SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    US Embassy Alerts All Americans To Depart Afghanistan "Immediately" As More Provincial Capitals Fall
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 103
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

US Embassy Alerts All Americans To Depart Afghanistan "Immediately" As More Provincial Capitals Fall Login/Join 
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
82nd Airborne. They are supposed to be surrounded.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pentagon Admits Taliban Has Billions In US Weapons; Biden Has Yet To Speak To Any World Leaders Since Fall Of Kabul

https://www.zerohedge.com/mark...y-world-leaders-fall

If anyone was holding out hope that the Pentagon has some clue where all those billions in weapons that accumulated in Afghanistan over the past 20 years ended up, don't.

Responding to a reporter's question over the fate of billions of dollars of weaponry that the U.S. gave Afghanistan, National security adviser Jake Sullivan said that the Biden administration does not have "a complete picture", a euphemism for most of the weapons are lost, adding that a "fair amount" of the weapons that the US gave to Afghanistan are in the possession of the Taliban, and they don't expect they will be returned to the US.

"We don't have a complete picture, obviously, of where every article of defense materials has gone but certainly, a fair amount of it has fallen into the hands of the Taliban, and obviously, we don't have a sense that they are going to readily hand it over to us at the airport."

Perhaps more shocking was Sullivan's revelation that Biden - whose vacation was unceremoniously interrupted when the US embassy had to be evacuated on short notice when the Taliban took over - still hasn't spoken with any of his foreign counterparts since Kabul fell.

Sullivan said that in lieu of the president whose incoherent ramblings even when read off a teleprompter makes it virtually impossible to understand what Joe Biden is trying to say, other members of the administration were making calls abroad instead because the discussions were more logistical.

"He's not spoken with any other world leaders," Sullivan said, responding to a question from CNN's Kaitlan Collins.

And while Biden is eating ice cream or napping, other world leaders have spent the last several days on the telephone with allies. German Chancellor Angela Merkel, French President Emmanuel Macron and British Prime Minister Boris Johnson have all conferred with each other. Johnson, meanwhile, has proposed a virtual meeting of the G7.

But Biden has left the calls to foreign allies to those on his team.

"Myself, Secretary (of State Antony) Blinken, several other senior members of the team are engaged on a regular basis with foreign counterparts and we intend to do so in the coming days," Sullivan said.

"Right now, the main issue is an operational issue," he added. "It's about how we coordinate with them to help them get their people out and we are operating through logistic channels and policy channels to make that happen."

Which presumably absolves the most powerful man in the world of any responsibility as to the fate of Afghanistan.

Meanwhile, elsewhere White House press secretary Jen Psaki pushed back against criticism from members of President Biden’s own Democratic party on the rapid deterioration of security in Afghanistan, telling CNN’s Kaitlan Collins Tuesday that she would “note and reiterate to anyone who's a critic that any President has to make difficult choices as commander in chief.”

“It does not mean there aren't going to be impacts that are gut-wrenching, that are heart-wrenching, that we're all watching transpire over the last couple of days, but these are the difficult choices you have to make as commander in chief, and that's the choice he made,” Psaki added.

Psaki told Collins that the Biden administration, “did assess early on, when the President asked for a clear-eyed assessment that there would be impacts, and there would be consequences of making the choice he made,” but acknowledged, as President Biden did during remarks from the East Room Monday, “that this is happened more rapidly than we anticipated here, than anyone anticipated; I think that accounts for members of Congress and people who are on the ground in Afghanistan.”

In short, the people in charge of the world's most powerful question did not anticipate something that was blatantly obvious to the average Joe. The good news: the administration is fully on top of the biggest medical experiment in history, in which hundreds of millions of Americans are injected with an experiment genetic therapy (as BioNTech's 20-F statement admits), and nothing bad can happen there...

