SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China?
Page 1 ... 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 192
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China? Login/Join 
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:
War propaganda is powerful stuff. There's no peace process because the folks financing this slaughter don't want peace. It's exactly what many of us though it was from day one...a proxy war. Bizarre the level of support for this mess in the US.

So what is your plan for peace? Ukraine wants it land back, and Russia wants Ukraine and her people to be wiped out as a political and ethnic entity.

Looking forward to you or others brilliant ideas.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can you copy/paste the editorial. Behind a paywall for me.
Thanks

Posts: 252 | Location: SW,MI | Registered: July 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
So what is your plan for peace?
We don't need a "plan for peace." We don't need a plan for anything when it comes to the Ukraine.

I understand, though. It's gotta be rough, finding out that your favorite team is going to lose the game.

Posts: 107758 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is amazing how quick these same people forgot when Europe, both through NATO and as individuals helped us in our response to 9/11 and in Operation Iraqi Freedom. Even just closing airspace and denying us access to their bases in and around CentCom would have made operations in Afghanistan a whole lot harder to undertake.

What did we gain in 20+ years in Afghanistan?

quote:

Do you want the US to fight Russia to the last Ukrainian? Then what?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24190 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by McGregor:
Can you copy/paste the editorial. Behind a paywall for me.
Thanks

quote:
Joe Biden could have been a good president.

All he had to do was leave things alone.

Instead, he blundered into the office and wrecked the country.

He is like the guy on a Boeing 747 high over the Atlantic Ocean who breaks into the cockpit and says, “I can fly this thing.”

“You don’t have to, Joe,” the pilot says, “It’s on autopilot. It flies itself. You know, computers.”

Undeterred, Joe presses buttons and flips switches. The plane goes into a nosedive.

Which is where we are today. You don’t put a guy like this in control.

He is President Doom. Everything he touches goes bad.

And nothing is his fault.

He took an energy-independent country and turned it into a nation begging Saudi Arabia and Venezuela for oil. Gasoline prices hit the roof and inflation soared. But it is not his fault.

He forgot how he preened on Day One of his presidency, launching his war on domestic produced energy in favor of his Green Dream of a fossil fuel free world.

Biden, John Kerry, his climate change czar, and the progressives would have you believe that the world will come to an end unless their anti-fossil fuel agenda adopted.

Yes, the world may come to an end. But the chances are the end will come sooner from the unleashing of nuclear weapons then it will come from the use of fossil fuels.

But you do not hear politicians like Biden or Kerry talk much about doing away with nuclear weapons. On the contrary. Biden is reopening nuclear negotiations with Iran which will eventually lead to the Iranians having a nuclear bomb.

This is the country where its religious fanatics have promised to use its first nuclear weapon on Israel and the second on the United States.

If I were to bet, I would wager on the world ending in a nuclear bang before closing out in a fossil fuel whimper.

Meanwhile, the rest of the world keeps pumping away, and the American people suffer. But it is not Biden’s fault. It is Vladimir Putin and his war in Ukraine who is to blame, not Joe Biden.

Joe Biden took a working and strict border policy left to him by Donald Trump and turned it into a humanitarian disaster. Hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants from countries around the world are pouring into the United States and nobody is stopping them. And many of them are dying along the way.

Bidens’s decision to do away with border enforcement has also greatly facilitated the smuggling tons of drugs into the county, including deadly fentanyl from China that is killing many unsuspecting Americans.

But that is not his fault either. It was Trump’s racist border policy that caused all the problems. Besides, he assigned Kamala Harris to get to the root of the problem.

Biden also authored the ill-conceived and humiliating pullout from Afghanistan, causing the unnecessary death of 13 Americans at the chaotic Kabul airport, leaving hundreds of Americans, abandoning thousands of Afghan allies, and throwing he country into the chaotic hands of the Taliban.

Naturally, he blamed Trump, which nobody bought.

