SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Predictable Insanity Surrounding the Florida Shooting
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 97

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Predictable Insanity Surrounding the Florida Shooting Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Agreed - anyone who came into contact with the shooter needs to be looked at.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark_a:
...I'm not going to call him a coward.

Mark

He's a coward. And ought to be labeled as such for the rest of his days.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
A local 15 year old boy was arrested for making "terroristic threats" against the high school he attended. His threat, posted online, was ""I hate everyone at WV. Like why can't they all just disappear," according to state police.

You read that right. That was it. For that, he was arrested and charged with "terroristic threats."

http://www.pennlive.com/news/2...d_in_connection.html

Is everybody crazy??

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11109 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
As I've said- unfixable.

Posts: 107636 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
A broken watch is right twice a day.*

Israel is covering his ass.

*(Not in reference to your post Para. But that even though this is the correct thing to do regarding the SRO, and the two SD in the other events, I still think that Israel is offering them up, and will likely offer up more in order to keep his ground and insulate himself).

All of this happened under his nose, and it could not get to the point of multiple failures without him getting wind of this.

I think he morphed into a politician.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43907 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
So an armed officer waited outside while people were dying? At the same time, an unarmed assistant football coach and a number of JROTC students stood up to evil and paid with their lives. Imagine what could have been done if they had the tools to stop this.

The President's suggestion some teachers be allowed to carry concealed and defend themselves is an honest solution for this problem. People who say teachers cannot be trained or trusted are the ones being dishonest.

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
A broken watch is right twice a day.

Israel is covering his ass.

He's a slimebag. He knew all of this yesterday, but held off on announcing it so they could have the inquisition last night and blame the NRA and gun owners.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't even know about the cowardly resource officer if I didn't come here. The leftist media hasn't even reported the basic facts...it's been nonstop advocacy for gun laws.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/lo...-20180221-story.html

Nearly a half-hour after Nikolas Cruz dropped his rifle and fled Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, police thought they were seeing him live on security cameras, still in the building. They were actually seeing images tape-delayed.

The Broward School District’s security cameras did not show real-time video for police, complicating their efforts to track and pin down the shooter, the South Florida Sun Sentinel has learned.

“They are monitoring the subject right now. He went from the third floor to the second floor, the third to the second floor … They’re monitoring him on camera,” an officer said on radio transmissions recorded by Broadcastify, an audio streaming website, at 2:54 p.m. In fact, Cruz was already long gone — he had escaped the school’s freshman building 26 minutes earlier and was sitting at a McDonald’s a mile away, a timeline released by the Broward Sheriff’s Office shows.

The video images were “delayed 20 minutes and nobody told us that,” said Coral Springs Police Chief Tony Pustizzi.

According to the sheriff’s office, Cruz began shooting into classrooms at about 2:21 p.m. and left the building seven minutes later. Authorities eventually captured him more than an hour after he left the school.

Once inside the freshman building, police struggled to determine where the shooter was. They watched Cruz on camera, seeing him drop his bag near the stairway as sirens blared in the background. An armored vehicle sat at the ready.

But by then Cruz was gone.

Pustizzi described the chaos over the shooter’s whereabouts. “Somebody would say: ‘He’s on the second floor,’ and we had guys on the second floor saying: ‘We’re on the second floor, we don’t see him.’ That’s when we figured out there’s a tape delay.”

“Once we found that out we were able to adjust.”

By 3:02 p.m., the radio transmissions show, officers had realized there was a delay. “It’s about a 20-minute delay they’re following him on video, on the camera,” an officer then said over the radios. “They have him exiting the building, running south.”

Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Amputate both arms and legs. Then put him in solitary confinement. He will have plenty of time to think.

quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
He deserves 1000 deaths as the coward he is.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Report This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
I've waited for some time to post in this thread as it has been a bit too close to home and things have been so fluid and developing since the shooting happened. I am a husband and father of two daughters, a senior and a sophomore currently in a high school not that far from Parkland. While none of our immediate family members or friends were directly impacted by this tragedy, there were some friends of friends that were and it has been an emotional roller coaster ride the past week and a half. One of our close friends spent the week consoling two families, a co-worker that had a niece that was one of the girls killed, and a friend whose son was injured but survived. What made it even more eerie and disturbing was had we made a different home purchase decision than we did about 20 years ago that we had been considering, it is very likely our daughters would have been going to that school when this occurred.

