SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIGform Classifieds Rules - your suggestions
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIGform Classifieds Rules - your suggestions Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You're not going to get an answer. He took his football and went home. He deleted all his posts from this thread.

Yammering about maturity, and all that. Roll Eyes

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Calling folks immature, when he failed to check with the mirror first.

Immediately reminds me of Cousin Vinnie yesterday calling members here "Thin Skinners" and "Easily Offended", when the man was in fact what he accused others of.

Things didn't go the way these posters expected, so they lashed out at others. Lame. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Talking to my wife the other day, I crunched some numbers for her. The number of posts I've read in this forum- low estimate- one million+

Hell, I, myself have nearly 100,000 posts in this forum. If I read only one response to each of those posts, that's 100K right there.

I've read untold numbers of responses from tens of thousands of members over more than 22 years.

What is the significance of all of this? It means there's no bullshit, no approach, no passive-aggressive or cutesy or sarcastic stance that I have not seen several times at least. There is no more new ground to be tread um trod whatever.

When you break out your little box of clever, all we'll be doing, you and I, is comparing notes.

Dig?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
You're not going to get an answer. He took his football and went home. He deleted all his posts from this thread.

Yammering about maturity, and all that. Roll Eyes

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This guy is so full of shit. He changed his signature line:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...820033194#6820033194

"Take a breath folks, it’s just words on a screen."

No, it's not "just words on a screen" you phony. There are people putting those words up on the screen. There are real, actual people behind those "words on a screen". Those words don't write themselves. Those words have meaning, and the meaning comes from thinking human beings.

What a cop-out, coming from someone who was just yesterday talking about how intent is lost in translation in the written medium.

Say what you want, be what you are, but whatever you say, whatever you are, be genuine. You want to try to save face? Putting up a new signature after the fact- a signature that's false and intended to degrade members here, is not the way to go. If it's all "just words on a screen" then, this place is meaningless, and it is most certainly not meaningless. If it were meaningless, he wouldn't be behaving this way.

This guy has been wrong from the start of all this. If you want to see one of the ways you shouldn't behave as a member of this forum, this guy has put on a clinic this week.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Wow! Juvenile doesn't even begin to describe the behavior.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
One of the ways you can tell how special he thinks he is- in one of the posts he deleted, he complained that in the WTB ad he put up, the first person to contact him was the scammer infesting this forum. No shit, Sherlock. He's pulling that crap with everyone. But, you're special, so, he should have just left you alone, right?

Don't piss off the admin. You go making remarks about how "sad" this forum has become, because of a thief who is all over internet forums where people buy and sell goods, and then argue with me about it when I ping you, you might as well just hang it up.

He still has posting rights, though.

Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
The young man may of deleted his posts taking his football and running all the way home ... but he could not delete his "quoted" posts that will be memorialized forever for him to remember.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
@XLAXER

"Like, it's just pictures on a screen, man."

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rolin808
posted Hide Post
It’s up to 12 pages so forgive me if this was mentioned and knowing the great community here it probably was and I overlooked it.

I’d like to suggest that if your selling an item over a certain dollar amount ( whatever Para thinks is fair ) you’ll need to pay to have your item listed here.
This can work in tiers also so for example:
If I want to sell anything under $75 it’s free to list.
$75-$200 is $4 to be listed
$201-400 is $8 and so on from there.
You could run multiple items but would be charged off the total amount of your ad.

This would also help out with the cost of running this site, which I’m forever grateful that there’s no membership fee, but that would be another way to minimize the scammers.
So yes I’m gonna contradict myself but a “small” membership fee just to be on this site might be a good control.

Para thanks for the chance to voice our thoughts.

Everyone has their own personal Demons , I just tend to let mine out

Posts: 710 | Location: Honolulu | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post