SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How many forum members have you met?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many forum members have you met? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
In no particular order:

1- Jay Wendland - Won my very first SF Karma (a P6) several years ago. He was a car mechanic at the time. He seems to have disappeared from SF.

2- straightshooter1 - He and his lovely wife came to H-town a couple of years ago to visit his daughter. They invited me out to BBQ. We went window shopping at Collectors Firearms afterward. Nicest folks.

3- straightshooter01 - We communicated many times online. Finally met him, when he drove down from BigD for some pistol match and also to pick up a P225 I sold him. Smile

4- sigmonkey - This monkey drove all the way from FL to pick up a guitar that he bought from some local guy that I picked up and held for him. He was going to try to arrange for either V-Tail or erj_pilot to fly it back for him, but that didn't work out. We had spaghetti dinner, and he drove back right after. Big Grin

You are one person I would like to meet because of your very generous karmas. I've never asked to be in consideration for one,
I have many pistols I haven't fired in years. You must be a very kind person.

You are one person I would like to meet because of your very generous karmas. I've never asked to be in consideration for one,
I have many pistols I haven't fired in years. You must be a very kind person. In my later years I've strived to be the same.

5- erj_pilot - Dropped by the clinic a few times to chit chat, on his way to flying or on the way back. My cheap Folger coffee isn't good enough for him. Lol.

6- kingfish007 - B/S/T with him numerous times. Always had something new to chat about. Cool

7- TxRoadrunner - Won my LMT MRP Karma. Great lady. IIRC, she was a pastor at a local church and was doing God's work helping out the victims of hurricane Harvey. Cool

8- P250UA5 - Won my Dissy AR Karma. Works just down the road from my clinic inside the airport.

9- smschulz - Sold him some HK pistol (HK USP Tactical, I think) many years ago at American Shooting Centers.

10- Didls - Sold him a couple of P228s on two separate occasions. I appreciated that he drove all the way from Big D. One time, we got carried away just shooting the breeze by his car. By the time we had finished, and I got back to my car, Mrs Q said I've been shooting the breeze for over an hour. Needless to say, she never accompanied me again on subsequent B/S/T adventures. Lol.

11- quantum13 - Also drove in from Big D a few times to buy my SIGs.

12- furlough - Also from DFW area. Met me half way and picked up PROTO-1 that was auctioned that he won last year.

13- TexasScrub - Drove all the way from Victoria and treated me to lunch. Felt like seeing a fiend I haven't seen in a long time.

14- ronbarn - Local guy whom I bought several P228s from, when I first started my collection.

15- There was another member, also from Big D, that I traded my Noveske AR for his Cogan Custom 1911 several years ago, that I can no longer recall his handle.

Posts: 1324 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A dozen, but long ago.
Half don't post here any more.
( In the rooms that I frequent any way)

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55141 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Half dozen or so.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21094 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Half dozen or so here too! We had a NH SIGforum Shoot WAY too many years ago (Fall 2013) at Londonderry Fish and Game Club.

'Rounder' organized the shoot and made the arrangements for a closed range at LFGC to be used by the group. Of note, he brought along an AR with a VERY Light 'hair trigger' (in 6.5 Creedmore as I recall) and a suppressed 9mm Pistol.

'Green Highlander' was there! A certified NRA Shooting Instructor (and quite the shot!), he brought along his SIG522 which is a Damn Cool .22LR Rifle! He also impressed with his shooting prowess, claiming victory with his P229 (in .357SIG?) through multiple rounds of an impromptu single shot target competition we did for fun that day!

We had a 'Mainer' there (sorry, I don't recall his User Name) that brought several steel targets, and A PILE of CZ 'Custom' Pistols! He was a welder (by trade I recall), and his targets were VERY nice! I had suggested he should sell them because they were that good and IMO he definitely could've made some coin doing so.

There ware a few more there (Sorry, I don't recall their user names), a couple from NH (one brought along a P229 in .357SIG) and I believe we had somebody from MA as well, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Green Highlander and I 'may' be the only remaining 'active' members that attended that shoot (Rounder hasn't posted since 2014!), and unfortunately, I have no way to know if the rest of the group are still around/posting here.

All in all, a bunch of solid guys! We REALLY need to do that again! Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nhracecraft,

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9411 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
I have not met any in person. Being in Georgia there are a number of members here and there have been opportunities over the years, I just never made it happen.

JC

Posts: 1302 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
Just one, Doc Steve. Good friends now for over a decade. Stayed with me for a while when we were working together. Still chat every few days.

Posts: 5897 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Quite a few. Mostly during SIGforum shoots in New Hampshire when I lived there as well as taking classes at SIG Academy and classes with Bruce.

Also met a few shooting IDPA in Indiana and Michigan.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39185 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
In person, none.

I was taking Korean lessons from James via FaceTime for a while.

I also met a guy locally that saw my truck and had seen a post back when I bought it and put some accessories on it. He’s not a member, but a long time lurker.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4291 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tuckerrnr1:
Just one, Doc Steve. Good friends now for over a decade. Stayed with me for a while when we were working together. Still chat every few days.

I was thinking about him a couple weeks ago. Hope he's OK.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9361 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
About 12-15, though none recently.
lbj visited Connecticut for a few weeks in 2005. We had the 2005 Sig Forum shoot at Wooster Mountain shooting range.
Arc was there, also. Most of the other members don't post any longer.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16628 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
I had a shoot/BBQ at my house and met about 25.
But there are several I stay in touch with a lot.

This place has given me some truly quality friends.

I don't need to mention them, they know who they are to protect the guilty.
Smile

Posts: 5055 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
One. Long ago. I even forget his name.
Being a member of our local club, I'd think there ought to be some more around here.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6400 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I've met 30 or 40, and have communicated directly with many more.

I hosted a shoot where over 25 showed up, went to a shoot at the Bird Brothers where there were 12-15, and went to a couple of shoots in the Ocala National Forest, and was with a group that met BRL at a BBQ joint when he took his son to college locally.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12910 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
I think only one. I met them as part of the sig sight tool lending thing. If I’ve met any others, I didn’t know it.

- Bret

Posts: 2475 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tuckerrnr1:

He is one of two members I've met (He was working at a Bass Pro near me). I hope he's doing well.

I also met another member who came to my house to buy a big lot of ammo I was selling when I moved.

Posts: 6080 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
A dozen or so, most at a shoot at Marzy's.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10554 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
2, Appliance Brad and OZ.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4221 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
The first member I met was JAllen, long ago, at lunch for Texas concealed carry.

I met 12131 at lunch just south of Houston and he is every bit the great guy you might expect. We should do that again, soon, because I love the choices of food up there!

And I met someone that has become a dear friend, UTSig, when I did an assignment in St George, Utah. I do miss the hikes and drives!

Posts: 2043 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Kind of hard to say. I know four for sure, but I think I may have known them prior to knowing they were members.

There's a couple people I know, that I KNOW for sure are members, but I don't know their user names.

As well there are members that are locals and have probably met, without knowing who's who or being able to put names or user names with faces.

Posts: 21325 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
None
I’ve had email correspondence with 3 or 4 over the years.

Posts: 1151 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post