SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How many forum members have you met?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many forum members have you met? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Only 1 that I know of. He's a Captain on the local PD.

Posts: 526 | Registered: October 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
^^^ I met DrDan in Chicago at dinner along with CPDSIG, EmpireState, Valpofuz.....hmmm some other Chicago cops, but I forget who.

I'm guessing that was Klusk2.

Btw, do you remember meeting this gentleman? Wink

THAT was about as epic as you can get around here!

Hi Dave!

Yes, maybe Klusk and maybe bulldog? It was a big table and I didn't get to talk too closely with everyone.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39214 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Somewhere around 8-10'ish I believe.

Did a Video call with one member that's in the same line of work.

But I met a handful at a BBQ that Cockatoo & Marzy had one time. All good people.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8923 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Maybe 3?

Was going to say zero, then recalled a training class I attended where a member or 3 were running the class. Was very good, but SIGforum never came up.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2077 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrDan:
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
^^^ I met DrDan in Chicago at dinner along with CPDSIG, EmpireState, Valpofuz.....hmmm some other Chicago cops, but I forget who.

That was a good meet up! Don't forget Lugerguards, I still owe him a beer!

I wish we'd done it again before I moved away.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39214 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Probably 40+ but it’s been quite a while. I think the most recent was about 5 or 6 years ago we met Mr. & Mrs. Appliance Brad for dinner on their way through the area. GREAT People. Mrs. BRL still stays in contact with Pam regularly.

mrmn50, Hal Bass, used to hold SigForum shoots at the Horse and Hunt club south of Minneapolis a bit. I met quite a few members at those and forgive me for not recalling the names. In spite of what happened here with mrmn50 to me he’ll always be a stand up guy. Both from his hospitality and the time during a bad April Snowstorm my dog disappeared, likely to have run off to die. After posting about it on SF Hal called me and asked if he could come and look for her from over an hour and a half away in a snow storm.

I was in DFW for some Kubota training, probably 12-13 Years ago and met up with some SF folks. With the exception of Flashguy, the other names escape me. Please forgive me!

As DrDan said I was delivering my son back to Embry Riddle in Daytona Beach so with the help of V-Tail we put together a SF shoot and then some BBQ. My son and I got a tour of V-Tail’s hangar, his empire within. Then we had the pleasure of meeting DrDan, HRK, ArtieS, the late Paragon and many more. Forgive me if I can’t recall the other names of those there.

I’ve also met some fine local folk individually from back in my holster days.

All great folks in their own right.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BRL,

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12965 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robbiedog
posted Hide Post
Only one for me, LBJ. But he's actually my brother, so it might not count......

Posts: 141 | Location: East Texas | Registered: December 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Sigmund and I met in Reykjavik, Iceland of all places. Travel plans just happened to cross that day.

Posts: 9247 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
I've met 30 or 40, and have communicated directly with many more.

I hosted a shoot where over 25 showed up, went to a shoot at the Bird Brothers where there were 12-15, and went to a couple of shoots in the Ocala National Forest, and was with a group that met BRL at a BBQ joint when he took his son to college locally.

I met you at one of the Ocala shoots! It seems like I'm up there a bunch these days, I was just there yesterday and today!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7846 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
I’ve met a great bunch at the AZ SigForum shoots organized by Alan.
I’m terrible at remembering names but Tony & Alan are guys I’ll never forget.
All you guys that showed up at Rio Salado (6-10?) and Usery Mountain (again, 6-10?) and in the middle of nowhere for long range work were great to meet!
As usual, very generous with their guns, ammo and advice!
Some of the stuff that was new to me, whether it was new and cutting edge or truly historic was awesome to see and use.
Uriah’s 6.5 Creedmore was the first and only one I’ve shot…now I have a new to me 6mm ARC. Big Grin

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3869 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robbiedog:
Only one for me, LBJ. But he's actually my brother, so it might not count......

Brothers count for everything. I have three older ones. They took care of me when I almost died. Smile

Posts: 1325 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Another one, today. Beancooker was in the area, so ArtieS and I met him for lunch, then a short drive to The Crooked Can Brewery to sample a glass of the local beer and to continue the discussion, solving the world's problems.

As usual when SIGforum people meet, it was enjoyed by all.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31372 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I arranged a local shoot a few times about 2007 in New Tripoli, PA.
Met about a dozen folks there. Very nice meeting them and regret not continuing to stay in touch. Ran into a few of them at local gun shows too.

I might still have a list of the attendees. The only name I recall offhand was Pizza Bob.

One younger fellow let me shoot his AR. The first time for me. I ended up buying similar after that experience.

I fondly recall those events occasionally. Good times!

--Tom
The right of self preservation, in turn, was understood as the right to defend oneself against attacks by lawless individuals, or, if absolutely necessary, to resist and throw off a tyrannical government.

Posts: 1577 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post