SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does anyone else love fighter jet fly overs?? This one was nuts!!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone else love fighter jet fly overs?? This one was nuts!! Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I love to attend a service academy game, and USAFA is close enough to attend one every once in awhile (especially when our daughter lived in Monument. The last flyover I saw there was a B-2 Spirit.

This was pretty cool too, just a week or so ago.

Darn, had to delete the image, a USAF Parachute Demo Team jumping into Memorial Stadium in Lincoln; just too big and I can’t resize from my iPad.

Posts: 13283 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I love to attend a service academy game, and USAFA is close enough to attend one every once in awhile (especially when our daughter lived in Monument. The last flyover I saw there was a B-2 Spirit.

This was pretty cool too, just a week or so ago.

Darn, had to delete the image, a USAF Parachute Demo Team jumping into Memorial Stadium in Lincoln; just too big and I can’t resize from my iPad.

Both my children were born in the Springs.

I used to be able to stand in my driveway and drive a golf ball onto USAF academy turf (from the southern boundary).

I swear my house was a waypoint for the damn games… The B2 spirit pulling a U-turn in front of my office downtown as well on a Saturday was unbelievable. (First time I had seen a B2 up close.)

We used to always go to the Thunderbirds practice sessions for graduation. And my youngest son was two years old and an F16 came right at him nose on, ahead of the engine noise, and he instinctively hit the deck with that plane about 1000 yards away. I burst out laughing on the good instincts.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigseller2000
posted Hide Post
This year's Indy 500, I was lucky enough to be in the Pagoda on Saturday durning the flyby practice. Elevator opens and 2 Thunderbird support walk in, one was a female and a damn hammer in her tight fitting jump suit. Fast forward to the flyby, which was way cool. we go out to the entrance area, but still under the stands and they do a sneak pass from the side and scare the sheeeit out of all of us! Coolest and loudest thing I have ever experienced

Posts: 784 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: November 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 591 | Registered: December 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After this rather low University of Iowa (Iowa City) T-38 fly over about ten years ago the flight lead got into hot water.

The flyover begins at :30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN-pX4KtpLA

Another view:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTNFw7I6yho

Posts: 15909 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's a great 50-minute video from inside of an F-16 cockpit. It was at the 2022 Wings Over Houston event, looks like Ellington ANGB.

Article and video:

https://theaviationist.com/202...demo-flight-routine/

Video only: https://youtu.be/W2HsTbTY-uw

Posts: 15909 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
I love these. My bro used to buzz the house when I was kid.

Posts: 2784 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yesterday a 185 ARW (IA ANG, Sioux City)) KC-135R did a flyover before the Univ of Iowa (Hawkeyes) game in Iowa City.

Articles: https://www.kcrg.com/2022/11/2...tadium-hawkeye-game/

https://www.185arw.ang.af.mil/...ka-football-flyover/

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2VRGQzzD9Y

Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
I read that there's ground personnel at sporting events who try to coordinate with the pilots so the flyover occurs during the lyric, "home of the brave."

The anthem singers often drag out the verses as part of their performance interpretation - the OP's case being a perfect example.

I conducted the National Anthem with a choir once for an Indy car race where we had to coordinate a flyover. We were told exactly when to start, and they knew the timing of our performance down to the second. But the flyover was still about 7 seconds late.

Posts: 3678 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
My favorite was a firepower demo where an A-10 came in very low from behind the bleachers and let loose with the GAU-8.

Posts: 9053 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
^^^^Me too. The coolest flyover for me was when I was on the ground holding a rifle and I could see little puffs falling from the nose of A-10s when they were dropping spent brass. Brrrrrrrrrpt. Sweetest sound in the world to infantry.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8220 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I was fishing above a dam one day about 35 years ago just hanging out when 2 fighter jets come over the top of the mountains here in oregon bussed the water and flew right over the dam probably one of the coolest things I have ever witnessed. almost couldn't believe what I just saw.

Posts: 5600 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We spent 4 winters in Destin Florida. We had a condo across the street from the beach and spent a lot of time there. We saw some really cool flyovers frequently.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4233 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post