SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 298
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
61 degrees here in N.W. Montana. Break out the Corona with a slice of lime.

Open up the umbrella on the patio table to keep off the sun. Grab your board shorts, t-shirt and flip flops.

Posts: 1196 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
last night was Blue Mountian's A Hopwork Orange,

delicious IPA with orange added

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I will have a Manhattan tonight made with Weller Rye

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
One of the first few glass from a homebrew of Dark Belgian Ale. Very tasty with great color and little lower ABV because of having made a bit over 6 gallons, but still very good.

Posts: 3852 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Evan Williams 1783 and (sorry) minute maid lemonade. I like it. It's not bad neat too.

Posts: 3596 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
I finally opened one of my bottles of Blantons. My wife says "DRINK IT" that's why you bought it.
I still do have other back up bottles though.

Had to remove the picture. For some reason it all of a sudden became huge and I can't fix it. My other pictures are fine.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 71 TRUCK,

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barry1967
posted Hide Post
I got one of those too. Very good stuff. Now I have to get the stave and collect all the corks!

More than a few, less than others!

Posts: 1199 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: June 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barry1967:
I got one of those too. Very good stuff. Now I have to get the stave and collect all the corks!

Yes very good stuff.
Yea I have been working on that for the past few years. I am saving the bottle for now however there is a company not to far from where I live that sells used Bourbon barrels. I was thinking of building a single barrel bottle storage/bar and incorporating the stoppers somehow.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barry1967
posted Hide Post
Go to the Blantons web site. They sell staves and other items to display the bottle corks
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
quote:

Yes very good stuff.
Yea I have been working on that for the past few years. I am saving the bottle for now however there is a company not to far from where I live that sells used Bourbon barrels. I was thinking of building a single barrel bottle storage/bar and incorporating the stoppers somehow.

Posts: 1199 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: June 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
As Lent is coming to an end, I will celebrate with some Weller this evening.

Happy Easter everyone.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36842 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First time having an Islay....Laphroaig 10.......it's like........smoked chloroseptic......I like it!!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Go to the Blantons web site. They sell staves and other items to display the bottle corks
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by barry1967:

Yes very good stuff.

Thanks.
I just looked at their web site and they have some nice options for displaying stoppers.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 71 TRUCK,

NRA Life Member

Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Picked up a Howler of Dogfishhead 90 Minute IPA at our favorite watering hole today to support them while it's Take Out only here in Michigan

Posts: 11223 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Sapphire Martini.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tk13:
quote:
Originally posted by wildheartedson0105:
Going to try my hand at an Old Fashioned

I love a good Old Fashioned and have experimented with making them quite a bit at home. One of the best and easiest is made with a pre-made mix from Buffalo Trace. Simply add bourbon, a dash of bitters, and some ice, and enjoy. The only change I make is to add a higher ratio of bourbon than the directions call for.

The only place I've been able to find the mix is at BT's gift shop, but it is also available online: https://buffalotracegiftshop.c...th=6&products_id=125

Thank you for the lead on the BT mix! Going to order some, but until it arrives, I'll have to do them from scratch.

Also, though I do appreciate bourbon, and have had wonderful bourbon Old Fashioneds, it would be heresy to make my first with bourbon.

I live in Wisconsin, and tradition dictates brandy be used. Wink

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight(Easter) I will be having a "taste" of Henry McKeena 10 y/o 100 proof bourbon. The ONLY reason that I can do this, is because of a SF member named BigSwede. He found the bourbon, purchased it, and shipped it to me as an INSTANT KARMA!!!!! Now ladies and gentlemen, it just doesn't get more generous than this. The SF has some of the BEST folks on the internet, and, to me, this proves my point!!!

Thanks to the kindness and generosity of BigSwede, I will have a most pleasant Easter evening.......thanx, again!!

Posts: 6620 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
Friday, I ordered a growler and a 6 pack from a craft brewery the next county over. They are offering pickup and delivery while the taproom is closed, so I ordered some to help support them. I had one of the blackberry stouts Friday night, and I worked on the growler contents (a red Irish ale) last night and tonight.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
Tonight(Easter) I will be having a "taste" of Henry McKeena 10 y/o 100 proof bourbon. The ONLY reason that I can do this, is because of a SF member named BigSwede. He found the bourbon, purchased it, and shipped it to me as an INSTANT KARMA!!!!! Now ladies and gentlemen, it just doesn't get more generous than this. The SF has some of the BEST folks on the internet, and, to me, this proves my point!!!

Thanks to the kindness and generosity of BigSwede, I will have a most pleasant Easter evening.......thanx, again!!

No problem Sir, was glad to send some Rona cheer

Buffalo Trace on the rocks

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barry1967
posted Hide Post
I enjoy some peat in my Scotch, Talisker, Caol Ila and a few others but that Laphroaig, WOW, Have to chew it first!!

quote:
Originally posted by Outnumbered:
First time having an Islay....Laphroaig 10.......it's like........smoked chloroseptic......I like it!!

In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
quote:
I enjoy some peat in my Scotch, Talisker, Caol Ila and a few others but that Laphroaig, WOW, Have to chew it first!!

quote:
Originally posted by Outnumbered:

YUM! Laph is my favorite of the Islays. The 10 is damn good, but try the Quarter Cask....everything good about the 10, but better. Laphroaig, then Lagavulin, then Ardbeg in my book, but all are outstanding whiskies. Something a bit different from Islay is Bowmore....their 15yo "Darkest" is quite excellent. Protip: if engaging in a scotch tasting, never start with the Islay....the phenolics will ruin the tastebuds for any other whisky. End with the Islay.

Posts: 1731 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post