The next thing you know Joe Biden will be blaming Putin for the Supreme Court’s decision to send the abortion issue back to the states. Putin somehow must have gotten Trump to appoint three conservatives to the court in order to roil the country.

According to Biden, the “one thing” that has destabilized the country under his leadership has not been soaring gasoline prices, inflation, the open border, the shameful retreat in Afghanistan, the war in Ukraine, the frightening rising crime rate or the pandemic, but “the outrageous behavior” of the Supreme Court on the abortion issue.

The court did not destabilize the country. Joe Biden did.

This man does not belong in the cockpit.

Peter Lucas is a veteran Massachusetts political reporter and columnist.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6220 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:
War propaganda is powerful stuff. There's no peace process because the folks financing this slaughter don't want peace. It's exactly what many of us though it was from day one...a proxy war. Bizarre the level of support for this mess in the US.

So what is your plan for peace? Ukraine wants it land back, and Russia wants Ukraine and her people to be wiped out as a political and ethnic entity.

You will not like my plan. I would let the Ukrainians know that there are absolute limits to the amount of support available and absolute limits on the timeline for aid....you know, a little reality. This would go far to incentivize these folks to at least begin a peace process. Of course the goals of the two sides are in opposition...that's why their killing each other. It's not insurmountable, but raping the US taxpayer while pretending to be 'winning' isn't a good strategy either. The fact of the matter is that Ukraine can only survive with massive support from the west. They need to make a peace and rebuild their country.

Posts: 1978 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
So what is your plan for peace?
We don't need a "plan for peace." We don't need a plan for anything when it comes to the Ukraine.

I understand, though. It's gotta be rough, finding out that your favorite team is going to lose the game.

This isn't a sport analogy. Even if it was, I grew up outside of Detroit. Thanks to the Lions, one has to get used to a home team losing. And last I checked, Ukraine hasn't lost. This is about a modern day Hitler using his military to destroy a nation for his ego to become Vlad the Great. And it just isn't Putin trying to regain lost lands, but seize 40% of the worlds grain, and the very large oil deposits under Crimea and off it's coasts. Again this isn't a sports game where when it is over everyone goes home and enjoys the rest of the weekend. Putin has used his energy exports to force other nations to change their policies to benefit him. Give him more control over energy (hey the Saudis have announced they are seeing their well starting to go empty) AND food, do you think Putin will become a nicer person?

But for your consideration, a group of people, with a list of grievances, decides to be independent and form a new nation. And the old nation they seek independence says 'nope' and invades the new nation to bring it back under their rule. It is wrong for others to support the new nation? And when the big nation wins, you, Para, are OK with when they decide to erase any identity they had?

Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is about a modern day Hitler using his military to destroy a nation for his ego to become Vlad the Great. And it just isn't Putin trying to regain lost lands, but seize 40% of the worlds grain, and the very large oil deposits under Crimea and off it's coasts.

IrishWind: I believe your reasons are legitimate and sincere. Still, I disagree with US involvement.
The era of the US as world cop has not been good for the US. In our effort to spread freedom and democracy around the world we are losing it at home. A stronger Europe requires weaning off of the tit of the US.

I don't believe the Biden regime's motives are nearly so pure as yours. They have many crimes to cover up. The motives of the military industrial complex aren't so pure either.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24190 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
But for your consideration, a group of people, with a list of grievances, decides to be independent and form a new nation. And the old nation they seek independence says 'nope' and invades the new nation to bring it back under their rule. It is wrong for others to support the new nation? And when the big nation wins, you, Para, are OK with when they decide to erase any identity they had?
What does the American Civil War have to do with this?

Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8402 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
downtownv: I know it's simplistic, but it's a good visual.

The purpose of the United States military is to defend the shores of the United States. We are being invaded on our own border. It's time for America to defend it's own interests.

-rduckwor

Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
This is about a modern day Hitler using his military to destroy a nation for his ego to become Vlad the Great. And it just isn't Putin trying to regain lost lands, but seize 40% of the worlds grain, and the very large oil deposits under Crimea and off it's coasts.