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/e...ntx-20f_20201231.htm

Currently, mRNA is considered a gene therapy product by the FDA. Unlike certain gene therapies that irreversibly alter cell DNA and may cause certain side effects, mRNA-based medicines are designed not to irreversibly change cell DNA. Side effects observed in other gene therapies, however, could negatively impact the perception of immunotherapies despite the differences in mechanism. In addition, the regulatory pathway in the United States and may other jurisdictions for approval is uncertain. The pathway for an individualized therapy, such as our iNeST mRNA-based immunotherapy where each patient receives a different combination of mRNAs, remains particularly unsettled. The number and design of the clinical and preclinical studies required for the approval of these types of medicines have not been established, may be different from those required for gene therapy products or therapies that are not individualized or may require safety testing like gene therapy products. Moreover, the length of time necessary to complete clinical trials and submit an application for marketing approval by a regulatory authority varies significantly from one pharmaceutical product to the next and may be difficult to predict.

Our product candidates may not work as intended, may cause undesirable side effects or may have other properties that could delay or prevent their regulatory approval, limit the commercial profile of an approved label, or result in significant negative consequences following marketing approval, if any.

As with most biological products, use of our product candidates could be associated with side effects or adverse events which can vary in severity from minor reactions to death and in frequency from infrequent to prevalent. The potential for adverse events is especially acute in the oncology setting, where patients may have advanced disease, have compromised immune and other systems and be receiving numerous other therapies. Undesirable side effects or unacceptable toxicities caused by our product candidates could cause us or regulatory authorities to interrupt, delay or halt clinical trials and could result in a more restrictive label or the delay or denial of regulatory approval by the FDA, the EMA or comparable regulatory authorities. Results of our trials could reveal a high and unacceptable severity and prevalence of side effects.

If unacceptable side effects arise in the development of our product candidates, we, the FDA, competent authorities of EU member states, ethics committees, the institutional review boards, or IRBs, at the institutions in which our studies are conducted, or the Data Safety Monitoring Board, or DSMB, could suspend or terminate our clinical trials. The FDA or comparable regulatory authorities could also order us to cease clinical trials or deny approval of our product candidates for any or all targeted indications. Treatment-related side effects could also affect patient recruitment or the ability of enrolled patients to complete any of our clinical trials or result in potential product liability claims. In addition, these side effects may not be appropriately recognized or managed by the treating medical staff. We expect to have to train medical personnel using our product candidates to understand the side effect profiles for our clinical trials and upon any commercialization of any of ur product candidates. Inadequate training in recognizing or managing the potential side effects of our product candidates could result in patient injury or death. Any of these occurrences may harm our business, financial condition and prospects significantly.

Posts: 12686 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jake Sullivan is a complete idiot and is one of the lead figures in this catastrophe. Remember his name.

The fact that Biden has yet to speak to any other world leaders, who's citizens are also stranded in Afghanistan, is more telling of what's (not) happening inside the White House.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biden and his staff are idiots and they just armed the enemy.

Posts: 7020 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
All looks right. Nothing will be done.

Posts: 99 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Jake Sullivan -

- hillary clinton's deputy chief of staff at the Department of State when she was Secretary of State

(I think he was intimately involved in the Clinton email disaster)

- senior policy advisor to Hillary Clinton's 2016 presidential election campaign

now - United States National Security Advisor to Biden

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...icans-are-evacuated/

The White House on Tuesday refused to commit American troops in Afghanistan until all Americans were evacuated after the Taliban seized control of the country.

White House National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan dismissed the question as a “hypothetical” when asked by CBS reporter Weijia Jiang whether the White House would commit to the military staying in Kabul until every American was evacuated

Psaki said that there were about 11,000 self-identified Americans in Afghanistan. The White House press team punted a question from Breitbart News about the total numbers of Americans in the country to the State Department.

When pressed by a follow-up question about evacuating Americans, Sullivan replied, “That’s what we’re doing right now. We have asked them all to come to the airport to get on flights and take them home. That’s what we intend to do.”

as far as I can tell, the only place in Afghanistan that we "control" is the airport at Kabul

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
^^^ What is a self-identified American?

