SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 298
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
Averaging 6.3
posts per year
posted Hide Post
Enjoying a Cain & Abel by Two Brothers. Will probably follow it up w/an Old Rasputin.

Rick

Texting.......easier than calling.

Posts: 1367 | Location: P.C., FL - the emerald coast | Registered: September 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Watchful Guardian
Picture of badkarma56
posted Hide Post
Springbank 18. Cool

-BK

"If it's all the same to you, I'd really prefer to visit the range."

Posts: 7980 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
^That is gorgeous!

I have some Tres Pistoles and Chateau Jiahu.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HWStevens
posted Hide Post
"Springbank 18. Cool"

18 YO Laphroaig. Cool
Islay and Kintyre produce some fine whisky.

Posts: 2098 | Location: Camp Swift, Texas | Registered: February 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Partaking in some Redbreast Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16253 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Watchful Guardian
Picture of badkarma56
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billnchristy:

^That is gorgeous!

Alas, as pretty as that bottle is, the whisky tastes even better, amigo. Wink

quote:
Originally posted by HWStevens:

Islay and Kintyre produce some fine whisky.

Affirmative, friend.

My two favorite malts, Laphroaig and Springbank, hail from those parts.

-BK

Posts: 7980 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
I bought some Old Granddad 114 to make a new batch of cinnamon whiskey.

Big Grin

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Watchful Guardian
Picture of badkarma56
posted Hide Post
quote:

Big Grin

Ha! I might just have to try that one day, Bill. Wink

Slàinte,

-BK

Picture of HWStevens
posted Hide Post
-BK
We spent three nights at the Argyll Hotel in Bellochantuy in June. A fine view of Islay and Campbeltown is just a short drive away.
When you're in a gin mood try The Botanist from Islay.
We love Scotland. Big Grin

Posts: 2098 | Location: Camp Swift, Texas | Registered: February 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:
I've never been able to enjoy Scotch.
And it's certainly not for the lack of trying.
It's the overwhelming flavor of the peat that they smoke the grain with.
I'd like to try one that has the lightest hint of peat that I can find.
But then I think, " why drink Scotch if I'm avoiding the signature flavor?" .

Any ideas or should I just stick to my Bourbon?

I basically feel the same.

I can enjoy several, on the rocks, in a pinch or if good Bourbon is unavailable or certain social situations.

Macallan 12 and Barrel Strength, Glenmorangie 10, Glenlevit 12, they're all pretty easy to drink, and the least medicianal, iodine-y, peaty, etc.

I'd still take any decent $25 Bourbon over them every time, but I don't mind those particular ones when it's all there is or the like.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:

Big Grin

I think OGD114 is the second best offering from Beam, second only to Knob Creek Single Barrel.

And it's of their High Rye mash like Basil Hayden.

I bet that'll be excellent.

A Watchful Guardian
Picture of badkarma56
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HWStevens:

-BK
We spent three nights at the Argyll Hotel in Bellochantuy in June. A fine view of Islay and Campbeltown is just a short drive away.
When you're in a gin mood try The Botanist from Islay.
We love Scotland. Big Grin

That's a great holiday, HW. I'll have to give The Botanist a whirl the very next time that I have gin.

BTW, I also love Scotland.

-BK

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
2009 George T. Stagg Barrel Strength Bourbon (141.4 proof), one of my last two bottles of this particular year's release. Bourbon in its purest form.

Thermonuclear Vulcan
Picture of Zebulon
posted Hide Post

Zebulon

Posts: 2761 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: November 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Horny Goat Weed. An herbal tea.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5967 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jameson's Irish Whiskey, Ginger Ale and Lime.

Posts: 977 | Location: Upstate South Carolina | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
Glenlivet 18 year.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5581 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4370 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .45ACP
posted Hide Post
I'm ashamed to admit it but it was left over here from a bachelor party two weeks ago and I don't want it to go to waste; Captain Morgan.

Posts: 1913 | Location: CO | Registered: March 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Ooo, now that its October, thr yearly shipment of Pappy is probably going to hit shelves in the next month or two. I still need to snag me a bottle and try it.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post