SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looks like Lightfoot is outta here
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looks like Lightfoot is outta here Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
"Breaking" Big Grin

Posts: 107681 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
ET phone home.

Posts: 11173 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
So glad.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6421 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
She's already been crying 'racism'. It's not that she absolutely and totally SUCKS at her job. No, it's that she's black and gay and female and whatever else.

She's as bright as she is talented.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Well, that's a shame. Where's Jerry??

Q

Posts: 26441 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19598 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16718 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank God you just meant skanky Lori; I was afraid that something bad happened to Gordon!

Posts: 1704 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank God we won’t have to look at that face or listen to that gravel gargled in phlegm voice anymore.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5166 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
She was afraid to cross the black community to address crime and instead pivoted to gun control, racism and anything else that deflected away from the blacks, including hating on LEO.

People have had enough.

Posts: 4084 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Serious question as I don’t follow Chicago politics and I have no idea who those other folks are.
Will it really make any positive difference?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25435 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16718 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Both of the 2 currently in the lead are farther left than she is, I'm glad she's gone, but I wonder what the city is going to be in for now?....

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6219 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Serious question as I don’t follow Chicago politics and I have no idea who those other folks are.

It cannot be any worse than it already is.

Q

Posts: 26441 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not really, but this slug needs to go. It would be hard to do worse than this joke of a human being.

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
A Democrat will replace a Democrat, are people expecting a dramatic shift towards normalcy or do they really understand the corrupt Chicago political machine will continue grinding forward?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37991 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's the principle of the matter. Lightfoot absolutely deserves to go, no matter what happens now.

Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:

No, not too much. The problems in the City are numerous and substantial. A new mayor can only do so much when pitted against the City Council, County Board, Illinois legislature, Governor, teacher’s union, and other interest groups.

I see this election was more about giving Lightfoot the boot. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a politician alienate people as quickly and as completely as she has.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6421 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
Both of the 2 currently in the lead are farther left than she is, I'm glad she's gone, but I wonder what the city is going to be in for now?....

Not sure where you got that "farther left" from. I don't know anything about Chicago politics, but a quick glance at Wiki on Vallas' 2023 Chicago mayoral candidacy would dispute that claim.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Vallas

quote:
In June 2022, Vallas announced his candidacy for mayor again in the 2023 election, challenging incumbent Mayor Lori Lightfoot.[52] Vallas has been a critic of the Lightfoot administration over what he characterizes as her lack of accountability in the rise of crime and violence in the city.[53]

Vallas's campaign staff includes a number of nationally prominent consultants, including Joe Trippi as its senior strategist and media advisor[54] Vallas's campaign also employs pollster Mark Mellman.[55]

The month that he launched his campaign, Vallas appeared at a fundraising event for Awake IL, a political not-for-profit that has been criticized for its anti-LGBTQ rhetoric.[56] In August 2022, Vallas condemned the group saying "I am a lifelong Democrat who has spent my entire adult life fighting hateful rhetorical and hateful groups."[57] His claim of being a "lifelong Democrat" was called into question by some, who pointed to campaign contributions from prominent Republican donor Michael Keiser and Chicago Board of Elections records listing Vallas as having voted in the 2022 Republican Party primary election.[58] The Chicago Board of Elections later told reporters that Vallas had not voted in the Republican primary, and records that showed him as having done so were due to a "coding error."[59]

Vallas has centered his candidacy on the issue of crime. Vallas has also promised that he would extend both the length of the school day and the school year. He has also pledged that he would give "100% choice" to parents as to what schools their children attend.[60]

Vallas is the only white, non-Hispanic candidate on the ballot in the 2023 mayoral election. Seven of the other candidates are Black, while one is Latino. Edward Robert McClelland of Chicago magazine remarked that his being the sole White candidate means that, unlike in the 2019 mayoral election, "[Vallas] doesn't have to share that constituency with Bill Daley, Jerry Joyce, or Garry McCarthy." McClelland also regarded Vallas to be running as a police-friendly candidate.[61] Similarly, Justin Kaufman of Axios opined that Vallas is "the candidate most likely to court the police and firefighter vote."[62] Vallas received the endorsement of Chicago's Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) lodge, which serves as the city's police union.[63]

Many view Vallas as being either a conservative or politically moderate candidate.[64][65] He has been characterized as conservative compared to other candidates running for mayor.[66] He has received significant campaign donations from sources considered politically conservative.[67] Lightfoot and fellow candidate Chuy García have sought to cast Vallas as aligned with the Republican Party.[64][68] During the campaign, Lightfoot has characterized Vallas as being her most conservative challenger.[60] Lightfoot and García both have accused Vallas of being inadequately pro-choice, despite Vallas having a past record of claiming to be pro-choice and past endorsements from Planned Parenthood and Personal PAC during his 2002 gubernatorial and 2014 lieutenant gubernatorial campaigns.[68][69] They have pointed to a 2009 interview in which Vallas declared himself to be "more of a Republican than a Democrat because, fundamentally, I oppose abortion",[69] and stated that "if I were to run for office again, I would run as a Republican".[70] Another line of attack for Lightfoot and García has been Vallas's relationship with and endorsement from the city's police union. Lightfoot has characterized Vallas's FOP endorsement as undermining Vallas's claim to have been a "lifelong Democrat". García has cast Vallas's closeness to the FOP as indicating that there would be "no police accountability" under a Vallas mayoralty. García has also derided the police union as being "far right".[71]

Not saying Vallas will be a far right conservative, but he cannot be any worse than Lightfoot. Would like to hear what Chicago members have to say.

Q

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:

Not sure who you are referring to but Vallas is not by any means a Leftist. The other guy however is and could actually be worse than Lightfoot. And he could win.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post