SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Contemplating the value of carrying a fixed blade knfe in these troubled times
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Contemplating the value of carrying a fixed blade knfe in these troubled times Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
That is a great looking knife. Can it be purchased just like that, same grips, color...?
https://knifeworks.com/esee-5-...-black-kydex-sheath/

Posts: 107223 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Dumb question: what's the paracord at the bottom of the sheath? How does one use it? It's too small of a loop to wrap around the thigh....

I thought it was for tying through the rivet holes to make a belt loop, or to PALS webbing.

Posts: 9941 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I would think you'd put it on your wrist so you don't lose the knife when in use, be it peeling an apple or against a threat, you know slippery hands, wet work...

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
That ESEE-5 seems like a good deal. That's about what I paid a few years ago, and prices seem to have jumped on knives recently.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://fallkniven.se/en/knife/g1z-garm-fighter/

I'm just going to leave this here

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8313 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
That is a great looking knife. Can it be purchased just like that, same grips, color...?
https://knifeworks.com/esee-5-...-black-kydex-sheath/

Thanks. The description matches yours but the picture looks like different grips. I guess it’s just the wrong picture??

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7933 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No, that's the same knife. The color rendition of my photo is off a bit, but not by much. It may be that some examples of this model have blonde grips, but I think what you're likely to get is one that looks like mine.

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Thanks again. Ordering now.

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Posts: 7933 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Almost 90 days to Christmas, so I went to Knife Center's website. The long desired Cold Steel SRK in CPM-3V was in stock; ordered one! It was about $6 less than my earlier San Mai blade SRK purchase.

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I remember when Cold Steel introduced the SRK in the 1980s. It's surprising, with all the knives I've owned, that I never gotten around to one of those. I'd like to see this 3V version put through its paces.

ruger357, did you get your ESEE-5?

Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
The one knife that I really like that fits in this thread is one of the Swamp Rat knives. Don't know which one as I think I bought it here many years ago. Is the perfect size. Seems really well built. I really do not know much about them. But have always felt it was a really good fixed blade knife.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19089 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I remember when Cold Steel introduced the SRK in the 1980s. It's surprising, with all the knives I've owned, that I never gotten around to one of those. I'd like to see this 3V version put through its paces.

I found this on YouTube; mine will not be Italian made as this reviewer has. Description on the site when ordering said made in Taiwan. Should help, Para.

https://youtu.be/kmWJi8zNqx4

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just saw this. As you probably saw in the other thread, I did get my esee5 and I’ll get a picture up hopefully tomorrow. Love it.

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Picture of lsjfwao
posted Hide Post
I know I’m late to the party but reading through this thread got me thinking. I have a buck 119 that I’d like to concealed carry. The standard sheath doesn’t lend itself to that very well. Any ideas or leads on a lower profile sheath for iwb, owb, or scout carry? General thoughts on edc of a knife that size are appreciated as well. Cheers.

Posts: 36 | Location: Virginia | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lsjfwao:
Any ideas or leads on a lower profile sheath for iwb, owb, or scout carry?

Reach out to Tom at Dark Star Gear or Matt at Zulu Bravo. Both have extended experience in sheaths for carry knives and their attachment systems are are fight tested

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lsjfwao
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
quote:
Originally posted by lsjfwao:
Any ideas or leads on a lower profile sheath for iwb, owb, or scout carry?

Reach out to Tom at Dark Star Gear or Matt at Zulu Bravo. Both have extended experience in sheaths for carry knives and their attachment systems are are fight tested

Thanks for the leads!

Posts: 36 | Location: Virginia | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of the older US made Cold Steel SRK in what they call Carbon V which apparently is just 1095. Takes some work but will get a good sharp edge.

Posts: 4733 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post