SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Suggestions for eating fish for one who “doesn’t like seafood”
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suggestions for eating fish for one who “doesn’t like seafood” Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

FWIW, I don't do "seafood"--I do "fish". If it didn't have fins I don't like it.
There ya go! If it doesn't have fins and scales, it's not kosher (catfish does not qualify -- fins, but no scales).

Any cocktail can be a shrimp cocktail if you put your mind to it, and if you carry lots of loose shrimp in your pocket.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 27429 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
While doing the weekly shopping today I picked up a pair of frozen swordfish steaks, vac sealed, and a package of “sole dover wild caught product of usa”. The sole was not frozen but the date was several days out, it was pretty cheap… about $5 for two small filets.

When I got home I was hungry for a little lunch so I preheated my cast iron and threw sink salt on the sole. A little butter and olive oil in the pan, with some minced garlic, and cooked the fish up. Only took a few minutes.

No fishy smell at all, either pre or post cooking. No fishy taste, frankly not much taste at all. I think this could be a regular addition and I’m sure the kids would eat them. I’m a fan.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post

Any cocktail can be a shrimp cocktail if you put your mind to it, and if you carry lots of loose shrimp in your pocket.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 27429 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post