SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    CASIO G SHOCK ADVICE
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CASIO G SHOCK ADVICE Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
My daily wear is a DW6600. I hope Dave can get me a new one as this one has been on my wrist since around 1990 and it might break down one day.

Posts: 5795 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I have bought a few G Shocks over the years. I found them to be a great watch in my career as a gas man for a natural gas company. I always bought the lower end models, when the battery died, or the band broke, I just threw it out and bought another. I bought a DW9052 a year before I retired in 2014, it is still going strong, although it does not see daily use anymore.

Posts: 13718 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll buy one or sure Dave. I have an old G Shock I got in Afghanistan in 2006, only model they had at the tiny PX. After the year deployment, it isn't my daily watch, but I wear it for workouts and it is still going strong on the original battery.

The new ones really caught my eye and I've been wanting one. Minor rant though, I am really struggling to figure them out. Casio categorizes them by line "Mr. G", "Master of G", "MT-G" etc. This isn't really helpful since within each "line" the features vary enormously.

Is there a site where you can sort these things by features? I think I want a triple sensor model with solar and atomic time. How do I see how many models offer those features without having to click into each line and then click on each watch I think might have that? So many models...

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
This thread has more legs than I expected.

My G-Shock is still working after 8 years. It’s actually a woman’s model, which fits my skinny wrist better.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9477 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
I have an older atomic/solar version, MTG-930 that I got for duty wear. I've had this watch for 14 years and its still going strong.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2715 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was looking to pick up a G-Shock for a recent beach vacation, but the department store I went to (Kohl's) did not have any models available that appealed to me (larger numbers, with second hand, and illuminated/glow in the dark).

They did however have a Casio MRW-S310H on clearance, and combined with the 20% sale and coupon stacking wound up costing around $12.00. This watch survived a week of playing in the ocean and playing/digging in the sand.

I would still like to pick up a G-Shock.

Rob

Posts: 3589 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I’m looking at a GA-1100-1A or similar, it has a great light.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8368 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m going to go against the grain and say I’m not a fan of them. Bought one of the higher-end “military” ones with solar, tidal charts, moon phases, etc. (7900 I think) because I wanted something really durable.

3 months later I broke it by bumping into a wall at the hospital (no flipping joke). Roll Eyes

Posts: 440 | Location: Utah | Registered: March 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WingedMedic:
I’m going to go against the grain and say I’m not a fan of them. Bought one of the higher-end “military” ones with solar, tidal charts, moon phases, etc. (7900 I think) because I wanted something really durable.

3 months later I broke it by bumping into a wall at the hospital (no flipping joke). Roll Eyes

Are you sure it wasn’t a Chinese knock off? All mine took a beating, one died due to battery issues (it was the solar model) and one I beat the band up so bad I chunked it but the watch still worked. I’m on my third one.

Posts: 4232 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
My daily watch. Almost every thread needs a photo.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Any updates on picking up the line?

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8368 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WingedMedic:

While deployed in 2003, I met a fella that had his left hand (arm) in a sling. Asked what was up, he kindly dug through his pocket and showed me the G-Shock he was wearing at the time he was shot. No shit, battered and broken with the stubby little AK round still embedded, there it was. Impact broke his wrist, but there was no penetration. As soon as I got stateside, I went and bought one! 15 years, countless miles, and thousands of bumps, bangs, and oh shit’s, it still works as it should. Can’t say there’s any better watch for the money, though there are more beautiful ones. I’m gonna say you got a knockoff or that was one hell of a bump.

Posts: 2861 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post