SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Commie Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez-Macarena-Hey-Macarena defeats 10 term Democratic incumbent
Page 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 138
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Commie Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez-Macarena-Hey-Macarena defeats 10 term Democratic incumbent Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, for fuck's sake.

Oh yeah, calling an idiot an idiot is "the reason right keeps losing ground."

If we're losing any ground, it's because of defeatist bullshit like this, and not for calling a spade a spade. Good grief. Just take away our ability to speak the truth, and then well be better, right? What the fuck??

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107603 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Oh, for fuck's sake.

Oh yeah, calling an idiot an idiot is "the reason right keeps losing ground."

If we're losing any ground, it's because of defeatist bullshit like this, and not for calling a spade a spade. Good grief. Just take away our ability to speak the truth, and then well be better, right? What the fuck??

Yeah. I get worried about 2020 after seeing the close elections from last year. I get worried when I see young people actually pay attention to the ex-bartender from NYC while we laugh and post memes. The Republicans have seen Medicare-for-all coming since the day Obama took office. 10 years later still lotta bitching but still no solutions. And lots more free shit at the expense of the middle class.

NEW YORK (AP) — Democratic presidential contender Julian Castro launched his campaign by pledging support for “Medicare for All,” free universal preschool, a large public investment in renewable energy and two years of free college for all Americans.

Link

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Take your hand-wringing elsewhere.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107603 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.washingtonexaminer...-on-much-of-anything

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said the White House isn't going to take into account what freshman Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., has to say.

"I don't think we're going to listen to her on much of anything — particularly not on matters we're gonna leave in the hands of a much, much higher authority — and certainly, not listen to the freshman congresswoman on when the world may end," Sanders told Fox News, referencing Ocasio-Cortez’s claim that the world will end in a little over a decade.

"We're focused on what's happening in the world right now," Sanders said in the interview that will air Tuesday night. "We wish that Democrats like herself would engage in that conversation, help us fix some of the current problems we know exist, and work with us to get some things done — particularly on the border, fixing the national and humanitarian crisis."

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today's news - she's been appointed to the House Oversight Committee.

Posts: 2773 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
That's awesome.

The Dem leadership knows she's a nut so why not give her a spotlight so she can hang herself with the rope of stupidity. She's looks like a nut for all the world to see and maybe she loses her seat in 2020.

Posts: 4079 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
As a testament to this woman’s weapons grade stupidity, when I see a meme about her I have to stop and wonder if it’s legit no matter how outrageous.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
details on SigSAC post above

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...-oversight-committee

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., was among the firebrand freshmen lawmakers who landed spots on the House Oversight Committee on Tuesday -- a key panel that will soon be questioning former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen amid investigations into Trump's business dealings and more.

The Oversight Committee is the House’s main investigative committee, and was used by Republicans to investigate a range of Obama-era controversies when they were in power. Democrats will now use the committee to investigate President Trump, his business dealings and alleged connections to Russia. Next month, Cohen will testify to the committee in public, in what is likely to be the jumping-off point for further investigations.

Ocasio-Cortez is joined by other members of the Democratic Party’s more progressive wing, including Rep. Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich., who earlier this year raised eyebrows by vowing to “impeach the motherf---er” in reference to the president.

Other lawmakers added to the committee were Rep. Ayanna Pressley, D-Mass., and second-term House member Rep. Ro Khanna, D-Calif.

I’m so pleased to welcome our new Democratic Members to the Committee on Oversight and Reform," Chairman Elijah Cummings, D-Md., said in a statement. "Our Committee is the primary investigative body in Congress, and we will address the issues that affect the American people every day while we root out waste, fraud, and abuse. The American people voted for accountability and transparency this past election, and I’m eager to work in a bipartisan manner on behalf of all of our constituents to deliver on these goals.”

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Chairman Elijah Cummings, D-Md., said in a statement. "Our Committee is the primary investigative body in Congress, and we will address the issues that affect the American people every day while we root out waste, fraud, and abuse. The American people voted for accountability and transparency this past election, and I’m eager to work in a bipartisan manner on behalf of all of our constituents to deliver on these goals.”

Haha...hahaha...bwahahaha! Oh my, that’s rich!

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
And we wonder why intelligent life in our universe hasn't communicated with us...

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15484 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Cortez:

According to @LindseyGrahamSC, the President failing to condemn neo-nazis, forcing thousands of federal workers to go to food pantries,& risking all their credit scores is whatever, but not letting the President march down the House Floor until we pay people first is “a new low.”

Graham response:

Let’s bury the hatchet and enjoy the next 12 years because they are going to be our last, right?

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...casiocortez-n2540186

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Graham response:

Let’s bury the hatchet and enjoy the next 12 years because they are going to be our last, right?
Game, set, match to Senator Graham.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Graham response:

Game, set, match to Senator Graham.

That sailed so far over that dumb bitches head she’d probably need a telescope to get a grasp of the open handed slap.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
And we wonder why intelligent life in our universe hasn't communicated with us...
Could be they have a similar problem?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh God, if ther’s an AOC at an interstellar level then the entire universe is screwed.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Largefarva,

Posts: 685 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5739 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
She speaks in platitudes.......and sometimes plongitudes.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29702 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5739 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post