SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
I wonder if the Dems realize that Taylor actually exonerated the President in his testimony yesterday? I wonder if Taylor even realizes it?

Could you explain this perspective? I’ve been out of the loop.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I just checked both CNN and MSNBC sites and neither are shouting about "SHOCKING BOMBSHELLS!" today so it looks to me like this Shifty Shithead Schiff Show is yet another dud for them.

Whoops! Back to the drawing board for the next thing the stupid Democrats will try to "get" Trump with. Roll Eyes

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Babylon Bee (Satire):

Capitol Building To Be Decorated As Giant Circus Tent For Duration Of Impeachment Hearings
November 13th, 2019

WASHINGTON, D.C.—In honor of the impeachment hearings beginning this week, the Capitol Building has been decorated to look like a giant circus tent.

As soon as congressional maintenance staff heard that the impeachment hearings were going to begin, they went into storage and got out "the Big Top," also used during the Kavanaugh hearings last year.

"We keep the Big Top on hand for certain situations," said one staff member. "Usually these big inquisition-style trials, that kind of thing. They're great entertainment. And the kids love the monkeys."

Congressional vendors will be selling peanuts, popcorn, programs, and those big foam fingers to enhance viewers' experience.

Rep. Adam Schiff was furious with the changes, saying they make a mockery out of a serious show trial.

"These are serious proceedings, and we will not have them mocked!" Schiff cried, wearing a clown nose, riding an elephant, and juggling fourteen flaming bowling pins. "The American public needs to know how super serious we are about this."

"And now for my last stunt, I will create evidence for impeachment out of thin air!"

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Looks like KFC. Where da Colonel?

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I didn't see Pelosi today but I heard her address on the radio while driving. She's painfully hard for me to listen to. Her speech patterns just seem so disjointed.
At least she's "prayerful" about the impeachment farce.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
I didn't see Pelosi today but I heard her address on the radio while driving. She's painfully hard for me to listen to. Her speech patterns just seem so disjointed.

She was noticeably more animated than usual. Much more hand waving and gestures than usual and sputtering speech. I think she's starting to lose it. Really.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8531 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Ok, so now that these evil fucks got bitch slapped a bit, what happens next?

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Pelosi on impeachment :

"Perhaps you have not heard me when I have said this is something we do with a heavy heart,"

"This is very prayerful."

"Because impeachment is a very divisive thing," she continued. "It's hard."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

especially "hard" when it is the Jerry Seinfeld impeachment about nothing

CTH reports Pelosi and Schiff hiring more Lawfare lawyers

In 2018 Chairman Adam Schiff hired former SDNY U.S. Attorney Daniel Goldman

Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler hired Obama Administration lawyer Norm Eisen and criminal defense attorney Barry Berke

After Goldman, Eisen and Berke were brought on board Speaker Nancy Pelosi then hired Douglas Letter as House General Counsel – all are within the Lawfare network.

This move -to allow House Counsel to bring on additional legal assistance for the impeachment effort- means Doug Letter will be able to hire more lawyers.

Many people surmised that Pelosi and Schiff moved to utilize the Ukraine/NSC impeachment angle *after* the Mueller angle for impeachment ran into trouble. However, CTH research doesn’t reflect the Whistle-blower impeachment plan as an ‘add-on’.

Instead, what we see is the use of the HPSCI; and the use of embeds within National Security Council staff; by design. The Schiff events of today were always part of a prior planned design.

https://theconservativetreehou...-effort/#more-176092

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

That annoys the hell out of me.
Tucker was talking to a Rep. last night about her attempt to wear her religion. It's hypocrisy.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24108 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Pelosi was definitely more animated than usual, as though she was in a panic but trying to keep it under contorl. IMO, she knows the impeachment is falling on it's face and the Dems are looking like crooks. However she has to keep the act up, or even the Dem true believers will realize it is a hoax. I look forward to the Horowitz report and the 2020 elections.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
quote:
I wonder if the Dems realize that Taylor actually exonerated the President in his testimony yesterday? I wonder if Taylor even realizes it?

