SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Commie Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez-Macarena-Hey-Macarena defeats 10 term Democratic incumbent
Page 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 138
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Commie Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez-Macarena-Hey-Macarena defeats 10 term Democratic incumbent Login/Join 
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Best response yet.

Posts: 5738 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not to plug SNL, but someone on breitbart comments referenced this as being prophetic of Occasional Cortex

https://youtu.be/RGsQES_OdrQ

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Cortez tweeting about Howard Schultz (former Starbucks CEO talking about running for President):

Why don’t people ever tell billionaires who want to run for President that they need to “work their way up” or that “maybe they should start with city council first”?

response from Dana Loesch:

Schultz grew up in the projects, was the first of his family to go to college, and turned a tiny coffeeshop into a multi-billion dollar company. How much more should he “work his way up?”

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Cortez tweeting about Howard Schultz (former Starbucks CEO talking about running for President):

Why don’t people ever tell billionaires who want to run for President that they need to “work their way up” or that “maybe they should start with city council first”?

response from Dana Loesch:

Schultz grew up in the projects, was the first of his family to go to college, and turned a tiny coffeeshop into a multi-billion dollar company. How much more should he “work his way up?”

When I read about this in a Yahoo news story, my first thought was, how ridiculous coming from her, bartender-turned-congresswoman, suddenly knowing so much about everything, at least according to her almost daily press coverage. The more I learn of Schultz, the more ridiculous it becomes. My God, she's ignorant. I know that's not news, but she's relentless about proving it, and sometimes it's breathtaking.

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ It's both entertaining and frightening.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
cisgender = a person whose personal identity corresponds with their birth sex

(this is almost everyone. 95% plus of the population are "cisgender")

Cortez feels being a cisgender makes her "privileged"

Cortez:

"if you haven’t had a transition in your life where, you know, you were maybe born poor or born without certain privileges and then especially as you transition into having certain privileges in your life, you actually see and feel and sense and taste and smell all of the differences.

If you’ve never experienced different treatment in your life, you wouldn’t know what different treatment feels like or looks like. And it’s really, really hard.

I mean, it’s like — and we can all, almost every single person in this country can acknowledge some privilege of some of some type, you know. I’m a cisgendered woman.

I will never know the trauma of feeling like I’m not born in the right body. And that is a privilege that I have, no matter how poor my family was when I was born.

But it’s really hard for some people to admit that they — you know, it’s part of this weird American Dream mythology that we have, that for a lot of — in a lot of circumstances isn’t as true or isn’t as clearly communicated as we’d like for it, or we wish it was.”

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...dered-woman-n2540635

more Cortez:

"They’re like, and we need to — you know, they say discrimination or unfair incarceration of black men, and then they pause and the crowd cheers, and it’s like, in their mind, they’re like ‘you’re welcome’ for acknowledging it.

And it’s like, okay, acknowledging racism is a really big step. It’s a really big step from where we were.

But you’re right, it’s nowhere near enough and the solutions are so painful.

Frankly, I find it — I find the solutions for white communities to be very painful because it’s very painful for a community to understand and have go through this — like, you can be — the idea that you can be poor and benefit from the color of your skin does not compute for a lot of people.

And going through that realization is very painful or even just economically for people that were born with silver spoons. It’s very painful to admit that you had advantages and it’s just — “

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

the only pain I feel is listening to a blathering idiot who is a member of the House of Representatives

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
^^^^Umm, more memes please. At least they make sense.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^I'm totally confused about what she was trying to say in sdy's post.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
It looks like Omar is trying to battle her for biggest idiot in the party with the 90% tax thing. Should be fun to watch.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
It likely has to do with the repeated use of the word 'like'. If you try and start a conversation with me, and within the first few sentences use the term 'like' or 'so' more than a couple times, I'll simply turn and walk away.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
It likely has to do with the repeated use of the word 'like'. If you try and start a conversation with me, and within the first few sentences use the term 'like' or 'so' more than a couple times, I'll simply turn and walk away.

I stopped reading because I thought it was satire. Wow...

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

The only person that I can think of in the whole world that might have been able to make anything out of that entire mess of gibberish would be John Lennon................

No one I think is in my tree
I mean it must be high or low
That is you can't you know tune in but it's all right
That is I think it's not too bad

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 95 | Location: Southeast Michigan -- Downriver | Registered: May 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:

She has bought into the false concept of white privilege and believes a correction is due from YT.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
my post above is not satire

at the link you can watch and hear Cortez say these things

I left out the worst part.

Another person in the interview jumps in and says

"look what happened to Brett Kavanaugh when he was confronted. He melted down"

Kavanaugh said "I worked for everything I ever had"

They ridicule Kavanaugh for his "white privilege".

Cortez says Kavanaugh had an "identity melt down"

These people are beyond insane

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Another person in the interview jumps in and says

"look what happened to Brett Kavanaugh when he was confronted. He melted down"

Kavanaugh said "I worked for everything I ever had"

They ridicule Kavanaugh for his "white privilege".

Cortez says Kavanaugh had an "identity melt down"

These people are beyond insane
What we "witnessed", and what they "perceive" are not the same thing, scary but not at all surprising. Unfortunately.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brianp90:
quote:

The only person that I can think of in the whole world that might have been able to make anything out of that entire mess of gibberish would be John Lennon................

No one I think is in my tree
I mean it must be high or low
That is you can't you know tune in but it's all right
That is I think it's not too bad
Maybe bendable can help . . . . Wink

He has an unusual way of looking at things.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried to watch the video in the link to Townhall...is she high?

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post