SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    It would have been very different...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It would have been very different... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Did this hoodie fad start with Trayvon Martin(sp)? I live in an all white town in WV., I see kids in our town(1,200 pop.), wearing hooded sweatshirts no matter the weather.

Damn near all of them wear these hoodies with the hood up in 90 degree heat?!

Are they trying to be wanna be white thugs? I think the hooded sweatshirt is a great invention.

They kept me warm working outside, now I think of them as punk clothing. I have a thermal lined one and love it but it’s hung up above 40 degrees, we rarely get windy days, might be cold but no wind.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I am very glad you are safe Dave.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear all is well with you,your place and staff. It is sad and pathetic the politicians allow this type of behavior without cracking down and punishing these thieves with harsher sentences. I also wish they would bring back harsher prisons and chain gangs.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
I totally get that life is supposed to be more precious than “stuff”, ...
Problem with that thinking is it ignores the fact that "stuff" represents time out of peoples' lives spent in acquisition of it.

When somebody steals from you they are, by extension, stealing part of your life.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
Did this hoodie fad start with Trayvon Martin(sp)? I live in an all white town in WV., I see kids in our town(1,200 pop.), wearing hooded sweatshirts no matter the weather.

Damn near all of them wear these hoodies with the hood up in 90 degree heat?!

Are they trying to be wanna be white thugs? I think the hooded sweatshirt is a great invention.

They kept me warm working outside, now I think of them as punk clothing. I have a thermal lined one and love it but it’s hung up above 40 degrees, we rarely get windy days, might be cold but no wind.

I think it is more of a disguise than a fad.
Hoodies have been used for concealment of identity for a long time.
Especially in the more populated areas aka da hood (no pun).
Of course that advantage is offset by pants half way down your ass making it hard to run from the PO PO. Smile

Posts: 22912 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I am glad they didn't come in. Be prepared.

You should take your post down, though.

Why - what is the issue with Dave's post?

He said something about almost wishing they had come in to the store. Should he have to shoot, that could be used to make it seems as if he was looking for a fight.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Glad you're ok, best that you have the staff properly trained,

Posts: 23461 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Problem with that thinking is it ignores the fact that "stuff" represents time out of peoples' lives spent in acquisition of it.

When somebody steals from you they are, by extension, stealing part of your life.

You're right and it never fails to amaze me how few people understand this simple fact.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Just curious - this seems to be a rock and a hard place.

Seems like one can reasonably assume that these thugs are up to no good. On the other hand, they might sue for discrimination if they aren't allowed to enter the business. These thugs, likely not. But someone eventually might.

How does a business owner win?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: konata88,

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12724 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
What's in black hoodies right hand?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12421 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
Thank you everyone for the emails and suggestions. A week ago, same gang hit this place: https://www.foxla.com/news/sma...-under-investigation

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6010 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
smschulz, man you nailed the britches I.D. I notice that around here also. Good call!

Stay safe David. Wish I had a flamethrower to give ya to keep away the riff raff.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Might be time for another roof top defensive position.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29704 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Might be time for another roof top defensive position.

I just heard gunshots and saw people in hoodies with hammers & crowbars dropping Like flies. No, I didn’t see anything, wish I could help ya officers.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Hoodies + masks = no ID on CCTV

OP: YOU ARE BEING CASED, they WILL be back. Be ready

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Be ready, but thugs usually go for easy pickings. OC is full of easy pickings.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
The main problem with "life is more valuable than stuff" is that you can't assume it will be either or. About 20 years ago I wrote articles for a conservative magazine and one of my first stories was about a mom & pop grocery store in Harrisburg that was robbed. An older Vietnamese couple ran the store and the whole thing was on video.

Three black teenagers enter with guns drawn. The couple does not in any way resist. In fact, they are fully compliant. As the husband stands with his hands raised, his wife opens the register and hands the whole drawer to one of the thugs, scooping up the bills that were under the drawer and handing them over.

The three turn to leave, and as the first two go out the door, the last one turns and shoots the husband in the head. He dies after being on life support for weeks.

It's awful to read, and it was much worse to see on video.

The images are burned into my mind, and all I can think is: Evil.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
It’s not life or stuff. Lots of gray in between. Like how you no longer feel safe in your castle after being burglarized, let alone robbed. Some things are priceless, like peace of mind.

The left who make this about stuff can go fuck themselves.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12724 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
I read where a Jeweler in the LA area bagged several gangbang critters who tried to holdup his store at gunpoint. He's a legal permit holder, I'm told.

After many threats on his life he now does mail order business out of his home.

Lance Thomas (AKA badass jeweler).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...w&ab_channel=RodgerB

These pictures make me sick to my stomach. Politicians, weak prosecutors, and judges have foisted these heathen upon the honest and hard-working while they lecture the masses from behind their gated mansions. These punks don't even try to hide anymore. Broad daylight.

Posts: 1093 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

You are not wrong and I don’t disagree a bit. Sadly, the law is not similarly enlightened, at least in some states.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post