SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My father's real (aka Western calendar) 100th birthday
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My father's real (aka Western calendar) 100th birthday Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Big Grin

Many of you probably remember our extended family celebrating my father's 100th last year that was based on our tradition. Well, a year later, it's his real 100th, and I'm thrilled to report that the man is still doing well.

No one else is around this time, except me and Mrs Q. But, we enjoyed the quietness and the excellent food Mrs Q cooked up. The lemon grass flavored salty crabs were particularly delicious.

Q

Posts: 26470 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I think you're lucky. My mother croaked a couple of months short two years ago. He's smiling so I think we can infer that he's happy. Many of the oldie's don't seem so happy. With age often comes pain and suffering. Hope he makes it to 200 and is still happy.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18389 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Ooooo I love those fried crabs!

Happy birthday indeed!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39769 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He looks fantastic as you both as well. Very blessed to have him still with you, one happy family :-)

Posts: 259 | Registered: July 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday to your father.

Posts: 5310 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Q - Please extend to your father my well wishes and a very Happy Birthday. I cannot imagine the experiences he has had and the things he has seen in 100 years. You are a blessed family….I also love seeing the photos of your mother just behind all of you. GREAT pictures…..Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
You've got good genes man! Congrats to dad!

Posts: 11395 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
A very happy birthday to him!

Posts: 17903 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jodel-Time
Picture of Mboroman
posted Hide Post
How awesome is that? Happy Birthday to your dad. He certainly doesn't look to be 100. Glad to see that a good time was had by the three of you.

Posts: 566 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I send wishes for good fortune this year as well. Congratulations to your dad.

Your meal looks fantastic!

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear he's still doing well! I love your t shirt too!

Posts: 154 | Registered: December 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Q, I love family, seeing happiness.
God bless great parents!

PS., man you folks eat great looking food!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
A very happy birthday!

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11302 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a nice read to start the day. A great looking and happy group. Blessings to you all!

Posts: 1500 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
That's so awesome! Great looking food too, I'm sure he loved it.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7081 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please wish him Happy Birthday from the great state of Wyoming.

PC

Posts: 1342 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday from Utah!

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday to your dad! What a great post - made me feel good to read it.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9000 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
What a blessing and amazing landmark to reach in life! Happy Birthday to him!

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday, Q's dad!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post