SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gun-grabbing Minnesota state senator arrested for first-degree burglary
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun-grabbing Minnesota state senator arrested for first-degree burglary Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
At the risk of thread drift... why is meteorology a TS thing? Confused

God bless America.

Posts: 13506 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Gotta be more to this story. First degree burglary requires some specific actions by the criminal to reach that level.
The defendant is armed with a deadly weapon;
They cause physical harm to a victim who is not part of the crime;
They display, use, or threaten to use a deadly weapon; or
They are a repeat offender.

I'm sure there is some history between step mom and step daughter beyond this episode. Wait and see what else comes out.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8535 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 400m:
I’m curious, if she is convicted, will her military pension be yanked?

If she does not already have 20 qualifying years she is not entitled to a pension.

Posts: 12697 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Would have been really ironic if she were shot while burglaring, wouldn't it? Smile

Posts: 22921 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
When this story first popped up yesterday without the detail about the father's residence, I assumed she would turn out to be one of these "off their meds" bipolar types who went off the rails chasing demons or space men. May still be the case, but I suspect there is a lot more to the story involving money and a vindictive step mother.
When I saw it was step Mom after father's passing, my first thought was the Lt Col was going after family heirlooms whether they are of monetary value (e.g. china or silverware) or emotional value (e.g. family photos from before the step Mom was in the picture).

That seems to be a logical assumption with the sentence about her fathers death and street name, family fight over estate assets.

Odd that they don't list the location precisely in the article since the police report certainly has all the information on the complaint, arrest, and details of the address and homeowner info is easily available on the county tax web page,

Posts: 23489 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Would have been really ironic if she were shot while burglaring, wouldn't it? Smile

Good thing not, She is part of the gun grabbing efforts going on here, they don't need the ammo.
I hope she gets the boot out of the Senate, the libs are only up by 1.

“Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.”

John Adams

Posts: 317 | Location: Land of 10000 Taxes | Registered: March 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was detailed to drive around the Duty Officer and he had a buddy who was USAF Meteorology. We went to visit this dudes office and he came out to greet us. He then walked outside and stood briefly in the rain. Coming back in, he said "my office will predict precipitation".
The science involved impressed me! Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16100 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I was detailed to drive around the Duty Officer and he had a buddy who was USAF Meteorology. We went to visit this dudes office and he came out to greet us. He then walked outside and stood briefly in the rain. Coming back in, he said "my office will predict precipitation".
The science involved impressed me! Roll Eyes

Old joke.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2702 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Don’t mean to be a pessimist...
But somehow, you managed it, anyway. Isn't that something?

Repeatedly- as in over and over for years and years- I have told you guys to refrain from surrendering before a battle has been fought, and I am telling you that now, 911Boss. I don't want to see this defeatist shit in this forum.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107632 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She wanted her Fathers ashes.
Story from this AM
https://patch.com/minnesota/wo...pmothers-home-charge

John Adams

Posts: 317 | Location: Land of 10000 Taxes | Registered: March 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Boo-fucking-hoo

Seek a legal remedy, like normal people do.

Posts: 107632 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First burglary I have become aware of where the Tupperware was targeted.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16100 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Regardless of the reason, it's wrong, she got caught, proof enough that she's too dumb to be representing people in government...

Posts: 23489 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
She wanted her Fathers ashes.

If stepmom had been smart she would have cleaned out the fireplace and put those ashes in a Parkay container for her stepdaughter.

Posts: 26921 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
This is mental instability, plain and simple. You don’t hold a public office like that and do something this dumb. Why would she jeopardize herself like that? What a foolish thing to do.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5328 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:
This is mental instability, plain and simple. You don’t hold a public office like that and do something this dumb. Why would she jeopardize herself like that? What a foolish thing to do.

You'd be amazed at what happens after someone passes away among the family members.

In some cases, greed, emotional issues, and with the loss of a parent, difficulties with in this case perhaps, the stepmother, people do crazy stuff over the smallest things and some will just close off kids of the other parent the day after the services. We've had several threads of folks going through the process and having difficulty, it's not uncommon.

Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
At the risk of thread drift... why is meteorology a TS thing? Confused

I've been retired for 12 years now, but I can tell you that we required such clearances because of the operations we supported. There is your run-of-the-mill picnic forecasting, and then the tactical stuff (dropping bombs, etc.) that only cleared people get to see.

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 986 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Spin doctors have taken over. Her released statement to the media:

Regarding the recent news: Like so many families, mine is dealing with the pain of watching a loved one decline due to Alzheimer's and associated paranoia. Over the weekend, I learned of medical information which caused me grave concern and prompted me to check on that family member. I entered a home I have come and gone from countless times in the past 20 years, where my son even once had his own room. Unfortunately, I startled this close relative, exacerbating paranoia, and I was accused of stealing, which I absolutely deny• Thank you to all my friends (and colleagues of both parties) for the kind words of support and for trusting my character even before I had a chance to respond. This has been a true tragedy for our family and my hope is it can return to being a private matter.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12337 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Spin doctors have taken over. Her released statement to the media:

Regarding the recent news: Like so many families, mine is dealing with the pain of watching a loved one decline due to Alzheimer's and associated paranoia. Over the weekend, I learned of medical information which caused me grave concern and prompted me to check on that family member. I entered a home I have come and gone from countless times in the past 20 years, where my son even once had his own room. Unfortunately, I startled this close relative, exacerbating paranoia, and I was accused of stealing, which I absolutely deny• Thank you to all my friends (and colleagues of both parties) for the kind words of support and for trusting my character even before I had a chance to respond. This has been a true tragedy for our family and my hope is it can return to being a private matter.

She entered through a window in the dark of the night to take items the homeowner refused to give her, and she admitted such behavior to a police officer. She is only digging the hole deeper.

Posts: 12697 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Alzheimer's and associated paranoia.

She was sharp enough to call 911, and when someone IS breaking in your house, well deserved paranoia.

John Adams