The bigger question is do the Democrats care, or will they just proceed blindly forward?
That's not a question--it's a given! Of course they will blindly push the issue, it's all they've got.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Marie Yovanovitch will testify Friday in the impeachment hearings. She was recalled by President Trump when she was Ambassador to Ukraine. John Solomon talks about her meddling in Ukraine's internal affairs and the role the State Department took in in protecting individuals who were being investigated by Ukrainian prosecutors.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Marie Yovanovitch will testify Friday in the impeachment hearings. She was recalled by President Trump when she was Ambassador to Ukraine. John Solomon talks about her meddling in Ukraine's internal affairs and the role the State Department took in in protecting individuals who were being investigated by Ukrainian prosecutors.

My father was a career diplomat and served as a U.S. Ambassador under President Nixon. I have some experience with "how things work."

• Ambassadors serve at the pleasure of the president. Who, by the way, IS THE DIRECTOR OF U.S. FOREIGN POLICY.
  • When a new president is sworn in, it is customary for EVERY ambassador to tender his or her resignation. The president can choose to accept this resignation. Or not.
  • Similarly, the president can recall and replace an ambassador at will. It is the president's prerogative.
  • An ambassador is the highest-ranking U.S. official in the country to which he is posted. Only the president ranks higher.
  • Not all ambassadors are careerists. There are political appointees, who are usually large donors to the president's campaign. They get posted to the posh-but-not-risky capitols. London is usually a political appointee, Moscow is usually a careerist.
  • Ambassadors' behavior in host countries is dictated by the Geneva Convention. This is where "diplomatic immunity" comes from. It's also where interfering in other countries' affairs is PROHIBITED.
  • Yovanovitch was called out by Ukranian officials for a speech she made which was taken as "interfering." Alone, it would be reason to recall and dismiss her.
  • She is an Obama appointee, and as such will be considered "royalty" at the inquisition. Her behaviors will be overlooked.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
quote:

Taylor had 3 official high-level meetings with a top official in the Ukraine(maybe the Ukranian President, I cannot recall for sure) after Trump's phone call. In each of the 3 diplomatic meetings, Taylor confirmed that no mention was made of a request to investigate Biden, nor was there any discussion of a withholding of funds for a quid pro quo or otherwise.

Posts: 8621 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Maybe the “tick-tok” snooze alarm is finally going to ring...

IT’S HAPPENING… BREAKING: President Trump Meets with AG Bill Barr in Oval Office – Then Delays Departure and Calls in Top Aides and Communication Team

President Trump delayed his departure and sat down with Communications Director Stephanie Grisham, Hogan Gidley, Mulvaney and others.

President Trump called in Acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney and White House Counsel Pat Cipollone.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...-communication-team/

“Small Group” Complains IG Horowitz is Not Permitting Written Rebuttals During Principal Review Phase…
Posted on November 14, 2019 by sundance
The usurping group of FBI and DOJ officials we have called “the small group” have an established set of media operatives and outlets aligned to assist their narrative. Tonight Devlin Barrett (Lisa Page and Peter Strzok’s favorite narrative engineer) publishes a report in the Washington Post highlighting their concerns.

According to the WaPo Inspector General Michael Horowitz is not allowing the ‘small group’ to provide written rebuttals to the IG report on FISA abuse during their principal reviews. The outline by Devlin on behalf of the group also confirms our timeline.

(Via Washington Post) The Justice Department Inspector General’s office has told witnesses who are set to review draft sections of its long-awaited report on the FBI investigation of President Trump’s 2016 campaign that they will not be allowed to submit written feedback — one in a series of unusual restrictions that some fear could make the final document less accurate, people familiar with the matter said.

As is the case in most inspector general probes, witnesses are being invited to review draft sections of the report and offer comments and corrections, the people said. But — unlike most cases — they are being told those comments must be conveyed only verbally, the people said.

Nothing in that series of paragraphs is unusual.

The principal review phase under IG Horowitz generally lasts two weeks, ten business days. Each principal only is allowed to see the segments that pertain to their specifics. Each principal may provide feedback to how the report outlines their activity. The IG may, or may not (not required), include comments from the principal in the final report. If principal comment is included the IG will generally present rebuttal evidence.

