SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    CASIO G SHOCK ADVICE
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CASIO G SHOCK ADVICE Login/Join 
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted
What is your experience with Casio G Shock? I am thinking of being a dealer and want to know the pros and cons. Obviously, SF members will ALWAYS get preferential pricing if I decide to pick up the line.

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6064 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Great watched. I wear a Rangeman every day and only break out the Panerai on special occasions.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
The real high end of it clashes with your citizen stuff. Also can you compete with amazon?

Posts: 8183 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
I use a G-Shock as my knock-around watch.

I've had the same one for over 10yrs and it's never let me down.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of skonie
posted Hide Post
I’ve worn a RangeMan every day for about 3 years now. I’m happy with the quality and looks of it.

Posts: 1515 | Location: NV | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I see them being sold in Macy's and in watch repair stands in the mall. I suppose you have to figure out the kind of person that Casio G-Shock markets to and how often will those people come to your store. Or how often will you be able to divert a customer to a Casio instead of them simply walking out the door without a sale.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20080 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
They seem to be good, rugged watches, but they are all generally as ugly as sin. I've never been tempted.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53249 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We own a couple,that are perhaps considered “high end” models: a Frogman 8250 and a MTG S1000D. Both have been very good. Only complaint is a minor one: they are huge.

We trudge on.

Posts: 123 | Registered: March 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Clem Eastwood
posted Hide Post
I have a few. 2 gdx6900s, a gd100ms and the lowely dw6900. i honestly find the dw6900 the most useful. i wear it mountain biking or anywear else that a watch would get beat up. i like the module since you can still see the time when you switch it over to stop watch. which is nice on the mountain bike trail when i want to know what time it is but cant exactly take both hands off the handlebars to mess with a watch. and the cr2016 2 year battery has lasted about 5 years at this point, granted i dont use the illumination feature much. they are big, but much lighter than many of my more expensive watches. at the end of the day, in terms of a tool the g shock is pretty great. its cheap, durable, light, accurate. i have to admit that i do enjoy wearing my other stuff more often.

Posts: 2068 | Location: North Texas | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
I’ve worn their basic models since 1991 and they’ve been great. I’ve never bought their nice ones and I think I’ve owned three of them from 91 until now.

Posts: 4232 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
I have an original screw-back, Japanese made DW5600 from the mid 80s that still works. The rubber around the face has long since disintegrated however

I wear a DW5600E as a knock around daily wear watch. Tough, reliable, affordable.

I've been awfully tempted by some of their higher end watches as well.

Posts: 11416 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I've owned several of the Solar/Atomic (Frogman, Mudman, Gulfman, and Riseman) versions - great watches, all of them.

Gave two of my Gulfman's to my nephews so they could start enjoying watches. My other nephew got the Riseman, he really liked it - he's a techy (but aren't they all...)

Currently I have the Rangeman, its my "range" watch so that I can give the Subby a rest.

Again, great watches.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1919 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I have a G-Shock as a beater watch. Great watch in that role.

Depends on your demographics, what you want your store to project as far as image for selling watches. Walmart sells G-Shocks. They do have "high end" models", but as a previous poster stated, do they conflict with other lines?

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17196 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I’d buy one from you if you go with them. Maybe two.

I’d also buy one before a Citizen (I have a Citizen dive watch). But I’d buy a family member/friend a Citizen before a G Shock.

Just different watches, different purposes.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11464 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
They are great watch's with a huge following from law enforcement, military, EMT's to skater dudes. They range from very reasonable to the low $1,000's.

Posts: 1097 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’d also buy one before a Citizen (I have a Citizen dive watch). But I’d buy a family member/friend a Citizen before a G Shock. Just different watches, different purposes.

Agree with this, lots of really nice "dress" watches out there, at all sorts of price points. But really, the G Shock is pretty well known as the rugged, no-nonsense, do it all watch.

Military, LEOs, Firemen, Medics, etc... when you check to see what these guys and gals are wearing; G Shocks stand out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1919 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
The one I wear every day has survived 2 wars and rolling over 4 times at 70 mph in a pickup truck. Big Grin

They're tough watches.

Please become a dealer, I'm looking to buy another one and would much prefer buying through you than online.

Posts: 13314 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
I have an original screw-back, Japanese made DW5600 from the mid 80s that still works. The rubber around the face has long since disintegrated however

I have one of those, as well, and I had to stop wearing it for the same reason. I’ve owned it since 1999 and I have had to replace the battery only once.

Posts: 12237 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I buy them. I only buy the cheapest one I can find that supports both solar charging and atomic time setting. They seem to last reasonably well.

Use is somewhat daily as well as for during athletic activity.

I've since moved to a Citizen solar analog dive watch. For the luminescence. I don't like the Casio's at night. They are just a cheap convenience watch for me - solar and atomic. I'd never buy an expensive Casio

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13115 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I like the smaller Casios for work, fishing, woodworking, shooting, etc. don't like having a huge curb feeler on my wrist when trying to get things done, or wearing gloves.

Posts: 10046 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post