SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Announcing the SIGforum 9mm and 5.56 Ammunition Group Buy
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Announcing the SIGforum 9mm and 5.56 Ammunition Group Buy Login/Join 
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
Thanks Beagle, package was delivered either Thursday night or really early Friday. Package was there when I left for work early Fri AM.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4354 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Mr Beagle!

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Mine arrived Friday. I will post a range report; I am anticipating getting out this week.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8513 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the slow replies to everyone! I just got back from a weeklong conference and was so excited to see all of your emails and your posts.

I really cannot thank you all enough for believing in the project and all of the trust and faith you put in us to deliver. All of you (especially Para) made this an easy process, our manufacturer came through in a big way to let us order a smaller batch to get this off the ground, and so far all I’ve gotten back is positive news.

Again, I am very grateful to all of you for helping get this off the ground and for all the kind and supportive comments all the way through.

If you get a chance, please be sure to post pictures (that way I can check to see how it was packaged and have you all help me out with QC) and a range report. Would love to know what you shot it in, and most importantly how it shoots!

Again, I am very grateful to all of you for helping get this off the ground and for all the kind and supportive comments all the way through.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
I didn’t take advantage of this offer because I didn’t need to, and I admit to have wondered when it was announced whether it would turn out like so many other similar efforts that I’ve seen over the years. Many—probably most—have failed and led to frustration and recriminations because they were too ambitious and one or more key factors necessary for their success were impossible in the end. This one struck me as very ambitious as well, and I can only imagine what efforts it took to make it a success.

Kudos to everyone, especially Legal Beagle, but also all those whose trust in an activity sanctioned by the forum made it a success.

This post made my day. Big Grin

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Legal Beagle:
This post made my day. Big Grin

Good, because you deserved it! Smile

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
LB

Box arrived in excellent condition given the weight. No tears anywhere.

Inside is two 500 lot sealed bags.

Will email you photos.

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Mine arrived Friday as well, bagged up well and nothing loose inside, but the box was on the verge of failing. Not a complaint, just relaying it per your request. I’ll send you a pic soon.

Not sure when I’ll hit the range, but I’ll report back!

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you get a chance, please be sure to post pictures (that way I can check to see how it was packaged and have you all help me out with QC) and a range report.

No range report yet, but packing and shipping were nicely done.

Selfishly, I hope this was a big enough success that it can be repeated. Cool

This message has been edited. Last edited by: vthoky,

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many thanks. I received my 9mm last week and will try it out once Ida’s rain passes by. Any idea when the 5.56 is expected to ship?

Posts: 985 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
Thank you Legal Beagle! Package arrived on Friday, no problems with packaging.

Hopefully, everyone involved can make this happen again!

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tejas421:
Many thanks. I received my 9mm last week and will try it out once Ida’s rain passes by. Any idea when the 5.56 is expected to ship?

I’ll check in with them on Monday and see if I can get a firm date for all of you.

Thanks for the feedback on the shipping for the 9mm, will let them know that either more box or more tape to hold it together is needed Smile

Please please send range reports as soon as you can, really excited to see how it shoots in a variety of platforms.

I wasn’t expecting any negative news but was prepared for some. So far, however, everything has been very positive so appreciate everyone keeping me posted. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whanson_wi:
Order arrived today. The cardboard of the box was a little underweight, so the box was kind of lozenge shaped, but the exterior was well taped and so the packaging didn't fail.

THANK YOU, LEGAL BEAGLE!

Same report from Louisville. White box basically held together with shipping tape. Two 500 round bulk packs. Broke down one, Brass and bullets look good. But did find about 10% with burrs on the base rims. Haven't hit range yet, so can't judge impact of the burr. Anyone else notice bases with burrs? Very happy with my purchase!

Posts: 225 | Location: Saint Matthews, KY | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No firm date yet on 5.56 but they’re getting ready to spin up production on that order as soon as the last of the 9 mm leaves the shipping dock on this order. Will keep you posted, also working with them on improving the shipping container/packaging situation. Thanks to everybody for the great feedback and all the positive comments, has been very rewarding to see that you are all happy and ready to burn some ammo on range reports!! Big Grin

Picture of stu1000rr
posted Hide Post
Leagal Beagle,

Any update on when we can expect the shipments of 5.56 to start rolling out?

Len

Posts: 265 | Location: Southwest Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not yet, should be any day for 5.56. On detail, but will check in again on Monday with them and see where we're at, maybe shipping delays with hurricanes? Appreciate the patience, will post info as soon as I have it.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I managed to make it to the range today. Among the ammo I shot, I managed to put 100 rounds of this 9mm through a couple of my Glocks, both G17s. No functioning issues. The ammo seems accurate, a bit warmer than Federal American Eagle 124 grain fmj, but certainly nothing approaching the feel of +P. I couldn't tell you about consistency of brass ejection because I was on the lane of an indoor shooting range.

My overall impression from the small amount I shot today is that this is perfectly fine practice ammunition. I prefer it over the run-of-the-mill American Eagle 124 grain stuff.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not yet, should be any day for 5.56. On detail, but will check in again on Monday with them and see where we're at, maybe shipping delays with hurricanes? Appreciate the patience, will post info as soon as I have it.

Any update on the 5.56, Mr. Beagle?

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the eval, para. I haven't shot any yet.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I shot 199 rounds last week, evenly between a Glock 19 and a P365.

I second Para’s opinion, I’ll buy again if the opportunity arises and the price is right.

I did have one double feed with the Glock. Not sure if that was ammo or user-induced.

I also found one round, what would have made the 200th, severely compromised by a bad, off-center pressing. I’ll shoot you a picture of it when I get home in a few weeks. It would probably have chambered and probably would have led to a significant failure had I not caught it (but it was very obvious when loading).

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post