SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Well then what WAS your first high school car?
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well then what WAS your first high school car? Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
1964 Ford Falcon Sprint 2 door, black on black. Came with a 260 v8, 4 on the floor and 4 barrel carb. Engine was worn out at 160k miles so we dropped a rebuilt 289 in it. Something was always wrong with it but I loved that damn car.

Posts: 13747 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I didn’t have a car in high school. I rode a Honda Trail 90 or a Suzuki SP 250 to school.

Posts: 12475 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
1970 Fiat 850 Spyder bought in 1972. Paid $1400 for it.
Sold it in 1974 when I went to college where I couldn't have a car on campus for $1500 (fuel crisis and this car had a whopping 55 hp so it got great mileage).

This started my love affair with mid engine sports cars that continue to this day...

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6335 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BDA220
posted Hide Post
1964 Chevy Nova station wagon. $500 with a rebuilt motor.

"Strange days have found us, strange days have tracked us down." JM

Posts: 807 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
Black 1984 Volvo 240 Turbo wagon. Heavy ass beast, but a pretty good choice as I wrecked it, totaled even though it drove me home from the accident. I did manage to get myself into a 1995 VW Jetta VR6 with a manual later in my senior year of HS - great car, bit of a pocket rocket. It also saved my life in a highway speed wreck in medical school. When a car is about 18” shorter in the front but you’re still able to open the doors and walk away - you’ve chosen well. I’ll miss that Jetta for a long time, even though I’ve had faster, better cars since.

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I graduated in 94. My 1st car was a 82 Tercel. It wasn't anything fancy but ran like a top and got great gas mileage.

Posts: 2754 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first high school car was a Cessna, but I got to it on a motorcycle. Both are long gone.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
OK, I haven't seen this one yet. I turned 16 in 1964 & my first car was a 1953 DeSoto, with a flathead engine & a "semi automatic" transmission called Fluid Drive, that also had a clutch. That thing was a tank! I don't think it was possible to dent one of those fenders.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1981 Honda Civic Hatchback with 150k on it. Bought it from my Dad for a $1. Required I maintain my grades and pay for all associated costs. He did throw in lessons on how to drive a stick though, so that was nice.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Graduated in 1995, my first car was a 1986 Honda Accord LX 4 door, I really enjoyed that car.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3645 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Burgundy 1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass 4 door Sedan very similar to the one below but it had Cragar S/x mag in the summer and snow tires with full wheel covers in the winter

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38006 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
It wasn't nearly as cool as the older Mustangs, but when I was in high school I had a '74 Mustang II, in copper, with a 4 speed transmission.
I learned to love driving a manual transmission on that car.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24182 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A 1969 Grand Prix SJ w/a 428 (370hp) engine. It did over 130mph. I can’t believe I’m still alive.

Posts: 33 | Registered: June 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1967 Plymouth Valiant 225 Slant 6 with an automatic transmission. Didn't even have a radio.

Posts: 775 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
1972 Saab 99LE - 2-door, 4-banger, key on the floor, front wheel drive weirdness

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:

second was a Fiat X1/9

I always wanted to have one of those. What kind of problems did you have with it?

Loved the look of these little things!

It was Italian Wink

The tranny mainly.....never did work right

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post