SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Announcing the SIGforum 9mm and 5.56 Ammunition Group Buy
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Announcing the SIGforum 9mm and 5.56 Ammunition Group Buy Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bschuu:
Damn, great idea and great Community to come together and help each other out!

I'd love to take advantage but with a newborn, I'll have to pass.

Congratulations on such a great task and start up!!

Thanks for all you do, Legal Beagle!
/bump

Congrats!!! Email me your details and I will send you 100 rounds. Smile

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:
I have been watching this and would like to participate but cannot find exactly what brand this 9mm ammo is. Any information?

This is private label, put together for us by a well known manufacturer.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow is the last day for orders! Super excited to get this underway. Big Grin

On Monday, I will send out invoices with payment instructions etc., so please keep an eye out for it.

Thanks again to everyone who made this project a reality!

Picture of bschuu
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Legal Beagle:
quote:
Originally posted by bschuu:
Damn, great idea and great Community to come together and help each other out!

I'd love to take advantage but with a newborn, I'll have to pass.

Congratulations on such a great task and start up!!

Thanks for all you do, Legal Beagle!
/bump

Congrats!!! Email me your details and I will send you 100 rounds. Smile

Far too kind!
Sent an email but with additional questions Wink

"I've heard it said that God made all men, but Samuel Colt made all men equal."

Posts: 138 | Location: CA --> TN | Registered: July 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Congrats!!! Email me your details and I will send you 100 rounds.

Awesome!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38672 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last day! I got wreckdiver covered, still have room for more! Tomorrow will send out invoices and place the order, thanks again to everyone!!!

Picture of dmac82
posted Hide Post
Last Minute Addition!
Email Sent

Posts: 634 | Location: lost in the mountains | Registered: November 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't know if it was asked but does the price include shipping?

Posts: 17 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: January 31, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prices include shipping, extending last call for orders until 8pm Eastern tonight, will invoice everyone this evening. Many many thanks!!

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I didn't order because I don't shoot much any more and I am very well stocked w ammo.

I hope you don't mind if I post this story that seems germane.

https://thereload.com/manufact...retch-out-for-years/

Manufacturers Say Ammo Shortage Will Stretch Out for Years

“On certain products, we are certainly seeing backlogs that stretch out two years and beyond,” Brett Flaugher, president of Winchester Ammunition, told The Reload. “For those who shoot 9mm and 5.56 ammunition, which are both in high demand, it’s very uncertain how long it will be before people will consistently have ammunition readily available.”

“I’m looking at two and a half years’ worth of demand already on order,” Jason Hornady, vice president of Hornady Manufacturing Company, told The Reload. “So, I’m not seeing a slowdown for two and a half years.”

lots more at the link

Posts: 19569 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
We're invoices sent?

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
I didn't order because I don't shoot much any more and I am very well stocked w ammo.

I hope you don't mind if I post this story that seems germane.

https://thereload.com/manufact...retch-out-for-years/

Manufacturers Say Ammo Shortage Will Stretch Out for Years

“On certain products, we are certainly seeing backlogs that stretch out two years and beyond,” Brett Flaugher, president of Winchester Ammunition, told The Reload. “For those who shoot 9mm and 5.56 ammunition, which are both in high demand, it’s very uncertain how long it will be before people will consistently have ammunition readily available.”

“I’m looking at two and a half years’ worth of demand already on order,” Jason Hornady, vice president of Hornady Manufacturing Company, told The Reload. “So, I’m not seeing a slowdown for two and a half years.”

lots more at the link

Thanks so much for posting that article! My local clays group has a high volume dealer account with Fiocchi and my rep was looking at a 3 year backlog on metallic cartridges. I really appreciate everyone digging deep and supporting this project so we can get an initial order in and then hopefully build a pipeline of 100 round or 250 round boxes on a regular basis to support the forum’s collective shooting habits. Smile

Invoices went out this evening (thanks Belwolf and dzozer for letting me know they hadn’t gone out yet) and we finally got Zelle sorted out, so now comes ordering the ammunition and waiting for the supplier to carry us across the finish line.

I’ll keep posting updates here and would ask that you do the same!

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Payment sent via paypal. Different name, but used the address you linked in your email.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38672 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t think Zelle is sorted out. Tried paying that way and Chase cancelled the payment and locked me out of my account until I can get hold of customer service. Will try another method.

Posts: 251 | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by equivet:
I don’t think Zelle is sorted out. Tried paying that way and Chase cancelled the payment and locked me out of my account until I can get hold of customer service. Will try another method.

I had very similar issues. Had to go the PayPal route.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8527 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have never used Zelle before but my local bank advertised Zelle as a benefit if you download their app. I tried but the transaction limit was exceeded, so I went with P.P.

Posts: 341 | Location: Bardstown, Ky | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by equivet:

I used Venmo last night and it worked just fine.

Posts: 33787 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to everyone who supported the project!

I still need to hear from:

bschuu
Bulldog7972
Mr. Peteroniman
whanson_wi
wyldelee

So far, I have all the details I need from:

6guns
Belwolf
bkmooney
bobandmikako
chbibc
chongosuerte
crue-dell
davetruong
dmac82
dzozer
equivet
marksman41
nhtagmember
PASig
phxtoad
rizzle
Skull Leader
TampaSIG
tejas421
timdogg6
VictimNoMore
vthoky
webdog44
wetdawg
wildheartedson0105
wreckdiver

Give me a shout if you need anything; I'll wrap everything up next week.

I hope you have an enjoyable weekend and can take a moment to remember absent friends and those who gave their full measure.

posted Hide Post
Really glad I got in on this!! Was really touch and go for a bit. Shipping date puts my mind at ease too. Will be in Alaska for 10 days next month.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hope everyone is enjoying Memorial Day weekend as a time to be with family and friends and remembering absent ones.

To finalize our order next week, I still need to hear from:

bschuu
Bulldog7972
Mr. Peteroniman
whanson_wi
wyldelee

If you could get with me as soon as you have a chance, I’d appreciate it!

Thanks!