SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The BBQ Thread
Page 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The BBQ Thread Login/Join 
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Smoked a NY Strip Loin and fried up some Walleye.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1731 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
That looks amazing surf and turf Minnesota style with the wally. That 1919 root beer is crazy good. Comes from my hometown brewery Schells.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
You guys and your highfalutin outdoor kitchen pavilions. Roll Eyes Yes, I’m envious. Big Grin It rained twice yesterday and my temperature graph for the 15 flippin’ hour cook resembled the Himalayas. I finished the 10lb butt in the oven for the last 2 hours because I didn’t feel like starting more charcoal.

I was with my daughter at a church member’s house baking unleavened bread for my daughter’s confirmation today when I saw the temperature start to drop precipitously. It texted my wife to open the vents a bit, she wasn’t home, but she said it was pouring rain.

It pulled beautifully at midnight and we’re going to late service, so I got some sleep. Lunch will be good eats!

Posts: 10949 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
I smoked a brisket overnight.

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
quote:
You guys and your highfalutin outdoor kitchen pavilions.

Haha, it's been so shitty here we have yet to get out there this year. May 1st and it's either been in the 30's, raining, all day long wind gusts up to 60MPH, or all 3 since March 1st. Maybe had 3 really nice days in there. It's been the worst spring I can remember! We had a hail storm here last week, 6K worth of damage to my Tundra, roof siding and windows all damaged, and the not even 1 year old steel roof on our pavilion is covered in dents.

Jeff that brisket looks fabulous.

Posts: 1731 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
Walleye is my favorite fish. Particularly fried.

Posts: 1634 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Dinner was brisket, a quick slaw with carrots, Brussel spouts, cabbage and fresh salsa verde.

Salsa verde recipe

https://www.foodnetwork.com/re...erde-recipe0-1945795

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Jeff,

That looks amazing. Glad the retirement life is treating you well.

Posts: 13115 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jeff,

That brisket looks awesome!!

Posts: 6620 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I think the cost per cherry tomato is down to 30 cents a piece, but left over pulled pork:

It needed something though. Maybe Mr. Yarchin’s salsa verde.

Posts: 10949 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Bone-In pork loin today!

silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
I got a RecTeq 590 for Christmas, I’m a newbie to the smoking game but got a pork shoulder on for pulled pork today, did baby back ribs a couple weeks ago, they were darn tasty

Posts: 2338 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xantom:
Bone-In pork loin today!

I did one a few months ago and while delicious, it didn’t pick up much smoke flavor. I’m guessing because I didn’t trim the fat cap and the bones.

McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’m guessing because I didn’t trim the fat cap and the bones.

Hmm, I haven't done either of those things to my pork loins and have had great results on my barrel cooker. What type cooker are you using? Not sure I would totally remove the fat cap, maybe try scoring it??

I am going to use apple wood on my offset today for these.

What fun, this was my first cook on the offset this year. The bigger half took quite bit longer to cook. Turned out excellent.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: xantom,

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Nothing better that Bacon Day.
I have been "roughing" it for a few days with jut some leftover pork belly from my bacon cut and it's not bad but it's not the same.

Just off the smoker and cooled for a day:

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Looks amazing!

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Pork belly burnt end for dinner.

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xantom:

Hmm, I haven't done either of those things to my pork loins and have had great results on my barrel cooker. What type cooker are you using? Not sure I would totally remove the fat cap, maybe try scoring it??

An 18.5” Weber Smokey Mountain. I probably had the heat to high.

posted Hide Post

8 pound boneless lamb leg smoked with Hickory. Just about 6 hours on the kettle.
Simple seasoning of salt, pepper, granulated garlic, oregano and thyme. I did rub it down with good olive oil and lemon juice before seasoning and that's how my family has done lamb every Greek Orthodox Easter so I know it's good.
Battled a little bit of wind this morning and it spiked the temperature a bit. Half hour rest and then I'll slice it.
Enjoy. Smile

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I'm jealous joatmonv. I do love a good lamb. I'm partial to rosemary with the oregano though.

Curious what temp you cooked that to. With the juices running it looks just right.

Posts: 20103 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post