SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How Many True Friends Do You Have?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How Many True Friends Do You Have? Login/Join 
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Buried him in ‘13.

I have some men I could trust, because they are that kind of man, and because my father was their compadre. (Great term, which doesn’t exist in English, TMK. Basically means the kind of friend y’all are talking about. Technically, it refers to a man who’d raise your child, if you died.)

Posts: 5740 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
I do have family I could count on.

Posts: 5740 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Interesting thread.

I have three and like many others, one is my wife of 26 years.

Posts: 11223 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Including my dog? 3.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Less than ten. There are true friends that you can trust with your secrets, and friends who would loan you two Grand if you needed it. There are true friends that will stand up for you in a confrontation. To me there are lots of categories and no one person fits them all.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been really blessed and have 4 life long friends. Each one I would trust with my life and they would do the same. None of them are relatives, but they are truly my brothers.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A married couple I've known for a long time and 1 other person.
Lots of acquaintances I can hang around with but I'm just friendly with them.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Trains Not Taken Are Gone.
posted Hide Post
My wife and daughter.

----------------------------------
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Know which hill you're willing to die on.

Posts: 92 | Location: Finger Lakes NY | Registered: October 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
I have three; wife is one! The other two I have known since grammar school. Although we live quite a distance apart, I'm sure these guys would do whatever they can to help me, and vise versa!

Posts: 3399 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
One, maybe..

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
One.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One I'd trust my life with. The other one, my brother passed 24 years ago.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1687 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jandersd
posted Hide Post
Interesting thread as this was a question I was pondering over the weekend. I have had a number of acquaintances (friends for a season); however, I can point to only three people that I could call on at any time for any reason. One is my wife, one is a long-term friend from as far back as high-school. The other was my brother who passed in 2018.

---
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

Posts: 1123 | Location: Cartersville, GA | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
4, including my wife.
I find it's ample.

Runnin' and gunnin' (slowly..)

Posts: 98 | Location: Malta | Registered: July 09, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You never really know what you have until it's put under pressure. That's when you see people's true face.

V.

Posts: 328 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: April 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post