SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What are you an expert at?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you an expert at? Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I can say "Get off my lawn" with the best of them.

Posts: 10959 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18Z50:
I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you.

Taken

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mojojojo:

I figured there'd be a long post about his expertise in yachting, captinin', nuclear physics, airplane maintenance, dead stick landings, condo building, and the scientific phenomena of diverting hurricane tracks. Razz

The list is way too short... you must be thinking of someone else. Wink

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
Drinkin' and whorin'.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Expert? At my age, an ex-spurter. Doc says he can fix that.

Posts: 11849 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of VonFatman
posted Hide Post
nothing

Posts: 376 | Registered: September 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

Tell me class...does anyone know what we call someone who knows EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING?
That would be a maven.

True, but I'm thinking of a more specific answer. Want to try again?

I'm just laughing over here at the idocracy of you two. At what point do you just plain give up on trying to insult another forum member in the same thread? Over 20 postings in 7 pages of snide remarks and attacks. Does your life lack that much meaning? Is your life so boring or meaningless, that you have absolutely nothing better to do besides entertain two other people in a thread whose lives are perhaps 3/4 as meaningless? Is your life so meaningless that you cannot add anything of value to a thread, with anything? It's the essential definition of insanity. I cannot tell you how many times I've laughed at the postings, they're THAT stupid.

There is nothing anyone can say that will insult me. Perhaps I have thicker skin than most, or just have real things to entertain me and a life without having to make personal attacks on "internet friends" to make myself feel better. IDK. I do find it amusing, I do find you amusing.....like a clown...…. now tell me what movie that reference is from and I'll send you a box of cookies and a roll of toilet paper.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I agree with jimmy. Why did you guys go out of your way to screw with a forum member? Let's be clear- jimmy is as welcome here as all members. Be nice to my guests.

Posts: 107616 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Converting malted beverages to urine and rolled tubes of tobacco leaves to ash.

Posts: 11224 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
What am I an expert at? Nothing. To me, the term expert means I know everything about a topic. As I get older, I realize if you maintain the proper mindset, you never reach the end of the learning curve on an topic. There's always more to learn, and I hope until the day I finally depart this rock, I can maintain an openness and inquisitiveness to never stop learning.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
Converting malted beverages to urine and rolled tubes of tobacco leaves to ash.
Welcome back sir!

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Expert? I suppose it is perception. Self perception vs. perception of self by others.

Over the years some of the people I have worked for, worked with or dealt with as customers have felt that I was an expert. I always felt that I was average, better than some but not the best.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8110 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Be nice to my guests.

Not that your current CUT isn't awesome and, after all this time, durable, but wow if you ever wanted a second that was also crystal clear!

Oh, wait, to avoid folks accusing of kissing up, you're an overbearing dictator crazy-man. Or something.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12423 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
A serious answer for myself would be nuclear engineering, risk assessment (determining how complex systems can catastrophically fail), wrenching on 1960s to 1980s cars, and trivia.

Posts: 1505 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am an expert "Deplorable"

West German Sig P220, P6, P226, BDA

Posts: 89 | Location: NE Ohio Willoughby | Registered: December 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Sarcasm, annoying my wife, memorizing movies and song lyrics.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
According to the IDPA I'm an "expert" shooter (Master in some divisions).

According to my IQ test I'm an expert smrt dude.

According to my boss I'm an expert copywriter.

According to my kids I'm an expert dad.

Only one of the above qualifications has any real value to me. Wink

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3212 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have quantifiable proof of my expertise. In this time of quarantine orders, I have achieved Grandmaster status in on-line Solitaire !!

Pragmatism: the relentless pursuit of seeing things as they really are.

Posts: 172 | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am in my seventh decade. Am I an expert most likely not but I've made it to my seventh decade as previously stated. Along the way married celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary this past October. Raised a family and now have grandchildren. Along the way I treated most others fairly. There were occasions where I apologized to others for my transgressions that I should have conducted myself and or should have done better.

Posts: 997 | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lowflash:
I am in my seventh decade. Am I an expert most likely not but I've made it to my seventh decade as previously stated. Along the way married celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary this past October. Raised a family and now have grandchildren. Along the way I treated most others fairly. There were occasions where I apologized to others for my transgressions that I should have conducted myself and or should have done better.
May we all live to be this kind of expert.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3212 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post