SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ban on carrying guns in post offices ruled unconstitutional by U.S. judge
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ban on carrying guns in post offices ruled unconstitutional by U.S. judge Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
From a federal employee's www site, this has a few more details.

Federal judge upholds USPS employee’s right to carry gun at work for self-defense

Complete article:

https://federalnewsnetwork.com...rk-for-self-defense/
Excerpt:
quote:
“At some point, when twenty-eight percent of land in the United States is owned by the federal government and many ordinary activities require frequenting a ‘federal facility,’ the government’s theory would amount to a nullification of the Second Amendment right altogether,” [Judge Mizelle] wrote.
Precisely.

This was the problem I had when I used to have to take my wife to a federal facility to renew her green card every ten years. The facility was in Detroit and it's original location was in a very dodgy-looking area.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post