SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    One crew member dies, another hospitalized after Alec Baldwin shoots two people on set of his film
Page 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 88
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One crew member dies, another hospitalized after Alec Baldwin shoots two people on set of his film Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
I don’t have time now to copy and paste this, sorry.

Rust first assistant director David Halls sentenced in deadly on-set shooting
Six months unsupervised probation.

Really

If I were a member of Hutchins' family, I would not be happy with that at all.

Posts: 107593 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unsupervised probation ... Roll Eyes

Posts: 4056 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hope this isn't how the rest of the sentencing will be handled.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
I wonder if this is the “If everyone is responsible, nobody is responsible.” mindset.

To me, and I suspect most, if not all, folks on this board it is really simple: You don’t accept a firearm without checking its condition. I can’t imagine passing someone a firearm and saying it is unloaded without verifying. Even saying it’s unloaded seems weird. I’d be more likely to say something if the person I handed it to didn’t immediately check it themselves. I’ve been consistently trained that is the only correct way to do it.

It seems like Hollywood operates differently and that is their accepted SOP. That doesn’t seem like a good thing.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/ente...-to-rust-gun-charge/

Under the plea agreement, Halls agreed to testify truthfully at any upcoming hearings or trials. That includes criminal proceedings against Baldwin and movie armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, who have pleaded not guilty to charges of involuntary manslaughter in Hutchins’ death, AP reports.

The LA Times report further recorded Halls’ Albuquerque-based attorney, Lisa Torraco, told the judge her client is still haunted by the tragedy.

He was standing just three feet from Hutchins and Souza when they were shot. Torraco has maintained that despite Halls’ role as on-set safety coordinator, he was not responsible for the actions of others.

“He, like many others, is extremely traumatized and just rattled with guilt and so many other feelings of: What could I have done better? How could I have changed things?” Torraco told the judge.

what could I have done better ? that's a stumper

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AzMikeCFD102
posted Hide Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...camera-crew-tow.html

EXCLUSIVE: Alec Baldwin arrives in Montana with a camera crew in tow to document his moves as he begins filming ill-fated Rust after leaving Hilaria and brood of seven behind in NYC

Alec Baldwin, 65, was seen arriving at an airport in Bozeman, Montana, to continue filming ill-fated Rust

The actor was accompanied by members of a film crew who traveled with him from NYC

The camera crew showed up at the Baldwins' Manhattan apartment Wednesday morning and captured the family's goodbyes and then went along to the airport with Alec

Im not able to post the photos from this article.

What a vile and disgusting human being, thats all I can say after reading the story and seeing the photos.

MAGA

NRA
Gun Owners of America

Posts: 388 | Location: Tucson, Az | Registered: August 17, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
So he's doing a 'reality' series now?

What a narcicistic a-hole. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21846 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
I predict a large financial crater when the movie is released.

Posts: 9041 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
This is my sarcastically shocked face… Eek

Charges against Alec Baldwin dropped in fatal ‘Rust’ shooting, attorneys say

Charges have been dropped against Alec Baldwin in the fatal shooting of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the set of his Western movie "Rust," his lawyers said Thursday.

“We are pleased with the decision to dismiss the case against Alec Baldwin and we encourage a proper investigation into the facts and circumstances of this tragic accident,” according to a joint statement by Baldwin's lawyers Luke Nikas and Alex Spiro.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Shocked indeed.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Simply shameful.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing right about now David Halls is wishing he hadn't taken the plea deal.

Posts: 3506 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/u...orneys-say-rcna80722

News of the dropped charges came the same day as filming on "Rust" resumed at Yellowstone Ranch in Montana. The movie is expected to need at least 20 more days of filming and Baldwin was on the set Thursday, sources close to the production said.

The movie's plot centers on a 13-year-old boy left to fend for himself and his younger brother following their parents’ deaths in 1880s Kansas.

The youngsters go on the run with their long-estranged grandfather Harland Rust, played by Baldwin, after he’s sentenced to hang for the accidental killing of a local rancher.

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
The prosecutor is saying the gun malfunctioned/went off by itself.

Posts: 2768 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sse:

Did it also forget to check itself to see if it was loaded?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16353 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Will. OJ be helping Alec find the real killer?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sse:

Embarrassing entitled celebrity bullshit. Wait for the future trial of a common man where a defense attorney is going to claim this as a defense with precedent.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Yet again the two tiered justice system shits the bed. Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Is anyone truly surprised by this?

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8104 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, I'm surprised by it. I know that it's considered oh, so cool to evince a world-weary wisdom, but, yeah, I'm surprised.

This attitude of suggesting- after the fact- that you knew this was going to happen- it's tired. This adoption of the attitude that we can never win and there is no justice and everything turns into shit- I don't want to be around people like that. It's depressing as all get-out to hear people predict defeat, and when things go wrong, to behave as if anyone who held out hope for a positive outcome is a Goddamned fool.

Does that answer your question?

I'd hate to have to be in a war with some of you guys- to listen to incessant predictions of defeat even before a battle is waged, and to watch you behave after a defeat as if it was the only possible outcome.

Posts: 107593 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post