Hint, if you are travelling internationally, and have a passport with a blue cover that says "USA" then you are an American. Otherwise you are not an American.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10928 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
History will examine our policies and choices. The eyes of the beholder will not be kind. The future will wonder what poisoned our water.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29704 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I fear this may have moved us one tick closer to President Harris.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5686 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
^^^ not to mention the lives which will likely be lost in the future.

And where the hell is Biden to address questions?

he hasn't even spoken to any other world leaders.

What is wrong with him, as a human being?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10928 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
^^^ not to mention the lives which will likely be lost in the future.

And where the hell is Biden to address questions?

he hasn't even spoken to any other world leaders.

What is wrong with him, as a human being?

He doesn't know how

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Many Afghanistan veterans will have a hard time with this debacle, as well as it has ripped open old wounds for Vietnam veterans.

In my circles it's definitely hitting hard. We're all trying to watch out for each other, and pay attention to not let anyone slip into the depression cracks right now. I also got an email from the VA today, they're really focusing on the OEF vets right now, so it MUST be hitting most in a very predictable way.

I think Lovell summed up many of our concerns quite well in this video:

Warrior Poet: What the Taliban Take Over Means (Youtube)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Bidet doesn't know what day it is, and in all likelihood he couldn't find Afghanistan on a map of Afghanistan

expecting him to response to something of which he is the cause is highly unlikely

Posts: 53188 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
it has ripped open old wounds for Vietnam veterans.

I was beginning to wonder if I was alone.

It’s somewhat odd because I have generally avoided thinking about past events like that which can’t be undone. Reading the Black April book that I mentioned earlier brought many things back and educated me about many others that I just felt and suspected. Again, though, I mostly compartmented it off even though my job there put me in direct touch with the people far more than the vast majority of Vietnam veterans, and therefore I believe my feelings toward them are different than most.

But now this.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Joe Biden has been wrong about every single foreign policy issue for the last 50 years." .. Robert Gates - former Sec of Defense under Bush and Obama.

Gates said this before Biden became President. Guess the demented idiot President Biden wants to keep his perfect record of being wrong. Why change just because he is President?

Posts: 1053 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:
"Joe Biden has been wrong about every single foreign policy issue for the last 50 years." .. Robert Gates - former Sec of Defense under Bush and Obama.

Gates said this before Biden became President. Guess the demented idiot President Biden wants to keep his perfect record of being wrong. Why change just because he is President?

Well, I suppose that's one thing he has over PRESIDENT Trump.

Biden is predictable.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
The Air Force revised their tweet about 800 people on a C-17. Am I the only one who sees an issue with evacuating 600 people with only 165 of which are Americans?

https://twitter.com/usairforce.../1427660956662960132

U.S. Air Force
@usairforce
·
9h
Nine C-17 Globemaster IIIs arrived in Kabul, Afghanistan recently delivering equipment and approximately 1000 troops. Seven flights departed, transporting approximately 600 passengers, 165 of which were American citizens.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11768 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:

I'm still waiting for people to let this sink in. We left the Taliban better armed than they were 20 years ago. If they were a threat then, they are 10x the threat now.

When it was clear the afghan military couldn't fight for themselves we should have blown up every asset we had there. They now have M4s, armored vehicles, small arms, etc. all provided by us. Thank goodness at least the planes and helicopters will be non functional in a couple years.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20827 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:

I'm still waiting for people to let this sink in. We left the Taliban better armed than they were 20 years ago. If they were a threat then, they are 10x the threat now.

When it was clear the afghan military couldn't fight for themselves we should have blown up every asset we had there. They now have M4s, armored vehicles, small arms, etc. all provided by us. Thank goodness at least the planes and helicopters will be non functional in a couple years.

We do the same thing every time. We leave a metric shit ton of guns, vehicles, etc to the enemy.

Posts: 7020 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post