SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    USS Harry S. Truman’s Command Master Chief Now In Trouble For Statement During VP Visit
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

USS Harry S. Truman’s Command Master Chief Now In Trouble For Statement During VP Visit Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Oh FFS. Why does everyone have to be so f*cking offended nowadays! Now this guy will probably be forced out after all those years of service. Roll Eyes

I thought it was hilarious but you can't say stuff like that anymore I guess:

quote:

Sailors from the aircraft carrier Harry S. Truman were given a very specific order by the ship’s most senior enlisted sailor in preparation for the arrival of Vice President Mike Pence Tuesday.

“Clap like we’re at a strip club.”

The “inappropriate” comments were confirmed in a statement by the Truman’s public information officer in correspondence with CNN.

“We can confirm that this statement was made by USS Harry S. Truman’s Command Master Chief to Truman’s Sailors, prior to the arrival of the Vice President,” Lt. Cmdr. Laura Stegherr told CNN.

“This statement was inappropriate, and this issue is being addressed by Truman’s leadership.”

Truman sailors ordered to ‘clap like we’re at a strip club’ for Pence visit

Posts: 33845 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I see your bolded part but still can't find the "inappropriate statement" that is in question.

But seriously, these are sailors for chirssakes. This type of PC crap makes me want to puke.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30420 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't see the problem. Nowhere in that brief statement did the Cmd Mstr Chief assume anyone's gender, sexual orientation, nor mention the type of strip club.

Carry on...

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Complaint was probably filed by some senior enlisted female that feels she is better suited for the job.

Posts: 2834 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recall on my visit to San Diego many of the apartment complexes had signs out front that read:
No Dogs or Sailors!
If I was Pence, I would make sure this all goes away.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16110 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Sailors make an off-color remark? Tell me it isn't so!

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
Definitely not the Navy I spent three decades serving in. We would have taken the VP to a strip club.

Posts: 4987 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Who claps at a strip club anyway?

Posts: 5765 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LBTRS:
Definitely not the Navy I spent three decades serving in. We would have taken the VP to a strip club.

He is kind of a stick-in-the-mud about that kind of stuff.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Sailors make an off-color remark? Tell me it isn't so!
Oh, it's SO, SO!! Smile

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6219 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:

I've run a few of them, and absent some sort of special feature, nobody at any of the ones I've been present in.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15726 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had Johnny Carson or Don Rickles had said that, the whole crowd would still be laughing.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
This coming September, I will have been retired for 29 years. (Jebus, where did the time go?)

I don't have the words to adequately express how glad I am that I don't have to deal with today's pussified military.

And before somebody gets their panties in a wad, I mean socially. Militarily, as war fighters, I suspect things are as good as, or better than they've ever been.

Example: In 1971, we had a change of command ceremony at Naval Security Group Activity, Clark Air Base, Philippines. Very small command, the new skipper was an O3 Lt.

The ceremony was like all C of C ceremonies. There's a time-honored script that goes with it, everybody in Dress Whites, personnel inspection, etc. etc. followed by a formal reception for "Officers and their Ladies, Enlisted Men and their Wives" at which everyone not actually on duty was expected to at least put in an appearance.

So, I showed up with the guys from my duty section and made nice for a while. After a decent interval with the Chiefs and Officers, the new Skipper cornered the rest of us enlisted pukes and said "I've gotta do this for another couple of hours. Which bar will you guys be in by say 1800 hours?"

We picked one, he said he'd meet us there in civvies.

And damned if he didn't! It wasn't a full-blown pub crawl, but we hit 2 or 3 of our favorite places and enjoyed some...ah..."gentlemans entertainment"...before he excused himself and the rest of us proceeded to get well and truly shitfaced.

After that, he was all business and maintained the proper relationship between a Commanding Officer and his troops, but we all knew he was a regular guy and would do right by us.

Imagine the shit storm something like that would create today.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15263 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sailors now a days are not like Sailors when he first enlisted.

Posts: 3667 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Yes because no woman in the Navy has ever been to a strip club Roll Eyes

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37992 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I think things have toned down since my Navy days 45 years ago. Then the comment would have be....

Clap like you’re at a m.....f..... strip club.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4235 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These days, probably best to be on a small tin-can, 300 persons max, you know every, single, person and how much sarcasm each can take. A carrier with 4000+ on board, who knows which department is filled with SJW/weak-constitution types.

Posts: 14672 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
PC is a self imposed cancer designed to allow the sanctimonious to punish others for the sake of moral supremacy. No one is pure enough to escape the stinking voracious maw of PC.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29722 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:

I'm sure there's plenty of clap at many strip clubs. Wink

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:

I usually throw quarters.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post