There is so much to process and so much to say, so many emotions you feel and you share that it breaks your heart, makes you angry, guilty, and brings tears to your eyes all at the same time to see it happen as it did and so close by. It also brought back a vivid memory I had actually not thought about recently but that has obviously stayed frequently present in my mind over the years. You see, I am a gun violence survivor too. My parents, older brother, two grandparents and I, were held up at gunpoint by two men in the rear lobby area of a local Hallandale Beach hotel in the early 80s. Having your face inches away from a stainless steel revolver pointed at your father’s abdomen as you have your arms wrapped around his waist pleading and crying for his life has a way of staying with you for a lifetime. By the grace of God, we all escaped with our lives that day but in all the years since, whenever it has come up in conversation, it has never come up that we wished that guns were banned so that it wouldn’t have happened or that they would be any time afterwards. Actually, we realized that it was the evil men holding the guns that were the instruments of evil and responsible for the terror and trauma we experienced, not the guns. It also inspired us to take more personal responsibility for our own safety and that of our family members. That's why I have had my concealed carry license since right when I turned 21, so over 23 years now. I have also been an NRA certified instructor in my spare time. My wife has had her CWP for quite a few years now and is a teacher. Her occupation obviously concerns me now, more than ever, especially with her not being able to make use of her license in the school.

I'm all for better background checks and better communication between agencies, as well as sharing of information, but one thing is for damn sure...the "Gun Free Zones" HAVE TO GO for people that are licensed and show proficiency with a firearm. Period. I have decades of firearms experience, have had my concealed carry license for over 20 years. Why would anyone want to prevent someone like me from being able to carry my concealed firearm into a school or university? Florida's population is about 20 million and there are almost 2 million concealed carry license holders so about one in ten people are potentially carrying concealed most places you go, except "Gun Free Zones". The chances are good that some of the teachers and administrators, like the hero coach Aaron Feis, are already concealed carry license holders. Had he been able to carry he might be alive today along with some or maybe all of those that died. Additional training could be offered on a voluntary basis and teachers that just want to be teachers can still benefit from the deterrent the others teachers and armed security provide. Someone intent on doing harm would think twice since they would not know who may or may not be carrying on the campus. No one would be expecting a teacher to act as a SWAT team operator, just provide a deterrent and a defensive response if absolutely needed. And no, it would not cause confusion with law enforcement. Armed security and armed teachers would simply put their guns away and comply with any commands responding law enforcement gives them once they arrive. Again, the deterrent factor would be the greatest benefit.

I could not be prouder of how President Trump, Vice President Pence, his administration, and some of the others are handling this. I watched the live broadcast of both of Trump's meetings yesterday and today and I couldn't agree with him more and some of the other ideas and initiatives such as Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi was discussing today. I also saw Wayne LaPierre's speech at CPAC and he absolutely knocked it out of the park too. I have already written an email to our Governor, Rick Scott, and am anxiously awaiting what he is scheduled to share with us tomorrow about the initiatives and direction he will propose for our State. While I am somewhat glad Rubio for going into the lions den as it were, some of the things he said concern me. I'm very glad the Florida legislature immediately shot down any consideration of a knee jerk "assault weapons ban". I have high expectation of what we will see from Governor Scott tomorrow so I will be keeping close tabs.

God is good all the time...all the time God is good. God bless, be well, and be safe all. Don't forget to hug your loved ones and tell them you love them.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
It's become clear why the scumbag sheriff has been out front screaming 'Take the guns' on this.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Deputy Scot Peterson

Let there be no place in the world where he can escape being known for his cowardice.

The Deputy from Coward County, resigned. (He was suspended without pay pending investigation, and chose to resign.)

Resigned, so he can get full retirement benefits.

Q

Posts: 26424 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
Well maybe if...Florida governor calls on FBI director to resign after flub on school shooting tip...the governor should get the sheriff to resign since his agency dealt with suspect 39 times and his deputy let the killing continue...wants to discipline others for their failures but not his own failure to lead.

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Sounds like Sheriff Israel was trying to deflect blame at the cnn hatefest.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4336 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
This sheriff is a real piece of work.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Oh boy Eek

https://twitter.com/fguzmanon7...s/966825501846274048

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4336 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
This sheriff is a real piece of work shit.
Edited for spelling error...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6219 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Not thrilled with President Trump supporting raising the age for purchasing AR-15's.

That brings us into classifying which rifles are more evil than others.

A very slippery slope in my opinion.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
Oh boy Eek

https://twitter.com/fguzmanon7...s/966825501846274048

This is wrong on so many levels. I don't even know where to start.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10928 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Report This Post