SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Proud Boys Members???
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Proud Boys Members??? Login/Join 
posted
All,

Not sure this has been discussed previously or not, but are any of you "Proud Boys"?

I just spent several hours reading, watching and listening to many of their media posts and history. I have come to the conclusion that they seem like the type of men I would like to be around, hang out with and socialize with (I am not a member of the Elks Club, VFW, Moose Lodge, Shriners or any other fraternal mens clubs). There is a chapter local to me, which is convenient.

I need to expand my network of like minded men that I can turn to if things go sideways in the future.

I'd like to hear from those that are Proud Boys and those who have considered it, but decided against it (and why).

The "Boz"

Posts: 1533 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I’m very interested in the members opinions on this group as well. Thank you for the post and I’m eager to read the responses.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
Not sure how many replies you will get.

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1728 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I actually was on there website today. There’s chapters everywhere. Gonna do some further research and we’ll where it goes from there.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
They had a rally last weekend and I watched some of it on youtube.
Pretty diverse group of people from what I seen. Hardly white supremacist.
Samoan group from Utah, which seemed to have a few groups or chapters.
The guy I was listening to was black and he was being blasted in the comments for being a Tom, duped into forgetting his heritage, the usual stupid shit they say.
All for saying he didn't want to be labeled as an African-American, he was an American.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
All for saying he didn't want to be labeled as an African-American, he was an American.

Good for him!

If the Proud Boys are the worst "white supremacists" the MSM can find, they need to rethink this whole systemic racism thing. Right, like they'll rethink anything.

Posts: 18070 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Heard a story on NPR on The Proud Boys. They spent a surprisingly long time trying to explain the group. Labeling them white supremacists while providing evidence to the contrary.

If you have to try that hard to explain how a group is racist, they probably aren’t.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
I put in my application but have yet to hear back. I'm starting to think at 60 years old they may not want me.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The descriptions of the Proud Boys found when searching the web sound more like a description of antifa for the most part. Other than that, it’s a bunch of hysterical tossing about of sjw buzzwords.

Posts: 775 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This post is a joke, right?

They are the definition of a white supremacist hate group.

"In 2002, for instance, when a New York Press reporter asked McInnes what he thought about his neighbors in New York’s Williamsburg neighborhood, he responded, “Well, at least they’re not n------ or Puerto Ricans. At least they’re white."

Read the other quotes and facts that the Southern Poverty Law Center has compiled about their founder, or the quotes and facts listed in Wikipedia, or the data compiled by the Anti-Defamation League, and the FBI.

Regardless of whether you agree with the conclusions or slant of any of these sites or organizations, the facts are the facts, the convictions for gang attacks are convictions, and their quotes are their quotes, despite their denials.

Posts: 514 | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Read the other quotes and facts that the Southern Poverty Law Center has compiled about their founder,

I was OK to go along until I saw the SPLC cited as a source.
We know they make hundreds of millions of dollars, much stored offshore, falsely smearing conservative organizations as "hate groups". Amazon, for one, uses the SPLC as a source to determine whether 501c3's should qualify for the Amazon Smile donations.

quote:
On Wednesday, Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) pressed Amazon Founder and CEO Jeff Bezos on his company’s shameful reliance on the far-left smear factory the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) to exclude nonprofits from the AmazonSmile charity platform. The SPLC smears mainstream conservative and Christian groups as “hate groups,” placing them on a list with the Ku Klux Klan. In May, Amazon’s board of directors rejected a proposal to fight viewpoint discrimination and stop using the SPLC list.

Gaetz brought up the SPLC during a Big Tech hearing with the House Judiciary Committee.

“Mr. Bezos, I am deeply moved by your personal story, I am not here accusing you as someone who would traffic in hate but it seems you have empowered people who do, and I am particularly talking about the Southern Poverty Law Center,” the congressman began.

“The Southern Poverty Law Center, which you allow to dictate who can receive donations on your AmazonSmile platform, have said the Catholic Family News, Catholic Family Ministries, the Federation for American Immigration Reform, the American Family Association, the Family Research Council, the Jewish Defense League, even Dr. Ben Carson, are extremists and should be treated differently,” Gaetz explained.

Link: PJ Media

Posts: 18070 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TAllen01...

HAHAHAHA... Every one of your sources isn't worth a shit and I would not waste my time reading any of them.

Your sources are as valid as me stating, "I heard TAllen01 is a cunt... I read it in a bathroom stall".

Who the hell cares if they are labeled that by those sources... In the past year I have been labeled racist, misogynistic, toxically male and being privileged all because I am a white man who does not believe the democrat narrative.

Respectfully... get da fuck out of here with that trash.

To the rest of you... thanks for your replies so far.

The "Boz"

Posts: 1533 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone actually know any members or is it just what you've read on the internet?

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13402 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
I'm reasonably sure they're not all white supremacists.

I'm reasonably sure that at least some are.

How widespread? How many? Don't know. Don't particularly care. Doesn't matter to me whether there's one known turd floating in a swimming pool or twenty... I'm not swimming in that pool. YMMV.

Posts: 2466 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:

Roll Eyes No, but you are, for citing SPLC as your "source." You might as well have used The Atlantic.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TAllen01:

"In 2002, for instance, when a New York Press reporter asked McInnes what he thought about his neighbors in New York’s Williamsburg neighborhood, he responded, “Well, at least they’re not n------ or Puerto Ricans. At least they’re white."

Read the other quotes and facts that the Southern Poverty Law Center has compiled about their founder, or the quotes and facts listed in Wikipedia, or the data compiled by the Anti-Defamation League, and the FBI.

Regardless of whether you agree with the conclusions or slant of any of these sites or organizations, the facts are the facts, the convictions for gang attacks are convictions, and their quotes are their quotes, despite their denials.

Good grief. The Southern Poverty Law Center is itself a hate group. If you believe the propaganda coming from that radical leftist organization, you are already lost.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TAllen01:

You might want to let their national president know he is the head of a white supremacist hate group.
Enrique Tarrio
It doesn't quite fit your narrative.

Posts: 3240 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High Speed Low Drag
Operator in the Innis Mode
Picture of Ke Bo Li
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/i/status/1311413755633381381

in his own words

I think the "check engine" light is burned out

Posts: 710 | Location: Portland,OR | Registered: October 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I don't care much to join any organization (present company excepted.) However, the enemies they have made are very telling. When the likes of SPLC, TAllen, Kate Brown, the jerkoff mayors of Portland and Seattle, etc. call them "white supremacists" and "terrorists," I tend to believe the opposite.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
I think the phrase "white supremacist," as thrown around by cnn et al, is analogous to "witch" in the old days, ie. it aint a real fucking thing that exists. I know nothing about this proud boy group tho, so will be reading to learn.

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post