SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Academy Awards
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Academy Awards Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
I never watch them.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Fuck you ABC and Jimmy Kimmel

Indeed. Disgusting lot.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30403 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
quote:
I'll be looking forward to the highlights of the evening.
Sorry, but I really don't give a shit. I'm aware of their views and don't share them.
You cared enough to open the thread, and you're missing my point.

I got your point exactly, but I'm going to try watching it just for the entertainment value of watching stupidity in action. Sort of like dumb and dumber. I like watching my wife's reaction to the more stupid comments by the holywood libs. But if I feel like throwing up at any point, I will join you guys on a different channel.

1st Quarter Report - worse than I anticipated. A little stomach acid is trying to crawl up my esophagas, not as funny stupid as I had hoped, just stupid.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8673 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Report This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
There isn't a measure small enough to capture how much I care, to see those fools winning awards for pretending to be somebody their not!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Report This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Sorry, but I really don't give a shit. I'm aware of their views and don't share them.

I got your point exactly, but I'm going to try watching it just for the entertainment value of watching stupidity in action. Sort of like dumb and dumber. I like watching my wife's reaction to the more stupid comments by the holywood libs. But if I feel like throwing up at any point, I will join you guys on a different channel.

1st Quarter Report - worse than I anticipated. A little stomach acid is trying to crawl up my esophagas, not as funny stupid as I had hoped, just stupid.

Might be the worst one I have ever watched.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Hunt for Red October is on BBC channel. Screw the flaming mental deviates in Hollyweird!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16204 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
. . .Might be the worst one I have ever watched.

Which is good news.

These self-absorbed twits are alienating all of middle America, and they're playing only to the extreme left. They are digging their own professional and political graves.

May they continue to do so!

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
not watching the Academy Awards, but checking updates at places like Breitbart.

The documentary winner was a series : "O.J.: Made in America"

This was about the OJ Simpson trial.

The person accepting the award dedicated it to "victims of police violence, police brutality, racially-motivated violence and criminal injustice.”

Things are much much worse in our country than I thought a year ago. Or perhaps I have gone insane.

It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Hunt for Red October is on BBC channel. Screw the flaming mental deviates in Hollyweird!

It reminds me of the heady days of Sputnik and Yuri Gagarin when the world trembled at the sound of our rockets. Now they will tremble again - at the sound of our silence. The order is: engage the silent drive.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Report This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

2nd Quarter Report - I probably should have listened to Para. This is worse than the 1st quarter, and getting worse. The ubiquitous rote stupidity is astounding.

Posts: 8673 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Report This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I watched about an hour with the wife. We were curious how bad it was gonna be...it was bad.

These "people" are awful magnified.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Report This Post
Picture of callibird
posted Hide Post
I'd rather shave my nuts with a rusty shovel than watch this year's Oscars.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Posts: 935 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: August 06, 2007Report This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
After Star Wars beat Smokey and the Bandit in Film Editing, I knew the whole thing was rigged.
This line alone make the thread worthwhile. Big Grin

trapper189, you may have a CUT, if you so choose.

Well, thank you. Only about 7 months before my 10 year anniversary, but earning one is better. Smile

Posts: 10931 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Report This Post
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
not watching the Academy Awards, but checking updates at places like Breitbart.

The documentary winner was a series : "O.J.: Made in America"

This was about the OJ Simpson trial.

The person accepting the award dedicated it to "victims of police violence, police brutality, racially-motivated violence and criminal injustice.”

Things are much much worse in our country than I thought a year ago. Or perhaps I have gone insane.

Yeah, I looked at my wife and said "this guy just won an academy award based on OJ and is claiming that it is dedicated to criminal injustice" WTF?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Don't feel like reading four pages of AA thread. Any note worthy snowflake meltdowns?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20816 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Don't feel like reading four pages of AA thread. Any note worthy snowflake meltdowns?

Daryl G won for best cornerback in NFC east history. Sorry, wrong thread Wink

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

2nd Quarter Report - I probably should have listened to Para. This is worse than the 1st quarter, and getting worse. The ubiquitous rote stupidity is astounding.

3rd Quarter Report - There is no 3rd quarter report, I should have listened to Para the first time. I have a stomach ache, I never should have turned to this channel. There's no level of humorous stupidity to be found, there's only stupid, and not regular stupid, but deep profound stomach turning stupidity. I'm going to bed NOW. I feel stupid for even trying.

Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Did the Danish WWII film win? I can't watch it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21101 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post