SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    USS Harry S. Truman’s Command Master Chief Now In Trouble For Statement During VP Visit
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

USS Harry S. Truman’s Command Master Chief Now In Trouble For Statement During VP Visit Login/Join 
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Great thinking spo, Uptight Christians have been around for quite a while. The sjw groupies are a fairly new/recent phenomena. Along with garbage like this they drum up.
But go ahead and keep hating those horrible uptight Christians, will ya. Roll Eyes

Any reference to a strip club, even in a joke, would have been "offensive" in the world I grew up in.
Vice President Pence is one of these types of people.

It wasn’t that long ago strippers were an attraction at enlisted clubs on base. Perhaps the master chief was even referencing those days.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jprebb
posted Hide Post
Today, I was talking to a buddy who's a Commander and this topic came up. He told me that the CMC is no longer on the Truman. And he told me that the CMC said this in front of some of Pence's staff, which is apparently why everyone got their panties in a wad.

JP

Posts: 2054 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jprebb:
Today, I was talking to a buddy who's a Commander and this topic came up. He told me that the CMC is no longer on the Truman. And he told me that the CMC said this in front of some of Pence's staff, which is apparently why everyone got their panties in a wad.

JP

Whoops. Know your audience, CMC.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Well, this is interesting.

A little diversion here:
Pence has been an outstandingly loyal VP, but his presence has otherwise not done much for Trump except perhaps bring over some religious conservatives.

I wonder about Trump’s second term. I was listening to Nikki Haley being interviewed by Ben Shapiro and thinking she would make a better VP for his second term.

Posts: 18087 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
who would make a better Presidential candidate in 2024...

Pence or Haley?

that might be the play

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53215 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Infidel
posted Hide Post
Apparently he just resigned.

From the Truman's captain:

"Onboard USS Harry S. Truman, we measure ourselves by the highest standards of professionalism and personal integrity," Dienna wrote. "I commend Master Chief Carter for having the forthrightness and the courage to uphold this ethos by taking responsibility and holding himself accountable for his comments."

I'd say the buck stops here, but some snowflake will undoubtedly be claiming that that's an offensive phrase.

I hate offended people. They come in two flavours - huffy and whiny - and it's hard to know which is worst. The huffy ones are self-important, narcissistic authoritarians in love with the sound of their own booming disapproval, while the whiny, sparrowlike ones are so annoying and sickly and ill-equipped for life on Earth you just want to smack them round the head until they stop crying and grow up.
- Charlie Brooker

Posts: 647 | Location: Sammamish, WA | Registered: May 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
A man as valuable to the Navy as that seems to have had enough of the Navy that he DIDN'T join up to.

Good luck in any future career, Mister Carter. My headgear is removed to you.

Posts: 11334 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
There's a difference in "resigning" and pulling the lever to GFTO and RETIRE from such absurdity after serving in excess of what is required.

I hope I can make it to retirement without getting myself in trouble. I say worse weekly.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11449 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
There's a difference in "resigning" and pulling the lever to GFTO and RETIRE from such absurdity after serving in excess of what is required.

I hope I can make it to retirement without getting myself in trouble. I say worse weekly.

Yes, there is a big difference between resigning and retiring! This would seem to be yet another example of people writing "news" who have no idea of their topic.

I am deeply saddened by this incredibly stupid situation, caused by rampant PC bullshit.

My grandson is a master Sgt. in Special Forces, and so far, they seem to have escaped this BS.

Which reminds me, did the SEALS not put females on some of their teams? Wonder how that is working out.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is sad that the CMC is going out like this.
Yes, he is retiring and has done his time in the Navy but it still stinks.

I think he is doing the right thing because if he didn't he would more thank likely have a letter or some shit stain paper in his personnel jacket, and he would be targeted from here on out.

Like the rest of us, we are too hard for this new PC touchy feely world. Hence the decline and the shit show that we see that the Cities and Towns have become.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post