SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How Many True Friends Do You Have?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How Many True Friends Do You Have? Login/Join 
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
I'm reminded of Chris Rock's take on Columbine...skip ahead to :50 seconds for the relevant bit.

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2917 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Not counting my wife, one.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
When I was a child my father asked me that question. I told him I had lots of friends. He shook his head and told me I wouldn't be able to count my friends on more that one hand. He was correct.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5909 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I feel fortunate. I have six as described by the OP. I broke them into two categories for clarification.

My dad
My wife
My friend Stewart (40 years of friendship)
My friend Dustin (40 years of friendship)
These two are brothers. Known them most of my entire life. We have been through some pretty incredible things, and have always had each other’s back. While I’m not related by blood, I may as well be. These two guys are more than family. A bond that most people wouldn’t understand.

My friend Roman
My friend Bob

Not quite the same as the four listed above. These two are definitely friends by the description of H&K guy in the original post.

The difference is the first four would trade their life for mine, as I would for them. I don’t have that same bond with these two.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I have my daughter and son which are even closer to me than close friends. But as far as friends as you described I have four that I would trust completely with my assets as well as life and death decisions. We are more than friends and have all made it through adversity with each others help.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7098 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I have 6 I can count on for pretty much anything should the need arise and I would do the same for them.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two, my wife and my friend Mike. I want to be as good to them as they are to me.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
If we're talking about posting bail or helping you move, I've got two or three I could count on.

But if we're talking about showing up at their door in the middle of the night with a knife in hand, covered in blood, and hearing them say: "Wait here, I'll get my shovel" then there's only one.

Posts: 10753 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Not dismissing the wife, one and he's been trying my patience. I surely miss some other friends but people change, huh?

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
True friends are hard to come by. I have a couple lifelong friends that I can cound on for anything, and vice versa. Most "friends" are just aquantainces when it's convienent.

As the saying goes though, I'd rather have four quarters than a hundred pennies.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One. Most people I know fall into the classification of acquaintance.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Zero.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
3, including my wife.

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just my wife. I had another, but he died.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
Only one outside my immediate family.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You really don't know what you have until it's put under pressure. The last four months have really been illuminating.

I have none.

V.

Posts: 328 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: April 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife plus 1.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
4, including the wife

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10423 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Two

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21109 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
If we aren’t counting spouses, zero.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post