SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How many forum members have you met?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many forum members have you met? Login/Join 
posted
I lurked for several years before I joined. I've only met one, I gave him about
40 pounds of once fired brass. I hope he put it to good use. I finally realized
I would never reload, and I had already bought 20k rounds of new.
I don't have thousands of posts. Just curious.

Posts: 1324 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Between 35 and 40.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44405 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I have corresponded privately with a few here, but I have never met any in person.

Posts: 8842 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
10 +/- I think

-tatortodd: Lives a few miles from me, been on a few rides [motorcycle]

-tigereye: Also lives near-ish. Done some archery

-jhe, jimbo jones [I think], george43: NRA forum dinner afterward convention back in around 2012[?]
Think I also met jljones in the convention at their booth, but only in passing.

-12131: Karma winner of the AR, works up the road at the airport

-V-tail [as wife], bigredfish, and a 3rd FL member [Artie?]: Was in town [FL] for a convention

-davetroung: Finally had time to get to Mimi's last time we were in LA

-raggedhole: Was working at a large gun store here in Houston

-NikonUser: Attended a 1k yd rifle match with him & bought a bipod from him as well

May be 1 or 2 more that I'm forgetting

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P250UA5,

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15949 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
A bunch.

Posts: 11282 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I have met around 7-8 in person but my friend Chris in Australia has the honor of being the most memorable member I have met. He lives in an amazing country and kind of has an unfair advantage on the rest of our members. No one else has offered to take me to Bells Beach Australia and on a tour of the great ocean road. Cool

I hope one day to be able to repay the kindness our fellow Sigforum member extended to me while I was exploring his beautiful country.

My friend in Fayetteville NC who sold me my first motorcycle comes in a DAMN CLOSE second place as far as most memorable members I have met.

I almost met RHINOWSO but he had already moved out of my town when I bought his P220 so I missed out on the pleasure of meeting that kind & cheerful lad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21213 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Estimate around a dozen. Attended a Colorado Sig Forum shoot many years ago.

Posts: 7647 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only three, after all these years. I should try harder. Maybe a Northern Illinois/Southern Wisconsin get-together or shoot.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9361 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I had a list once somewhere. I met a fairly large group in the Longmont CO area around 2006 including LBJ.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38188 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
5 or so.

Quality over quantity as they say Smile

10 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6612 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just one.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16364 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Probably at least 2 dozen but unfortunately not Sigmonkey!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7846 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
about a dozen. All at Bruce Gray's Gray Guns trainings just outside Seattle.

Posts: 6489 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
4 plus over a dozen at Bruce Gray's Gray Guns trainings just outside Houston

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23624 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
I also met many at a Sig shoot many years back. Also a few when I was flying all over the place. Great people!

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10977 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
In no particular order:

1- Jay Wendland - Won my very first SF Karma (a P6) several years ago. He was a car mechanic at the time. He seems to have disappeared from SF.

2- straightshooter1 - He and his lovely wife came to H-town a couple of years ago to visit his daughter. They invited me out to BBQ. We went window shopping at Collectors Firearms afterward. Nicest folks.

3- straightshooter01 - We communicated many times online. Finally met him, when he drove down from BigD for some pistol match and also to pick up a P225 I sold him. Smile

4- sigmonkey - This monkey drove all the way from FL to pick up a guitar that he bought from some local guy that I picked up and held for him. He was going to try to arrange for either V-Tail or erj_pilot to fly it back for him, but that didn't work out. We had spaghetti dinner, and he drove back right after. Big Grin

5- erj_pilot - Dropped by the clinic a few times to chit chat, on his way to flying or on the way back. My cheap Folger coffee isn't good enough for him. Lol.

6- kingfish007 - B/S/T with him numerous times. Always had something new to chat about. Cool

7- TxRoadrunner - Won my LMT MRP Karma. Great lady. IIRC, she was a pastor at a local church and was doing God's work helping out the victims of hurricane Harvey. Cool

8- P250UA5 - Won my Dissy AR Karma. Works just down the road from my clinic inside the airport.

9- smschulz - Sold him some HK pistol (HK USP Tactical, I think) many years ago at American Shooting Centers.

10- Didls - Sold him a couple of P228s on two separate occasions. I appreciated that he drove all the way from Big D. One time, we got carried away just shooting the breeze by his car. By the time we had finished, and I got back to my car, Mrs Q said I've been shooting the breeze for over an hour. Needless to say, she never accompanied me again on subsequent B/S/T adventures. Lol.

11- quantum13 - Also drove in from Big D a few times to buy my SIGs.

12- furlough - Also from DFW area. Met me half way and picked up PROTO-1 that was auctioned that he won last year.

13- TexasScrub - Drove all the way from Victoria and treated me to lunch. Felt like seeing a fiend I haven't seen in a long time.

14- ronbarn - Local guy whom I bought several P228s from, when I first started my collection.

15- There was another member, also from Big D, that I traded my Noveske AR for his Cogan Custom 1911 several years ago, that I can no longer recall his handle.

Q

Posts: 27447 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
5. Missed meeting Para at Silencer/Machinegun shoots in NE GA I think.

Posts: 6038 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I met several many relays ago at shoots we used to be in San Antonio as well as a shoot in Dallas and another in Weatherford.

Most are no longer here.

The last I met was Para in Duluth Ga.

Posts: 1131 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Zero.

Posts: 9785 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
A few:

Artie-been a couple years though
V-Tail-been a few months but we text frequently
Dave-been to the shop a few times
Big Deal-he doesn’t seem active here anymore
Tango Sierra-he’s not active here anymore
Uncle Sandman-he’s not active here anymore

Posts: 13281 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post