In all draft reviews the principals are required to sign non-disclosure agreements; this prevents leaks. Nothing about this is extraordinary. However, in this example it appears Horowitz is trying to speed up the release by not waiting for the legions of lawyers to submit written responses for consideration. Instead Horowitz is recording any commentary and will transcribe into the final report if he feels it warrants inclusion.

Again, other than oral comments (to be transcribed), as opposed to written responses from the lawyers, nothing about this is unusual. This is the standard process.

[…] Witnesses, they said, are being asked to review their sections in a secure area, after signing nondisclosure agreements, according to people familiar with the matter.

The witnesses have also been told they will not be allowed to remove any notes they make about the document, the people said.

The moves have left some witnesses concerned their objections might not be recorded precisely and incorporated into the inspector general’s findings, the people said.

The witnesses, they said, are also concerned that the process gives the inspector general complete control in characterizing any comments witnesses make — and leaves witnesses with no ability to create a paper trail that might help them show their words were captured inaccurately.

The people spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the political and legal sensitivity of the matter. A spokeswoman for the inspector general declined to comment. (read full article)

Considering the number of lawyers involved this decision by Horowitz makes sense.

There is likely to be a flood of spin from the PR teams behind each principal outlined in the report. Lawyers for James Comey and Andrew McCabe will be using every angle of Lawfare imaginable to attempt to shape their clients image within the report.

Lawyers, Lawfare legal teams, and DC-based PR consultants for Sally Yates, John Carlin, Mary McCord, Peter Strzok, Lisa Page, Hillary Clinton, James Baker, Michael Kortan, Rod Rosenstein, Robert Mueller, Andrew Weissmann, Chris Steele, Glen Simpson, Nellie Ohr, Bruce Ohr, John Brennan, James Clapper and many more will all be working at courtroom rates to control any report damage for their clients.

The Obama administration will be working in the background, while Fusion-GPS takes in fees and pays their primary journalists and narrative engineers premium rates for column inches that protect their client interests. This is one big confab of interests all positioning to control any negative impressions and highlight their magnanimous patriotic activity.

The timing is exactly as we suspected, ten business days for principal review ending next Friday November 21st (week prior to Thanksgiving).

This gives the inspector general a few days to tidy up the added comments, pass the rebuttals through the final IG referencer check, and then release a public report. Likely that release would be the week after Thanksgiving, though it could possibly be released as early as Thanksgiving week.

The executive summary is almost guaranteed to have been written already. Perhaps the executive summary was part of AG Bill Barr’s briefing in the White House today along with the discussions of Chinese (5G) software and national security matters.

At the conclusion of Attorney General Bill Barr’s oval office meeting today with President Trump, the president held a session with the White House communications team prior to a late departure for the Louisiana rally.

https://theconservativetreehou...w-phase/#more-176129

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
from the Wash Post article referenced in the above post

https://www.washingtonpost.com...67891d39d_story.html

Conservatives have alleged that a medley of wrongdoing occurred during the investigation, which would eventually be taken over by special counsel Robert S. Mueller III, and they are likely to seize on any criticism that Horowitz directs at those involved in the probe. Some Trump supporters have referred to the investigation as an attempted “coup.”

"coup" is the applicable word w/o doubt

Democrats, meanwhile, are hopeful Horowitz will disprove various conspiracy theories that have been offered about the case and refute Trump’s assertion that Mueller’s probe was a “witch hunt” tainted by political bias against the president.

folks I think we are on the verge of things getting real

The report’s release is also likely to be a major credibility test for Barr, who has previously suggested impropriety on the part of the FBI.

you would have to be one blind bat not to see the FBI "impropriety" all over the Russia collusion investigation. aka "coup"

Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
quote:

Taylor had 3 official high-level meetings with a top official in the Ukraine(maybe the Ukranian President, I cannot recall for sure) after Trump's phone call. In each of the 3 diplomatic meetings, Taylor confirmed that no mention was made of a request to investigate Biden, nor was there any discussion of a withholding of funds for a quid pro quo or otherwise.

The three meetings were with President Zelensky.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Per Trump's Campaign Manager, Brad Parscale, there are some other records being broken.

America knows the scam going on with the democrats.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:

The three meetings were with President Zelensky.

Thanks for confirming.

Posts: 8621 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post