SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Michael Avenatti arrested for alleged $20 million extortion attempt against Nike //
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Michael Avenatti arrested for alleged $20 million extortion attempt against Nike // Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
A 20 year sentence w/o parole would be fine w me
Personally, I'd be more than open to expanding capital punishment to cover these crimes.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
He had free will and chose to do this.

Did it to himself, he should reap the rewards.

Cry me a river that he's the butt end of jokes and ridicule.

He personally chose to throw his life away.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From what I gather, he still has to go to court to answer for the charges that Stormy brought against him. If found guilty(oh please) the sentence just grows longer!!

Posts: 6614 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I'd guess concurrent terms. I'd rather he be out on the streets with the other bums. Except he be scamming others.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.reuters.com/world/...m&utm_source=twitter

U.S. urges 'very substantial' prison term for Michael Avenatti over Nike extortion

U.S. District Judge Paul Gardephe is scheduled to sentence Avenatti on June 30 in Manhattan.

Probation officers recommend eight years in prison for Avenatti, and prosecutors said federal guidelines recommend more than 11 years.

Avenatti was convicted in February 2020.

He still faces two trials in California on charges he stole millions of dollars from clients and committed tax and bank fraud, and another trial in Manhattan for allegedly defrauding Daniels out of money from a book contract.

Avenatti has pleaded not guilty to all charges.

Posts: 19565 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
He's gonna end up being more experienced at anal than Stormy....

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

That's professional level experience. Maybe both as a giver and receiver. The Brits did some things better than we do them. One is having island prisons. There's an island down in Brazil they call Snake Island. Full of nasty snakes. I'd suggest we borrow it or buy it and try it out.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Yes, yes, but the important question is....will he bleach?

Seriously, I can't wait to see the crap he makes up about Trump now in order to get out of this.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
2.5 years

Posts: 6345 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Enjoy it cockroach.

Posts: 3144 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
So, does his CA trial happen while he's serving his NY sentence or do they wait until he's released early for good behavior, then let him out on bail while he stands trial again?

Posts: 3523 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And the MSM fawned all over this guy like he was the second coming who would take down Trump.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Michael Avenatti still proclaiming his innocence in latest trial

https://hotair.com/john-s-2/20...latest-trial-n403823

Avenatti is once again in court, this time in California where he is representing himself on charges that he stole money from a series of clients

In his opening statement on Wednesday, Avenatti was adamant that he went above and beyond for the handful of clients who will soon testify against him in Santa Ana.

“A few days ago, Mr. Sagel and Mr. [Alexander] Wyman introduced themselves to you, and they told you that they represented the United States of America,” Avenatti began. “Ladies and gentlemen, for over 20 years, I, too, have represented the United States of America, and I have done it one citizen at a time.

“No crime was committed by me, and I never intended to steal or defraud any client of any money at all. Not last week. Not last month. Not last year. Never. I have pled not guilty for one reason: because I am not guilty.” Avenatti thundered…

The lawyer then accused the federal prosecutors of fuzzy math when it came to the charges that he siphoned clients’ funds: “The evidence will show that despite working on this case for well over two years, despite all the resources and the agents of the federal government, they still don’t have the numbers right. It doesn’t add up.”

“We will show that it is smoke and mirrors,” Avenatti said.

The prosecutors have text messages where Avenatti tells his clients that the settlement money hasn’t come in even though it has. They have bank records showing him transferring settlement money from into his own accounts. After losing in the Nike trial, does he really think he’s going to win a case where one of his victims is a paraplegic man?

Maybe if he’s convicted on all counts in this trial he’ll once again burst into tears during sentencing. And then he can rinse and repeat the entire thing two more times, once for the second half of this trial later this year and once more in the Stormy Daniels trial next year.

Posts: 19565 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope that they continue to find this scumbag guilty as charged. He is having his day in court, and he may well be disappointed with the outcome.

Posts: 6614 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Maybe if he’s convicted on all counts in this trial he’ll once again burst into tears during sentencing. And then he can rinse and repeat the entire thing two more times, once for the second half of this trial later this year and once more in the Stormy Daniels trial next year.

That made sense in NY after he pled guilty and expressed remorse (no, I don't buy it either). He's going for broke in this case so the only crying he will do is after sentencing, not before.

Posts: 994 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Michael Avenasty, a man who did what I never dreamed might happened. In comparison, I now have some admiration of ordinary scumbags, but Avenasty has taken things to a new level, got a shovel and kept on digging down.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
This is a long pity piece on Avenatti by Politico (I read it so you didn't have to lol).

On line I liked that really made me chuckle (more so than some others):

"The 10 South block was known to get particularly cold. At night, Avenatti wore every jumpsuit he had with him. One guard eventually brought him a set of used long johns. Early on, he asked if he could get a book. The guards gave him The Art of the Deal by Donald Trump.

https://www.politico.com/news/...rrest-profile-525301

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Early on, he asked if he could get a book. The guards gave him The Art of the Deal by Donald Trump.[/i]

I'm glad I opened this thread. Thanks for the laugh. And it's a very delicious laugh too.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post