SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gun-grabbing Minnesota state senator arrested for first-degree burglary
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun-grabbing Minnesota state senator arrested for first-degree burglary Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
...Police searched the basement and quickly found a woman dressed in all-black clothing and a black hat....

...Police found a flashlight near Mitchell with a black sock covering it to control the amount of light emitting from the flashlight

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16825 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
At the risk of thread drift... why is meteorology a TS thing? Confused

Didn't you ever read The Art of War by Sun Tzu??

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11006 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
O.J. Simpson was just trying to get his stuff back, too.

Posts: 28134 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hot Fuzz
Picture of Turbo216
posted Hide Post
Hmmm... she left home at 1 AM, drove 3.5 hours, was dressed all in black and told the officers that she's "clearly not good at this", but somehow it's a misunderstanding due to stepmom having Alzheimer's and it should be a private matter. Roll Eyes

Anyways, here's the criminal complaint.

FWIW, Becker County is rather conservative, with 65% of the vote going to Trump in the 2020 election. I think her odds of skating on this are pretty slim.

Hater of fun since 2001!

Posts: 591 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: January 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
She wanted her Fathers ashes.
Story from this AM
https://patch.com/minnesota/wo...pmothers-home-charge
Unreasonable expectation for child to get ashes instead of the spouse.

If a child wants the ashes they better have a good relationship with stepmom, some interpersonal skills, and some etiquette (eg don't ask while the stepmom is still wearing funeral attire). The other option is to hire an attorney with no conscience who'll do anything for a buck (eg sue widow for possession of ashes).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23422 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Turbo216:
Hmmm... she left home at 1 AM, drove 3.5 hours, was dressed all in black and told the officers that she's "clearly not good at this", but somehow it's a misunderstanding due to stepmom having Alzheimer's and it should be a private matter. Roll Eyes

Anyways, here's the criminal complaint.

FWIW, Becker County is rather conservative, with 65% of the vote going to Trump in the 2020 election. I think her odds of skating on this are pretty slim.

I agree. We are in the land of rocks and cows up here according to Governor Walz. We don't like them and they don't like us. One of them comes up here and commits felony crimes it's going to be a bad day for them. Now being a Senate critter down in the capitol will get you nowhere up here except more disdain. Had she done this in the land of George Floyd she'd already be walking. We would have been lucky to even hear about it. I'd love to listen in on the phone calls Chief Todd is certainly going to get pressuring him to drop this case.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8555 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's what's happening in her district while she's vacationing on the public dime this morning

https://alphanews.org/woodbury...-valley-creek-plaza/

The officers need more range time.

“Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.”

John Adams

Posts: 330 | Location: Land of 10000 Taxes | Registered: March 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wxdave:
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
At the risk of thread drift... why is meteorology a TS thing? Confused

I've been retired for 12 years now, but I can tell you that we required such clearances because of the operations we supported. There is your run-of-the-mill picnic forecasting, and then the tactical stuff (dropping bombs, etc.) that only cleared people get to see.

Thank you.

quote:
Originally posted by radioman:

I've got a copy of it here somewhere. I'll admit I haven't read it fully yet.

There's mention of top secret weather operations? Razz

God bless America.

Posts: 13581 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:

I've got a copy of it here somewhere. I'll admit I haven't read it fully yet.

There's mention of top secret weather operations? Razz[/QUOTE]

Know the enemy, know yourself; your victory will never be endangered. Know the ground, know the weather; your victory will then be total.
- S. Tsu

Posts: 6441 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Over the weekend, I learned of medical information which caused me grave concern and prompted me to check on that family member. I entered a home I have come and gone from countless times in the past 20 years, where my son even once had his own room. Unfortunately

Excuse me miss, why were you entering through a window wearing a McBurglar outfit and were you lost finding your way to your father’s room to check on the medical condition of your stepmother that you no longer spoke with?

Typical liberal strategy - double down on the lies rather than admit (like she did initially to the police before the state paid for lawyers got ahold of her) that under the duress of grief she made some poor, emotionally driven decisions. She’d certainly have garnered more sympathy that way but they just can’t help themselves.

I hope this brings to light more crazy shit she’s done in the past. People that behave like this narcissistic have a history of abhorrent behavior. Someone just needs to shine a light on it.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12939 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In her district the legislators could not agree on redistricting lines after the 2020 census.
So the City Council drew the lines?
Gerrymandering anyone?

“Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.”

John Adams

Posts: 330 | Location: Land of 10000 Taxes | Registered: March 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
She was probably looking for her mate.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4867 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Trying to pull off an OJ, huh?

Didn't work out well for him, either.

Posts: 9104 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
She’s entitled and about to find out what fabulous prizes she has won for it.

Posts: 11174 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
Who can possibly know what the deceased wanted? Which parties had close loving relations with him and which parties he was estranged from?

As said already, that's what the legal system is for.

Of course, when caught, she says she was there for the ashes, pictures, flannel shirt ... but if she was there for the jewelry, cash, other valuables, would she admit it? Doesn't every criminal attempt to minimize the crime and their role in it?

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2109 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Typical liberal strategy - double down on the lies rather than admit

Yes, sir. Absolutely right. Also the time-tested strategy of blaming the victim, too.

Posts: 1100 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Democratic Minnesota state Sen. Nicole Mitchell will be removed from committee assignments and caucus meetings after she was arrested last week for a suspected burglary at her stepmother's home.

Senate Majority Leader Erin Murphy, a Democrat, released a statement obtained by FOX9 Minneapolis, saying that while the situation is tragic, "there are still questions that need to be answered."

"While the case is under review both in the Senate and in the courts, Senator Mitchell will be relieved of her committee assignments and removed from caucus meetings," Murphy said.

Mitchell was charged with first-degree burglary on Tuesday after police arrested her early Monday at her stepmother’s home. Mitchell has denied the allegations and claimed that she was merely checking on an ill loved one.

Mitchell acknowledged that she entered through a window and told investigators she was trying to get her late father's ashes, photos, a flannel shirt and other items of sentimental value, according to a criminal complaint. Mitchell claimed her stepmother had stopped speaking to her after her father’s death and refused to give her the items.

Senate Republicans filed an ethics complaint against Mitchell before the Senate convened on Wednesday and forced a vote on a motion to immediately launch an investigation.

Link

Posts: 9104 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
But still allowed to vote. Roll Eyes

Posts: 2967 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
This will make a great movie

Posts: 5391 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mitchell claimed her stepmother had stopped speaking to her after her father’s death and refused to give her the items.

As the widow, she is entitled to these items unless they were specifically willed to this leftist twat. I’m certain if the roles were reversed she’d be pushing the stiffest penalty after a conviction. I hope her life is ruined utterly.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15693 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post