SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2019 NHL Playoffs Thread
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2019 NHL Playoffs Thread Login/Join 
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Great game, guys!

Nothing against the Blues, but it looked to me more that San Jose self destructed than they got beat.

As I was watching the game I thought to myself that the Sharks are playing so bad that St Louis could pull all their players and San Jose would manage an own goal and lose anyway. Big Grin

EDIT: I only saw the end of the 2nd and the 3rd period of the game. I just watched the game summary video and see now how thoroughly the Blues had whipped the Sharks by the 3rd period.

At the 13:26 mark of the 2nd period the Blues had 13 shots on goal to the Sharks 1. Eek

But, San Jose did look awful in the 3rd. In the summary I watched, one of the broadcasters had this to say of the Sharks when St. Louis scored its fourth goal: "You've got a demoralized team here ... Completely beat up ... Making poor decisions ... They're stumbling over each other at this point".

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6405 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
San Jose did look awful in the 3rd. In the summary I watched, one of the broadcasters had this to say of the Sharks when St. Louis scored its fourth goal: "You've got a demoralized team here ... Completely beat up ... Making poor decisions ... They're stumbling over each other at this point".

^^^ That's how Blues fans felt in 2016 when the same two teams played for the Western Conference championship. The Blues self destructed in game 5-6.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
LET'S GO BLUES!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Kenny Albert on Blues goalie Binnington: "He makes it look easy".

He sure does. He is having a great game. Razz

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6405 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
It's going to be a great Cup finale.

SJS just looked overworked and tired. Never got it going and the absence of players didn't help but it just wasn't Game 6 but that last few games where they seemed off kilter and never could get on track.

Meanwhile, STL just keep feeding coal to the machine.

I think that STL takes it in 6. Bastin Strong isn't going to thrive in the harder hitting Western Conf style of play. Marchy will have snot bubbles created for him.

Posts: 4079 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:

SJS just looked overworked and tired.

Yeah. About halfway through the 3rd period it seemed like they knew it was over and seemed to just deflate.

I'm looking forward to next Monday. Razz

Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Two 7-game series killed the Sharks by the middle of the series with the Blues. They just looked slow, sloppy, and out of sync.

Binnington is pretty impressive for a rookie.

Posts: 3661 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Yeah! Go Blues!

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Looks like this is going to be a heck of a series for the Cup.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Helluva game last night. Just one HELL of a game!!! Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Wow. That was a game. Razz

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Binnington did not look good tonight.

-rduckwor

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Now THOSE are the Bruins that are near and dear to my heart... Big Grin Bennington may have appeared to look bad, but the Bergeron line FINALLY woke up. And I’ve said it before...I don’t think there’s another team in the league capable of rolling all 4 lines with the effectiveness the B’s display.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Binnington did not look good tonight.

No dog in this fight. But, I agree that tonight looked less a Boston win and more like Binnington loss. For example, after Boston scored their second or third goal, I noticed Binnington skate off to the side while the Bruins were celebrating. It just seemed to signal that he could not stop them tonight.

That being said, I am looking forward to Monday! Razz

Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Nice no call to lead to the 2nd Blues goal. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nice no call to lead to the 2nd Blues goal.

Hence the reason it's a best of 7 series. So if you get hosed, you have plenty of other chances....

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Ref should be fired for that missed call. Total bullshit.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12438 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
Go Blues.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Boston needed ref help to win? But for the missed call Boston had this one won? Pfft. Boston's studs haven't played well or put up numbers. Marchy has been a bust in this series.

Boston fans are like the US version of Habs fans.

Posts: 4079 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
BLUES!

-rduckwor