SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cyberattack Forces Shutdown Of Largest Gasoline Pipeline In United States/ Update: Colonial paid hackers 5 million dollars.
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cyberattack Forces Shutdown Of Largest Gasoline Pipeline In United States/ Update: Colonial paid hackers 5 million dollars. Login/Join 
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
quote:
almost think Jimmy Carter is back in the White House....
I can deal with all that shit -- I just hope disco doesn't come back. Eek Big Grin

Now we know why Biden chose to meet Carter recently.
The only President still around that has the right experience to create such an experience for the American people.

Posts: 9516 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
Things seem normal here outside of Philly. Just went to top off this evening, and the station was the same as it was a few days ago when I last filled up. Same prices, no lines, no signs of impending doom.

Unfortunately, my parents are in VA right now and I'm worried they'll get screwed on the drive home.

I topped off yesterday and while it was a little busier than your typical Tuesday mid-day at my local gas station, there were no signs of panic hoarding or cars lined up. I did see that our already-too-high gas prices have shot up another 10 cents though, it was $3.11 at my local Wawa this morning. Frown

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
If you wonder why they have to issue warnings like this:

Here is why:

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

Here is why:
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9xLX3DL0XqY" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Did you upload that video? How did you find it so fast?

Posts: 800 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

I topped off yesterday and while it was a little busier than your typical Tuesday mid-day at my local gas station, there were no signs of panic hoarding or cars lined up.

That's because PA is not affected by the SE pipeline problem.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
J

quote:
Originally posted by Hildur:

That's an older video. That incident took place a year or so ago I believe.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's an older video. From last year.[/QUOTE]

The person who uploaded it on youtube uploaded it 5 minutes ago.

Posts: 800 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

Gotcha. I understand the gist of your question now.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

quote:

That's an older video. From last year.

The video was on Twitter, I just uploaded it on Youtube to share - there was no date on when the video was shot.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
quote:

I topped off yesterday and while it was a little busier than your typical Tuesday mid-day at my local gas station, there were no signs of panic hoarding or cars lined up.

That's because PA is not affected by the SE pipeline problem.

Everything I'm seeing shows this pipeline running right up to PA...

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

Everything I'm seeing shows this pipeline running right up to PA...

my post from yesterday...

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
Things seem normal here outside of Philly. Just went to top off this evening, and the station was the same as it was a few days ago when I last filled up. Same prices, no lines, no signs of impending doom.

Well, you got a few refineries right out your back door. And we're not slowing down one bit supplying crude to them. As a matter of fact, we're about to drop off over 300,000 barrels of crude tonight then head back down to the bay for more.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
As electronic warfare becomes the new frontline I think I’d be ok with approving a hit team to go in and kill every last damn troll and hacker who does shit like this both domestically and overseas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was just watching the news and they said it’s now over 72% of the gas stations in the Raleigh Metro area that are empty. And my poor son is stuck at Crabtree Mall (he works there) with no gas in his car.

Posts: 425 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: April 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine has a son in the Army stationed at Ft Bragg and he told his dad last night they were rationing gas near the post at 10 bucks worth and fistfights were breaking out in line ahead of him.

Imagine the day the food runs out... Eek

Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Imagine the day they do this to a grid.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Life is starting to feel like a prepper novel.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:

Ain’t that the truth! Chip, shortages, new car shortages, lumber shortages, gas shortages, chick FIL A sauce shortages.... I’m in TN and apparently we declared a state of emergency, but so far I haven’t seen gas stations out yet, but the panic is still ramping up.

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4313 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:

Panicked drivers in Southeast U.S. swarm pumps, ignore pleas to stop hoarding

And this dude is what is wrong with just about everybody…

Asked about government requests to avoid hoarding, he said: “Forget that. It's first come first serve. People have to look out for themselves. As long as they're peaceful and all."

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12334 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"Do not fill plastic bags with gasoline."

"Do not eat soap."

I want to be part of the gov't agency who is going to issue these endless warnings for imbeciles.

"Do not drive your automobile into a lake or any body of water."

"Do not bring your toaster into the bathtub with you. Make breakfast before or after your bathtime."

"Do not jump face first into a gravel pit. Actually, don't dive into any rock-filled pit (or onto concrete or any other hard surface), from any bodily position." (That should about cover it. Maybe not)

"Do not apply a lit acetylene torch to your house or apartment nor any of its furnishings nor any living creatures dwelling within."

Posts: 107608 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
People trample each other every Black Friday for $20 off a blender. This doesn't shock me. Sadly, I think some people are going to be in permanent panic mode going forward.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post