SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    It would have been very different...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It would have been very different... Login/Join 
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted
if my staff let them in.

I suspect a strong nexus between this smash and grab gang and the 2 gentlemen that tried to enter my business.

https://abc7.com/smash-and-gra...o-el-monte/11865211/

Ironically the store that was hit is called "David's Jewelers"

This message has been edited. Last edited by: davetruong,

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6010 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Stay safe, Dave.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12724 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Oh my goodness ...

You have it together so know you can handle, knuckleheads need to be aware where they step as it could be a kinda shit they wish they had not stumbled upon.

Karma thoughts your way sir ...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: old dino,

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sons o' bitches Mad

Get off of my planet Mad

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Mid-May in southern California with hoodies on. No fucking way I'm letting them into my store.

Posts: 13118 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read where a Jeweler in the LA area bagged several gangbang critters who tried to holdup his store at gunpoint. He's a legal permit holder, I'm told.

After many threats on his life he now does mail order business out of his home.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Someday they will receive what they deserve.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8527 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
ROAD-TRIP!!!

The Seattle chapter will bounce right down to trade for some local LA Vietnamese, Cali’freshMex comida cantina for extra “meal” protection overwatch …

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
ISTM once-upon-a-time a couple guys walkin' around all suspicious-lookin' like that would've been rousted by the cops.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Having a coach gun in plain sight might make them go elsewhere..I know, I know it’s Cali and that’s frowned upon there…eventually it will reach a tipping point and sending a few to the morgue will send the right message.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11286 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Man, I didn't know it was so cold out there in Commiefornia with all the hoodies and gloves and all. Confused

Posts: 22912 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chbibc:
Someday they will receive what they deserve.

Sooner the better!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Having a coach gun in plain sight might make them go elsewhere..I know, I know it’s Cali and that’s frowned upon there…eventually it will reach a tipping point and sending a few to the morgue will send the right message.

A Lupari!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Duuuude.

Be safe out there man. I'm certain you could have handled it, but I'm glad you didn't have to deal with the aftermath.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by davetruong:
No one, I mean no one is doing anything against these smash and grabs.
There's a $1.50 solution to these clowns. Wink Glad you guys didn't become part of the madness.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
If I remember correctly where your place it, I think it's more suburban, right? Not adjacent to any big city or low income neighborhood?

I moved to a relatively conservative place and people here think it's a possibility that such shenanigans might come here. And we're like an hour and a half from Phoenix.

As others said, stay safe.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19667 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Lost opportunity

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4580 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
ROAD-TRIP!!!

The Seattle chapter will bounce right down to trade for some local LA Vietnamese, Cali’freshMex comida cantina for extra “meal” protection overwatch …

Would be a fun road trip for you, I and 911Boss to see David.

Smile

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Stay safe David.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36842 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Are man-traps legal in CA?

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post