SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Well then what WAS your first high school car?
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well then what WAS your first high school car? Login/Join 
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
1963 Ford F100

6 cylinder three on the tree.

It was my Dad's who passed away way to early at the age of 47 when I was 11. My older brother got the Family Chevy Station Wagon for he helped pay the Family Bills.

I gave mom $500 for it.

I graduated in 1974.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Model "A" Ford pickup. Cost me $75 earned working part time while going to high school. I think I was making $1 per hour. Paying room and board to live at home.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25656 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
never had a car in high school i got a 1975 kawasaki kz400 in 9th grade 1979

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
‘68 Pontiac Grand Prix. Cherry red with tons of lacquer protective over the paint. Extremely shiny. Man, what a gas guzzler. Carpooled some acquaintances every day to school for gas money.

Posts: 1154 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rock Paper
Scissors
Lizard Spock
Picture of James in Denver
posted Hide Post
1974 VW bug with no floorboards...

----------------------------
"Voldemorte himself created his worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!"
Book 6 - Ch 23

Posts: 4484 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GGF
posted Hide Post
1973 Z28 ... and I do miss that car.

GGF

Posts: 698 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I corrected myself, it was a 1973. The CB360 had vertical cylinders. If they were canted, it was only by a tiny bit.

It was a very slight angle, so small that you had to be a bike nut who read three or four motorcycle magazines a month to know this. I was that nut.

(Not my bikes)
CB360

CB350

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9380 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
My Dads hand me down 1973 Ford LTD just like this one.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7652 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
66 Beetle, orange in color

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53852 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
The car I actually drove to high school was a 12 year old Chrysler. A 1955 C300 that was previously driven by a Playmate of the Year.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6410 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
I corrected myself, it was a 1973. The CB360 had vertical cylinders. If they were canted, it was only by a tiny bit.

It was a very slight angle, so small that you had to be a bike nut who read three or four motorcycle magazines a month to know this. I was that nut.

(Not my bikes)
CB360

CB350

I bought a new gold 1972 1/2 CB350 $875. It was very pretty.

Posts: 7643 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Found some pics of my first ride!

1967 Pontiac Firebird. Bought for $1,000

This was around 1989:

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
My first high school car was a 1964 Ford Custom two door. White with a red interior. A Custom was a stripped Galaxie 500 with little chrome. My brother and I shared it, until I wrecked it. It had two options if the heater was standard: 289 V8 and an AM radio. 3 on the tree baby!

Posts: 7643 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bought a 239 magazine for $10, got banned for free.
posted Hide Post
Wanted a 1962 Impala Super Sport with a 409 engine and 4 speed. My father which was buying the car said Hell no-no 409,no 4 speed,and no bucket seats. He bought me a brand new 62 Impala with a 300 horse 327 power glide with full power and air. I drove it for 13 years. Wish I still had it. BTW-I am not black,my 1970 Chevelle is.

Posts: 279 | Location: West TN | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bought it in 1969, I was a senior in HS. Paid $2400 for it.Delivered Pizza in it for 2 years to pay for it.
1966 Shelby GT350 #6S269

How time change. If you tried that today, you would be carjacked within a week

Posts: 1481 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Being ticketed for loud exhaust would probably be the biggest hurdle today.
We don't even want to get into gas consumption. At about .$34 cents a gallon for Sunoco 260 it was never a real factor back then, even after I had the engine blueprinted and modified running 2, 4bbl carbs on a Shelby TransAm staggered tunnel ram manifold (12-1/2 TO 1 compression pistons, crane solid lifter cam,headers)Eventually I bought a BOSS 302 ( spare TransAm engine from a racer) to replace the 289.Never made it into the car. Sold it with both engines and 35,000 miles on it 10 years later after a divorce for $4500.
I don't ever remember annoying anybody delivering pizza, even when I rumbled up there driveway after midnight with a pie.
DIFFERENT TIMES!

Posts: 4700 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I started with a 1983 (I was born in 1983) turd brown Honda Civic Sedan. 76hp of carburetored fury.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7161 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by James in Denver:

Didn't most of them not have floorboards?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53249 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:

CB360

Mine was the blue one. (I didn't know they came in green.)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jhe888,

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53249 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by James in Denver:

Didn't most of them not have floorboards?

European cars, especially cheap ones, rusted out quickly. Ironically, it was Porsche engineers who came up with the first steel treatment process that reduced this tendency and is essentially still in use today.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9380 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post