SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2019 NHL Playoffs Thread
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2019 NHL Playoffs Thread Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chellim1,

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
The Bruins and Predators (two favorite teams in that order) are both gonna have to nut up to stay in this thing...on the road, no less. Mad

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
The caps didn't take that no goal well. Ok, Ovi didn't take that no goal well.

Happy to see it pushed to Game 7.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Watched that Caps goal at gym and no one could figure out why it was called back. Crazy third period

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
no one could figure out why it was called back.

Just saw that the refs said it was pushed illegally under the goalies pads by Ovi. Basically would have been goaltender interference per rule 69.3

https://nbcprohockeytalk.files.../04/explanation.jpeg

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Dallas defeats Nashville in OT.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Well crap.

Sharks are still alive.

Posts: 3662 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If goalies are important in the playoffs, I can’t understand why so many pundits write-off the Stars. Bishop went .945 in Nashville series, and Nashville went 0-14 on the PP.

The Winter Classic should be fun to watch next January between Dallas/Nashville.

Dallas/St. Louis should be another good series, but I give the Blues the early edge.

I Drink & I Know Things

Posts: 352 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
quote:

Just saw that the refs said it was pushed illegally under the goalies pads by Ovi. Basically would have been goaltender interference per rule 69.3

I saw him pushing a puck, not a pad. I'm no expert though.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
quote:

He darn near pushed the goalie into the goal... I don’t know why this is controversial.

-----------------------
be safe.

Posts: 260 | Location: DFW, Texas | Registered: June 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoinRoller:

The Winter Classic should be fun to watch next January between Dallas/Nashville.

I got tickets!!! Cool Big Grin

Posts: 4501 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barsad0:
quote:
quote:
quote:

He darn near pushed the goalie into the goal... I don’t know why this is controversial.

Likely because the puck was in the net before the goalie was pushed in.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16402 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barsad0:
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's not. I saw different angles. The ones showed immediately afterwards it's not clear. Him pushing the goalie happened after he shot the puck. He hit his blocker with his stick, that was what the wave off was for.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Dallas defeats Nashville in OT.

Nashville nutted up, but Bishop just wouldn't bend or break. Plus losing Simmonds, for whom Nashville acquired for the playoffs, getting hurt didn't help the situation. Nashville just couldn't score a power play goal and their season literally depended on that.

Best of luck to Dallas in the west...they deserve to be in the 2nd round!

GO BRUINS!!! Need to see a LOT of this tonight...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better lucky than good
Picture of r2mach1
posted Hide Post
2 game 7's tonight and 1 more tomorrow...good stuff Maynard! Cool

Class III FFL/SOT firearms dealer

Posts: 3645 | Location: Fort Morgan, Colorado | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post

OK! There WAS a "lot of that" tonight!! Big Grin Yeah...the team nutted up pretty good, but it was Tuukka Rask that was the primary nutter upper and put the rest of the team on his back. He was the #1 star and deservedly so!

One thing that stands out to me is that the Bergeron line got shut down pretty good in the series, but not completely. But the YUUUGE thumb in the eye...Pastrnak played like crap the last 2 or 3 games. I don't know what funk that boy is in, but he had better unass it before Columbus comes to town. I don't necessarily agree with taking Pastrnak off Bergeron's line and putting him down with Krejci's line. I think the chemistry is better with Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak. JMHO after watching the Bruins for almost 50 years...

Better make it a medium...I only have 2 minutes.

posted Hide Post
Blue Jackets and the Bruins...

GAME ON!!!

The "Boz"

Posts: 1532 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Right now the fan meltdown in Toronto makes it the Fukushima of the NHL. Will be fun reading their local paper the next few days. He pitchforks and torches will be out in front of Babcock’s home. Cassidy really out coached the $50M man.

On to Columbus!

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2387 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sharks. Are you kidding me 4 goals in 5 minutes in the 3rd period ?! This game 7 giving me anxiety

Posts: 4770 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
I went to bed when it was 3-0 Vegas, I assumed it was done. I woke up and checked and Sharks win 5-4 in OT. Part of me wants the Sharks to finally win it all.

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post