IrishWind: I believe your reasons are legitimate and sincere. Still, I disagree with US involvement.
The era of the US as world cop has not been good for the US. In our effort to spread freedom and democracy around the world we are losing it at home. A stronger Europe requires weaning off of the tit of the US.

I don't believe the Biden regime's motives are nearly so pure as yours. They have many crimes to cover up. The motives of the military industrial complex aren't so pure either.

I don't remember complaints when Trump was giving political, economic, AND military aid to Ukraine when he was president. And we did agree to provide security for Ukraine back in the 90s when Ukraine gave Russia strategic weapons in it's territory when the USSR fell apart. The fact that Putin reneged on that same agreement for his benefit shows who is the bad actor in this. If we are not going to stand with nations that want to be with us, should we be upset when nations like France and Saudi start cutting deals with our adversaries?

It sucks that the imbecile Biden is in charge as this is happening. But I've seen the "a blind squirrel does find a nut" analogy used a few times in this thread, and Biden did IMHO make the right choice to support a pro-west government (Ukraine) against a nation (Russia) that sees us as something to be defeated.

Dirt Sailors Unite!

Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
What does the American Civil War have to do with this?

Or Russia vs Ukraine. Agreed, similar fact patterns. And another question dodged.

Dirt Sailors Unite!

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, yeah, that's me all over, baby. I'm a question dodger. You bet. I don't meet things head on. Ha! What a joke.

Ever consider that you're asking the wrong questions? Not to mention the fact that I don't owe you any answers. I have made my position crystal clear, going so far as to create a thread on the subject. Give me a freakin' break.

You just don't like that the question you asked applies perfectly to the Confederacy and you didn't even see this when you posed it. That's not my problem, it's yours.

Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
You're right. I'm wrong. Your house. Your rules.

Dirt Sailors Unite!

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Don't try that shit with me. Cheap tactics. You're out of ammunition when you pull stunts like that.

You walked right into a position of supporting the Confederacy (based upon the generality of your question) and you know it. This bullshit you're trying to pull now doesn't change a thing.

Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
First, I never supported the confederacy. But i do hope that gave you some food for thought about Ukraine.

Second, Edmund Burke one said "The only thing necessary for evil to triumph in the world is that good men do nothing". And who again is wanting the US to do nothing???

Last, what skin have you put in the game? Besides being a tax payer? Because my wife, kids, and I do that too. It is one thing to sit behind a computer and say I don't like something. But it is something to raise your right hand and go do something about it.

I know you are not loving this, so here is a quote from Tyrion Lannister that I feel is on point:

Dirt Sailors Unite!

Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
PS, screenshots for posterity.

Dirt Sailors Unite!

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What are you talking about? Spouting platitudes and posting memes? No one is stopping you from speaking. How are you being stopped from speaking? Apparently it doesn't matter to you that your argument is so weak, because you just keep banging away with your little pop gun. In all the discussion of the Ukrainian conflict, I've not seen one single point from you that firmly supports your position, and when I point out the fallacy in the question you posed to me, you start in with this silly "you're right, I'm wrong, but only because it's your house" shit.

I don't need to be in charge here to hold my own in this discussion and I think you know that. Don't try to cop out. Don't try to say you're being silenced, because you're not. Don't try to say I'm avoiding your questions, because I did answer you by pointing out the fallacy of your argument, If we apply your question to other historical conflicts, the problem with your argument is made plain.

I haven't told you to be quiet and I haven't ignored you, and I don't need to be in charge here to run rings around you. I'm serious- from the start of the discussion on this regional conflict, not one time have I read even a single persuasive point from you, so don't behave as if "The Man" is keeping you down. What a joke.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
PS, screenshots for posterity.
Say what?

IrishWind, are you saying what you appear to be saying? Explain this to me.

You are way out of line and you are making a fool of yourself.