SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Predictable Insanity Surrounding the Florida Shooting
Page 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 97

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Predictable Insanity Surrounding the Florida Shooting Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
And on another note...Modern Family is still on the air? How 'bout that? Who knew?
I see it in the Guide as I scan past various channels, but I don't stop there. I won't watch that homosexual drivel.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...n-34-counts-n2458608

The Broward County Grand Jury charged Cruz with 17 counts of premeditated murder in the first degree and 17 counts of attempted murder in the first degree.

According to a probable cause affidavit, Cruz confessed to police on February 15th that he was the gunman.

Cruz’s public defender reportedly described him as a "deeply disturbed, emotionally broken" young man. He said Cruz is willing to plead guilty if the death penalty is taken off the table.

The Broward County state attorney hasn’t announced a decision on the death penalty

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Type type type.
Delete.
Type type type.
Delete.
Type type type.
Delete.
Type type type.
Delete.
Type type type.
Delete.

Eat box full of Tide Pods and stuff a few thousand dollars in the "Cursing Jar"...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
If that isn't a case for the death penalty then what is? I'm sure everyone would like to avoid a trial, but screw any deals that leave out the death penalty. Though of course I don't know how long Florida usually takes to carry out a death sentence. He may end up perpetually on death row anyway.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
If that isn't a case for the death penalty then what is? I'm sure everyone would like to avoid a trial, but screw any deals that leave out the death penalty. Though of course I don't know how long Florida usually takes to carry out a death sentence. He may end up perpetually on death row anyway.

I'm going to take a WAG and say they take the plea so the sheriff and his incompetent crew don't have to testify under oath. I imagine there are going to be some civil cases filed by families.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
As recently as 1989, the State of Florida executed Ted Bundy by means of the electric chair. Cruz ought to be sent out of this world the same way.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
People who shoot kids in schools and at police officers should get an express lane to their execution.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37960 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Cruz’s public defender reportedly described him as a "deeply disturbed, emotionally broken" young man.

Nothing some high voltage can't fix.

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Report This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:

I'm going to take a WAG and say they take the plea so the sheriff and his incompetent crew don't have to testify under oath. I imagine there are going to be some civil cases filed by families.

BCSO needs to have a line-item in their budget that says "42 USC 1983" with several million dollars set aside.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Getting struck by an automobile doesn't make you an instantaneous authority on traffic law.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
this doesn't sound right

http://www.miamiherald.com/new...rticle203903054.html

Two SWAT officers responded to the Parkland rampage uninvited. They’ve been punished.

As word spread that an armed attacker was shooting up a Parkland high school, two members of the Miramar Police Department’s SWAT team responded to the scene.

They had been training in nearby Coral Springs earlier that day and wanted to help end a deadly mass shooting that claimed 17 lives.

But their own commander said he didn’t know they were going. And the Broward Sheriff’s Office — worried about over-crowding a chaotic scene with law enforcement officers — didn’t ask for them to show up. BSO already had its own SWAT team in motion.

Eight days after the tragedy at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, the two Miramar officers, Det. Jeffery Gilbert and Det. Carl Schlosser, were temporarily suspended from duty with the SWAT team. They remain on active duty with the department, according to a Miramar police spokeswoman.

“Effective immediately you have been suspended from the SWAT Team until further notice,” wrote Capt. Kevin Nosowicz, the unit’s commander, in a Feb. 22 memo obtained by the Miami Herald through a public records request. “Please make arrangements with the training department to turn in your SWAT-issued rifle.”

The memo told Gilbert and Schlosser that they acted “without the knowledge or authorization from your chain of command” and created an “officer safety situation due to dispatch not knowing your location or activity.”

Reached on their cellphones, Schlosser and Gilbert said they could not comment.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I heard the other day some student at the high school being identified as a survivor. It turns out the student was in another building at the time. Good grief.

I suppose every student enrolled that day will be a survivor, for life, except the 14 who did not.

