SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The BBQ Thread
Page 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The BBQ Thread Login/Join 
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12922 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I've got six pounds in the fridge to be smoked tomorrow.

Posts: 20108 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
This thread is SO much better than the SPAM thread. Cool

Posts: 22910 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Publix, at least the stores near me, has boned and tied standing rib roast on sale for $6.99 a pound until tomorrow. Not really a BBQ cut, but it’s good cooked low and slow then reverse seared.

Thanks Trapper. I was able to take advantage of that sale in Oxford Alabama. Cooked it up tonight and it was pretty awesome.

War Eagle!

Posts: 129 | Location: Alabama | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
This thread is SO much better than the SPAM thread. Cool

There's a spam thread?? Big Grin

Got to get a pork belly going here. Man that looks good Jeff.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1732 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
My Son bought one of these Yoders which caused my daughter to buy one, which caused me to buy one, Too. I just got got the monster and haven't even fired it up yet.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
You will love it!

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Made in USA pellet smoker. That's the ticket! Enjoy!

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23263 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Last night, I used the BGE at 225 as the first step in reverse searing a 17 ounce prime grade NY strip. The searing was in a pan on my range. The pan had been preheated in a 400 degree oven that was being used to roast the brussel sprouts.

Before:

After:

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23263 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
^^^ ...nice tatortodd but you lose style points for no money shot of the inside cut after the cook. Razz

Posts: 22910 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
^^ It was about an hour later than I normally eat and I was starving. Pretty proud of myself for even taking that shot.

Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Made some BBQ and BBQ slaw for my boys 4th birthday party.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Looks great as always! Can you share the slaw recipe?

Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
Looks great as always! Can you share the slaw recipe?

Yeah, would love to share. It's so good!

2/3 cup of ketchup
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup of white sugar
2 tsp. Texas Pete (or your favorite hot sauce)
2 tsp. kosher salt
2 tsp. ground black pepper
1 medium head of cabbage, cored and finely chopped. (I've found by hand yielded better results than a food processor)

1. In a large bowl, whisk together the ketchup, vinegar, sugar, hot sauce, salt and pepper.

2. Mix the cabbage in and toss the mixture until well mixed. Let it sit, tossing occasionally for 20 minutes. It tastes best after sitting the in refrigerator over night.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
Made some BBQ and BBQ slaw for my boys 4th birthday party.

Man that all looks good!

Posts: 3596 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
MRBTX

Thanks a lot!

It's the gift that keeps giving lol. I think I'll do quesadillas tomorrow.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

posted Hide Post
So.. are we all meeting up at Para's house for a celebratory BBQ sometime soon? We'll either have a big time or him yelling for us kids to get off the lawn, so it'll be fun either way! Cool

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Tonight it was Ribs on my Jim Bowie Green Mountain Grill

I used the 3-2-1 method.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3485 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Legal Beagle:
So.. are we all meeting up at Para's house for a celebratory BBQ sometime soon? We'll either have a big time or him yelling for us kids to get off the lawn, so it'll be fun either way! Cool

I'm totally down for bringing the BBQ!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
P938 SAS
P365 FDE