SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How many forum members have you met?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many forum members have you met? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I’ve met one about 10 years ago. Can’t recall his name. I believe he was a pilot from back east and we met in Huntington Beach where he took possession of a Kramer holster for a P226 I was selling in the classifieds.

I live about 8 minutes from Mimi’s jewelry, pass it often on my travels, and always tell myself that I should go in and meet Dave.

Posts: 809 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jer830:
I live about 8 minutes from Mimi’s jewelry, pass it often on my travels, and always tell myself that I should go in and meet Dave.

Worth the stop!

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15970 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
a few,

Shugurt,
Batty,

maybe a few ohters I am forgetting

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10565 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
One

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4274 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Zero

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9415 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One when he picked up a karma item I was giving.
Wouldn't mind meeting a few more in person for coffee etc...

Posts: 2055 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
One. I’m somewhat geographically disadvantaged, perhaps. I passed on a chance to meet Straightshooter1 and 12131 shortly after my wife died. I regret missing that opportunity.

Posts: 27159 | Location: Murphyville Tx | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Met a few at a Practical Fundamentals class in Orlando in 2010;
V tail
Dr. Dan
Mrs. Horse
Jerry Jones (of course)
Bruce Gray (of course)
And others whose names I don't remember at this point. One guy came from up in the NE somewhere. He made the little medals that were given out.

Posts: 1289 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Zero, though working gunshows for over 25 years I probably met some but never connected them with this forum.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3604 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
None in person. Corresponded with a few.

Posts: 28642 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
smschulz
jhe888
And I believe 12131 at Collectors Firearms when I worked there

"The more People I meet, the more I like Dogs."

Posts: 2948 | Location: Houston,Texas | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tuckerrnr1:
Just one, Doc Steve. Good friends now for over a decade. Stayed with me for a while when we were working together. Still chat every few days.

How's Steve doing? I haven't heard from him in a long long time. I've met the Ga gang mostly at .45 Cal's shindigs 12-20 I would guess.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7650 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
About 2008? We had a huge turnout for a shoot at TacPro west of Fort Worth. We might have had 60+ guys show up. About 40 of us went to lunch in Thurber, TX. I wonder what would have happened if anyone had tried to hold up the restaurant while we were in there!

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1942 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Probably over 100 over my 20 years here.

Mostly from shoots abroad and here at Cockatoo Farms.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39871 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ibanda:
About 2008? We had a huge turnout for a shoot at TacPro west of Fort Worth. We might have had 60+ guys show up. About 40 of us went to lunch in Thurber, TX. I wonder what would have happened if anyone had tried to hold up the restaurant while we were in there!

I was at the shoot.

Posts: 1133 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BOATTRASH1:
Met a few at a Practical Fundamentals class in Orlando in 2010;
V tail
Dr. Dan
Mrs. Horse
Jerry Jones (of course)
Bruce Gray (of course)
And others whose names I don't remember at this point. One guy came from up in the NE somewhere. He made the little medals that were given out.

I remmeber that class, and meeting you. The person you remember from the NE is MasAChist (spelling is wrong, but I can't seem to find one of his posts to get it right). He is now a machinist from Massachusetts. Great guy.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4996 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ I met DrDan in Chicago at dinner along with CPDSIG, EmpireState, Valpofuz.....hmmm some other Chicago cops, but I forget who.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39218 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Fifteen or twenty over the years. A bunch at Rainman's shoot seven or eight years ago.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53236 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
^^^ I met DrDan in Chicago at dinner along with CPDSIG, EmpireState, Valpofuz.....hmmm some other Chicago cops, but I forget who.

I'm guessing that was Klusk2.

Btw, do you remember meeting this gentleman? Wink

Q

Posts: 27498 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:

That was a good meet up! Don't forget Lugerguards, I still owe him a beer!

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4996 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post