Victimhood is the most important quality for the media, except motherhood. I imagine there are no mothers in the school or they would be media darlings by now.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
I heard the other day some student at the high school being identified as a survivor. It turns out the student was in another building at the time. Good grief.

I suppose every student enrolled that day will be a survivor, for life, except the 14 who did not.

Victimhood is the most important quality for the media, except motherhood. I imagine there are no mothers in the school or they would be media darlings by now.

Everything I've heard said the shooting was in a "freshman building." I get the impression most all of the students clamoring for the spotlight are juniors and seniors who went into lockdown, but were not in the same building as the shooter. "Survivor" Hogg, for example, is a senior, and was in a classroom in a different building.

Edit to add: I'm not going to knock a kid who was on campus but not in the line of fire being upset and calling for increased school safety, but we can all see what's really going on here.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Report This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
this doesn't sound right

Kinda sounds par for the course for this shit show.

quote:

The memo told Gilbert and Schlosser that they acted “without the knowledge or authorization from your chain of command” and created an “officer safety situation due to dispatch not knowing your location or activity.”

If they planned on making entry then they were certainly in no danger from the Sheriffs deputies since those pussies were outside hiding.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15255 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

Everything I've heard said the shooting was in a "freshman building." I get the impression most all of the students clamoring for the spotlight are juniors and seniors who went into lockdown, but were not in the same building as the shooter. "Survivor" Hogg, for example, is a senior, and was in a classroom in a different building.

Edit to add: I'm not going to knock a kid who was on campus but not in the line of fire being upset and calling for increased school safety, but we can all see what's really going on here.

Lest there be misunderstanding, I’m savaging the media here, for the “Queen for a Day” approach to news coverage, and op-ed, for that matter.

For those too young to remember QFAD, it was a series of women telling their story before a studio audience, on live afternoon network TV. At the end, the audience would judge who had the most miserable, woeful, sympathy worthy story and she would be crowned “Queen”, ermine robed, and awarded a washer drier, or new refrigerator, etc.

This excessively emotional approach impedes cleared eyed rational approach to the issues, if I can assume that at least some are capable of and interested in this approach.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
quote:

If they planned on making entry then they were certainly in no danger from the Sheriffs deputies since those pussies were outside hiding.

Big Grin but true.

Please tell me why more government is the answer and not the problem?
The pussies are outside hiding ... and the brave get suspended? And there are people who seriously think that we should all turn over our guns to them and just trust them to protect us?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I am willing to bet the two detectives that got suspended are good with it. And would do the same thing again if needed.

This too likely has the Broward Sheriffs fingerprints on it. I’m betting it is more damage control as he can’t have out of Townes rubbing salt in his wounds.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
this doesn't sound right

If you look at it from a policy stand point it is pretty much SOP for most departments.

All they would have had to do to avoid this would have been to call their dispatch, while on their way to the school, to let them know they what they were responding to.

Then it would fall upon their chain of command if one of their supervisors did not want them to get involved.

This is a completely different situation than being on-site and getting involved.

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Report This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I am willing to bet the two detectives that got suspended are good with it. And would do the same thing again if needed.

This too likely has the Broward Sheriffs fingerprints on it. I’m betting it is more damage control as he can’t have out of Townes rubbing salt in his wounds.

I would have done the same and would have expected the same result...it's just part of being a cop.

I also agree that I'm seeing the fingerprints of the Browward Sheriff on this

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Thank you Florida legislature for proving yet again why law abiding gun owners absolutely loathe worthless politicians. They pass a bill that will do little to nothing to prevent another school shooting. However, the bill does spend a whole butt load of taxpayer money on more government programs (big surprise), and put additional restrictions on law abiding gun owners. Thank you for once again reminding me why government is the enemy of freedom.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/07...-gun-bill/index.html

Oh, and I've already calmed my two under 21 year old nephews, both terrific young men, that whatever they need or want regarding their rifles, their uncle will be happy to provide them until they reach 21.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post