward?
I lean towards pause due to the fact no president desires impeached by their picture in the history books.

I’ve given up trying to figure out his thought process. It may just be that like Para said he’s a scrapper and he’s looking for a fight. He may be confident that he can absolutely crush them and think that is the best service he can do for the American people. He may be hoping to back them off. Who knows?

I just hope however it all rolls out, it is pessimal for the GDCs and the deep state scum and optimal for our President and the American people.

We’re living that ancient Chinese curse - “May you live in interesting times.”

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
To be sure, President Trump does not want to be impeached. I have no doubt. However, what he won't do is beg the dems not to go through with it. Quite the opposite. He'll antagonize them because yes indeed he's a scrapper. I doubt there was a fight he ever backed away from.

But no, he does not wish for this. I imagine nothing would please him more than to have the final vote fail in the House.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
Impeachment obliterates tinges of comity in House
BY MIKE LILLIS - 12/13/19 06:29 PM EST

THE HILL > https://thehill.com/homenews/a...s-of-comity-in-house

........"The tensions, while partly theatrical, highlight the increasing estrangement of the parties in the age of Trump — a dynamic only exacerbated by the fast-rolling impeachment inquiry that's captivated the country over the last three months and complicates efforts for bipartisan cooperation on any legislative initiatives heading into an election year.

The facts underlying the debate are hardly in dispute. Trump had pressed Ukraine's president to open two investigations that might have helped him politically — one into the son of former Vice President Joe Biden, a 2020 presidential hopeful; and another into 2016 election meddling — even as the administration was withholding $391 million in U.S. aid to Kyiv.

What remains hotly contested is whether that conduct represented a brazen abuse of power, as Democrats maintain; or a routine effort to combat corruption — and protect U.S. taxpayer dollars — in a country infamous for profiteering, as Republicans contend.

Those opposing narratives defined the three-day markup of the two impeachment articles, now scheduled to hit the House floor next Wednesday. And Democrats quickly praised the development, saying the effort to remove Trump from office is an unfortunate but necessary step for protecting the nation's very democracy from a president who sought foreign help to sway an election."...........
===================================
Had to look this up. Yes it is a real word:
comite> https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/comity

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
While Trump may not want impeachment, he is a business man and knows that even in a "deal going bad", there is opportunity to steer things your way for the next step in the "deal", or the next "deal".

This is an advantage and opportunity for "We the People..." to see, by Trump's bravely pulling back of the curtain, both sides of the leadership, and whom we should "tag and release", come the harvest, we will have good idea of what vermin to remove from the Chambers.

Have no fear, but believe in whom you chose.
Look at Trump's life history and how many times he has shown weakness and lack of courage.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
OAN News Is currently and starting again at 8 Eastern a three part series. About the Ukrainian witnesses that were barred from and destroy “Shitts”” impeachment case.way to much to share, you need to watch.

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Report This Post