SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2019 NHL Playoffs Thread
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2019 NHL Playoffs Thread Login/Join 
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Looks like Duchene is finally having some post season success. Good for him. He left here with some bad feelings. Hope you guys can hang on to him and have some success.

Posts: 7526 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Kadri out for rest of series.
Screw him.
Go Bruins.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
Kadri out for rest of series.
Screw him.
Go Bruins.

Huge suspension but one did deserve.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16400 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Whimpy suspension.

They needed to give him a set number and not based on the unknown number of games in a series.

Given his history, I would have done 3.

Posts: 4079 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
^
I watched the hit by Kadri. He teed off on DeBrusk. Good riddance to the hothead.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Ovi is a beast. Love his style of play.

Didn't want him in the box for five but it sets a tone.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:

I wonder if Svechnikov will try to fight Ovechkin any time soon?

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:
quote:

I wonder if Svechnikov will try to fight Ovechkin any time soon?

Wonder if he will remember the fight.

Caps are playing badly tonight. Bad passing, lossing the battles for the puck. Not a good game for them.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Same for the Bruins. Almost ZERO intensity or urgency. It’s a repeat of how they played Game 1. Mad

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
That was a piss poor caps performance.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20823 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:

NHL.com barely mentioned the fight other than in the recap of the game said Svechnikov left the game with a upper body injury after a fight with Ovechkin. No video nothing. Wussy move on their part. Ovi was pretty subdued in his post game interview. I don't think he felt good about knocking the youngster out and said he really hopes he's not hurt and you could tell he genuinely felt that way.

Ovi is one of the good guys.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Only Ovis fourth career fight over a long career. .

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20823 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well... Tonight is the night.

I am hopeful we show-up again and perform as we did in games 1-3.

Tampa is going to be going for broke and desperate. I hope Torts has the team patient and ready to counterpunch when the Bolts get stretched out or over-extend.

Jackets need to stay tight as a 5-man unit and clog things up. When the Bolts open up to break the logjam in the middle, then we look for the odd man rush or stretch.

We are also going to need to take our board play to another level as I think we excel there.

Not sure if Nutivaara will be back tonight, but from what I hear, Hedman is doubtful and probably out. That would be good for the Jackets, but if he does play, Anderson will need to bang on him hard and remind him that this game hurts. Maybe get him playing tentatively. Having Nudy back would be a huge plus.

I am excited and doing anything productive at work today is going to be a challenge. I am out of here at 12:30, home, change and then down to the arena with the wife to get some food and start the festivities.

Go Jackets!!!

The "Boz"

Posts: 1532 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
The Blues have to win tonight...
LGB!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Incredible first 2 periods.

We have an honest to God hockey game.

GO JACKETS!!!

The "Boz"

Posts: 1532 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Get the forks out; the Pens are done.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Less than 2 minutes for TBL...
Wow!
Biggest flame out ever!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
6-3 CBJ.

Tampa goes home.

Posts: 4079 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Now 7-3.

TBL as the wonder team is golfing next week.

I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the Blue Jackets. The President's Trophy curse strikes again.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post