SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    California law bans small off-road gas engines, including lawnmowers and chainsaws
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

California law bans small off-road gas engines, including lawnmowers and chainsaws Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Desalinization plants require a lot of energy to operate. Where do you imagine California will get that extra energy?

Same place the get it and their water from now, everywhere else! Big Grin

I'm wondering where the government mandated power subsidies/taxes will go first, China or California?

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Had enough yet, Californians?
Nope. They had a chance to unload their retarded governor and they voted (rather definitively) not to.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Newsom recently signed into law this lunacy as well:

California mandates gender-neutral toy aisles for large retailers
I wondered if Newsome would take the opportunity to send a message to all those who pursued the recall that they're going to pay for trying to unload him. Welcome to Idiocracy, California style.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Government control of business……. Hmmm. Which system of government has that in the definition?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Looking past the green boilerplate, this is another leftist attack on individual identity (think gender shenanigans so in style today).

One chooses his property, the land, the stuff in the garage, etc., and, as such, they are an extension of oneself. Making that stuff difficult or impossible to take care of and be responsible for diminishes one's individuality. The heart of marxist totalitarianism is the negation of individual property.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
This is a great idea California. Let's do something to save the environment by making everything zero emission. Of course, there won't be any negative impact of that decision right? It's a perfect solution right?

What about all of the LION batteries that will be useless after 5 or so years? They can't be recycled, so they have to be landfilled. What are you going to do with all of the piles of toxic waste that results from this decision? What is next, the toxic footprint?

You didn't learn when you banned paper grocery bags to save the trees did you? What happened with all of the billions of plastic bags? All perfectly recycled right? None out there mucking up the environment right? It was perfect.... right?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Newsom recently signed into law this lunacy as well:

California mandates gender-neutral toy aisles for large retailers

California is the first state to adopt such a law. LGBTQ advocates have pointed out that marketing methods using pink and blue hues "pressure children to conform to gender stereotypes," AP notes.

https://www.axios.com/californ...06-40cf183e6179.html
I'm of the opinion that children SHOULD be pressured to conform to gender stereotypes.

Regarding the gas engine ban--just what are all those firefighters going to use in the woods from now on? Battery-powered chain saws won't work forever without charging.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
I think they should also make a law or maybe free states can, to not allow people from those states into a conservative state and try to change it and make it like their failed state. The crap laws that comes out of California are truly sickening.
I think it's time for Texas to ban immigration from California unless the adults can provide proof that they voted for Trump in the 2020 election.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
WHERE do they expect to get the electricity to run all of this stuff? Their electric grid is already overwhelmed.

I guess they have decided to do away with logging and other types of forestry management as well. I have yet to see a battery powered chain saw (for example) that will cut thru a standing tree that measures 30+ inches thick at the base. I have put a lot of time in over the years cutting timber with a chainsaw. Or when lumberjacks are harvesting timber. One saw, and how many batteries? Even if they can get a battery powered chainsaw large enough. Or maybe a nice 20KW generator and some extension cords. But that would emit those nasty fumes.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
When you go camping and usually bring a small generator, what are you now supposed to bring?

With less gas and more electricity draw, I’m guessing more power outages. House generators are a no go? No more generac? What will hospitals use for back up power?

The ban is on gas engines. Hospitals use large diesel gensets.

Gee, who knew that diesel engines do not produce exhaust gases. Roll Eyes

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder how many dirt bikes, UTV’s and ATV’s alone are in California.

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Joe Dirt:
So your gonna' tell me that you don't have no go-karts, no mini-bikes, or Jet-skis?

Kicking Wing:
No.

Joe Dirt:
Oh come on man. You got no generators, weed whackers, hedge trimmers, chainsaws, golf carts, pressure washers, street saws, or leaf blowers?

Kicking Wing:
No, I don't.

Joe Dirt:
You're gonna stand there, owning a hardware store, and tell me you don't have no snow machines, no snow blowers, garden tillers, grain augers, post hole diggers, 4-wheelers, ultra-lites, wood chippers, with or without the log splitter, or one single gas powered water pump?

Kicking Wing:
No... because electric and battery powered are the only ones I like.

Big Grin

Someone buy this man a beer.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

Regarding the gas engine ban--just what are all those firefighters going to use in the woods from now on?

flashguy

They're going to buy those chainsaws from my buddy's and my new lawncare appliance business we're opening up in Reno and Tahoe (Nevada side). Grand opening in 2024.

ETA: That was brilliant, monkey. Somehow I missed that when you posted it on page one.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Regarding the gas engine ban--just what are all those firefighters going to use in the woods from now on? Battery-powered chain saws won't work forever without charging.

Just wait till they figure out that battery chainsaws will not run constantly in 95+ deg heat. Heat is always an enemy of battery powered tools.

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I'm curious about new technologies that are being developed in the aircraft industries as it looks as though the EPA's gaze may be on them sometime in the near future. Anti-gravity crafts?

"EPA Determines that Aircraft Emissions Contribute to Climate Change Endangering Public Health and the Environment"

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Say what? Anti-gravity crafts?

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Say what? Anti-gravity crafts?

Not flying saucer type things, similar to the anti gravity Maglev technologies being developed. I'd love to travel on a 375mph train, or future development beyond electric cars using similar technologies. I'll likely not be alive to see it but it looks cool.

https://www.energy.gov/articles/how-maglev-works

Our future scientists are already working towards this tech..

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
I was thinking something like this...

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The black market for gas mowers and zero-turns etc is going to explode now there.

Have these woke idiots even given this any thought? Is there even such a thing as a battery powered zero turn mower? How do you mow a large property that is multiple acres with something that is battery powered? It’s impossible.

Bloody idiots Roll Eyes

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

flashguy

Silly flashguy. Firefighters are part of the government. You can’t possibly think the rules will apply to them. The government makes the rules for the people to follow. Surely you can’t imagine that they’d apply to the government.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post