SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Face Mask Purchasers Step Inside
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Face Mask Purchasers Step Inside Login/Join 
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jgerge222:
I fail to see the humor in this.

Then you ain't lookin'. Smile

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigolicious:

Great for business leaders. Great idea. Is it for a real corp by that name??

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I got a few masks here. Saw them on Soldier Systems Daily. I like them, but they are not the “new normal.” I hate that term!!

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10492 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
Isn't wearing that Johnny Cash mask an oxymoron? Wink

Posts: 2336 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
Cloth masks are all but worthless for Covid. This one protects me from all you infidels, though.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Email from Menards. They have masks in stock and online
https://www.menards.com/main/t...tId=MTcwMzI3NDc1NAS2

Posts: 1406 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
Someone told me women’s underwear material makes a good mask? I haven’t seen any yet?

I like that bat mobile mask a few pages back, yellow & black. That’s my style.

If that material works well, just get a pair of your wife or girlfriend's panties and wear them over your face Big Grin

You read my mind as I was reading the responses. Face cover by a panty crotch. Big Grin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4840 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I'm safe!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
The Combatant Craft Crewman Association sent a couple of these to each member. I don't go many places right now where I would need a mask, but when I do I use one of these or an N95 from my garage.

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had to look it up. It is a fictional company name from the "Resident Evil" universe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...dent_Evil_characters

I will say, though, that the particular picture shows someone who smiles with her whole face.

quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:

Great for business leaders. Great idea. Is it for a real corp by that name??

Posts: 2773 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
This mask looks pretty effective.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When the WuFu first hit and masks became ‘mandated’ and then all but impossible to find, Mike Lindell of MyPillow stepped up and began making them and selling them only to the healthcare industry, law enforcement and emergency services and some other ‘essential’ business and industries.

I am Buyer responsible for about six power plants and was able to purchase masks from him, and the total tally by now is probably close to 4k or so.

They are made well, fit nicely and have a nice weight to the fabric which allows easy transfer of air (yeah, the whole mask thing is mostly BS!).

I have not received ANY complaints about the masks, and I know for sure I would have heard about it if our employees and contractor’s were complaining about them. LOL!!

Anyhoo, Mike and his folks are great people (and he is very pro-Trump) and they are now selling them to the general public.

Buy with confidence at MyPillow.

10 for $9.99. Tell ‘em Rob sent ya!

Posts: 3485 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I use the free ones that stores hand out. I wear the least discomfortable one that lets me enter the stores.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8981 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
My old stock I've been using and reusing for trips to grocery store, doctor's office, autoparts store, hardware store:
  • I'm still using and reusing an old N95 mask. I let it hang 72 hours before using again.
  • 4 horribly cheap paper masks from an old earthquake kit from my Alaska days.

Since I'm going to be back at the office soon and there will be a mask requirement. My main requirements are washable, filter pocket insert, and cannot be made in China. I've ordered 2 different mask styles:
  • South Korean washable with filter pocket insert. Ordered April 23, departed Seoul on May, and arrived in Houston on Saturday.
  • Kryptek's Courtesy Mask. Ordered April 25th, but it has not shipped yet.

As far as filters:
  • I've ordered extra from Kryptek
  • I've been reading and HEPA bags do NOT contain fiberglass. Therefore, I bought some HEPA bags that fit my vacuum cleaner. I intend to cut up and put in filter inserts. Worse comes to worse, I vacuum with a HEPA bag instead of a less expensive allergan bag.

• Unless you have an airtight seal - I can't see that HEPA quality inserts would matter. Almost every mask used (unless it's SCUBA or HAZMAT type setup) has so much leakage around the edges that it really doesn't matter what it's made of. Only real benefit is if a sick person has on the mask - it will keep their coughs and snorts from going quite as far in the air around them...

------------------
    SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by SBrooks:
    quote:
    Originally posted by tatortodd:
    My old stock I've been using and reusing for trips to grocery store, doctor's office, autoparts store, hardware store:
  • I'm still using and reusing an old N95 mask. I let it hang 72 hours before using again.
  • 4 horribly cheap paper masks from an old earthquake kit from my Alaska days.

Since I'm going to be back at the office soon and there will be a mask requirement. My main requirements are washable, filter pocket insert, and cannot be made in China. I've ordered 2 different mask styles:
  • South Korean washable with filter pocket insert. Ordered April 23, departed Seoul on May, and arrived in Houston on Saturday.
  • Kryptek's Courtesy Mask. Ordered April 25th, but it has not shipped yet.

As far as filters:
  • I've ordered extra from Kryptek
  • I've been reading and HEPA bags do NOT contain fiberglass. Therefore, I bought some HEPA bags that fit my vacuum cleaner. I intend to cut up and put in filter inserts. Worse comes to worse, I vacuum with a HEPA bag instead of a less expensive allergan bag.

• Unless you have an airtight seal - I can't see that HEPA quality inserts would matter. Almost every mask used (unless it's SCUBA or HAZMAT type setup) has so much leakage around the edges that it really doesn't matter what it's made of. Only real benefit is if a sick person has on the mask - it will keep their coughs and snorts from going quite as far in the air around them...
    Well, thanks for quoting a nearly 6-month old post. We've all learned a lot since early May, and I never implemented the filters. PM2.5 and HEPA filters would be good if I ever traveled to a polluted area where I could see the air I breathed, but didn't implement for two reasons:
  • it made breathing in a mask even more challenging
  • it wasn't useful for preventing COVID

In the end, I only wear a mask when required (e.g. I need to earn a living and my employer requires) and the filter pockets are empty.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23297 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of bigdeal
    posted Hide Post
    Just an alternative to consider. I'm done with the Wu Flu and all the BS surrounding it. Done, finished, completely over it. But rather than argue with the store monitors every time I have to go out, I simply take the one and only mask I've had through this whole thing, place the elastic over my ears and pull the mask fully down under my chin. Sign says you must be wearing a mask to enter. According to the rules of the road, I 'am' wearing a mask. No issues with breathing, no itchy nose, and few if any have given me any crap about it. And the second I finish checking out with the cashier, off it comes.

This approach saves a whole lotta time, money, and effort when it comes to the 'magical mask mandate of 2020'. Wink

-----------------------------
    Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Not as lean, not as mean,
    Still a Marine
    Picture of Gibb
    posted Hide Post
    I have a few that I got printed at the mall that say

"This mask is as useless as my Governor"

I've more positive feedback from it than negative, but then again Gen. Mills is not much appreciated up here at the moment! Smile

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3355 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post